The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby Jack » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:02 am

pwggrodd wrote:From what I understand, Alex Reynolds doesn't wan to work much outside of NY, so booking only Silver's probably what would happen anyway, LBO. Anyway, Gresham is another name that I'm surprised hasn't made his way to PWG yet. Lio Rush and Donovan Dijak too.

Gresham is great. I believe he just won the CZW World Heavyweight Championship.
Jack

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:55 am

Yeah, he did. He then immediately embroiled himself in a feud with David Starr, it seems.
pwggrodd

Postby Jack » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:57 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Yeah, he did. He then immediately embroiled himself in a feud with David Starr, it seems.

Hopefully both come to Reseda soon.
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:51 pm

I seriously doubt we are gonna see JT Dunn any time soon. His draw is he is Chris Hero's mini-me, and now that Hero is heel and probally feuding qith Andrews I don't know if I see a spot for Dunn. Not to be a dick, but who wants to see Mini-Hero on the undercard when we get the real thing on the same show?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:48 am

You keep saying that, but outside of teaming with him and using elbows, I don't see it. They wrestle nothing alike. And since Dunn's usually a heel too, I don't see them not teaming in the future either.
pwggrodd

Postby Jack » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 pm

pwggrodd wrote:You keep saying that, but outside of teaming with him and using elbows, I don't see it. They wrestle nothing alike. And since Dunn's usually a heel too, I don't see them not teaming in the future either.

Dunn is great as a heel. Hope him and Hero will still team up regularly in PWG.
Jack

Postby El Asian » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:29 pm

I know I've stated that PWG should slow down bringing in new UK guys (or technically European guys) but if I had to make exceptions at by next year, I would say debut Jimmy Havoc, Flash Morgan Webster, Big Van Walter, Joe Coffey, and Trent Seven. Also the reason why I feel PWG should slow down bringing in new Euro guys is the fact it is losing its charm having them over in PWG, granted not saying PWG should stop booking the current ones they brought in since BOLA, they can keep bringing them back whenever they can. I just feel that the current ones should be enough aside for the ones I suggested to debut in the future but I feel maybe bring in more guys from other regions basically at this point, maybe more luchadors like Raul Mendoza, Flamita, Laredo Kid, and Steve Pain to really showcase more different styles or of course other guys locally, other guys making names for themselves in the US indies, more guys from Japan, or even guys from Canada though that last one, PWG hasn't had good luck with that part.

With that said, the one person I completely disagree that PWG should bring in is Dahlia Black, not because I find her terrible or anything, because I don't follow enough on her and I'm sure she's solid and all but I feel there are much more deserving female wrestlers that PWG should bring in especially that are available in this country. Granted, if Black is in town for anything, then maybe PWG can bring her in.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:58 am

No way PWG slows down on the Euro guys. You're saying the Euro guys are losing their charm like bringing them is a novelty. At this point they aren't a special attraction, they are full fledged roster members, and arguably the backbone of the company. Look at WrestleMania weekend, three European promotions are running that weekend (Progress, RevPro, and WCPW), and Evolve is working with Progress, ROH will probally be using Ospreay and Scurll s they are set to debut for ROH in the UK very soon, and Shimmer uses Kay Lee Ray and Nixon Newell. The fact is Europe is producing talented wrestlers at a blistering rate, and Progress and PWG have a very good relationship with each other. That being said, I agree it would be cool to see somebody like Mendoza come in who would add a lot.

As far as Dahlia, I agree, even though she is my favorite woman's wrestler she is not quite the worker Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo (who Excalibur is a huge fan of, please bring her in), Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm, or Evie are as Dahlia has way less experience. If they had a straight woman's match I would say chose from that pool I just mentioned. However my point is the entire act of Dahlia, TK, and Banks is tremendous. Travis Banks is probably the next big thing out of Europe(even though he is from New Zealand) just an incredible worker, TK Cooper as a shit ton of potential, and even where he is right now he is great. My argument is either bring all 3 or none for now, but them together is just a tremendous act.

But it's been 6 1/2 years since a woman since Candice has been booked...
eastbay510

Postby Jack » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:52 pm

El Asian wrote:I know I've stated that PWG should slow down bringing in new UK guys (or technically European guys) but if I had to make exceptions at by next year, I would say debut Jimmy Havoc, Flash Morgan Webster, Big Van Walter, Joe Coffey, and Trent Seven. Also the reason why I feel PWG should slow down bringing in new Euro guys is the fact it is losing its charm having them over in PWG, granted not saying PWG should stop booking the current ones they brought in since BOLA, they can keep bringing them back whenever they can. I just feel that the current ones should be enough aside for the ones I suggested to debut in the future but I feel maybe bring in more guys from other regions basically at this point, maybe more luchadors like Raul Mendoza, Flamita, Laredo Kid, and Steve Pain to really showcase more different styles or of course other guys locally, other guys making names for themselves in the US indies, more guys from Japan, or even guys from Canada though that last one, PWG hasn't had good luck with that part.

With that said, the one person I completely disagree that PWG should bring in is Dahlia Black, not because I find her terrible or anything, because I don't follow enough on her and I'm sure she's solid and all but I feel there are much more deserving female wrestlers that PWG should bring in especially that are available in this country. Granted, if Black is in town for anything, then maybe PWG can bring her in.

How about Tyler Bate?
Jack

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:54 am

eastbay510 wrote:No way PWG slows down on the Euro guys. You're saying the Euro guys are losing their charm like bringing them is a novelty. At this point they aren't a special attraction, they are full fledged roster members, and arguably the backbone of the company. Look at WrestleMania weekend, three European promotions are running that weekend (Progress, RevPro, and WCPW), and Evolve is working with Progress, ROH will probally be using Ospreay and Scurll s they are set to debut for ROH in the UK very soon, and Shimmer uses Kay Lee Ray and Nixon Newell. The fact is Europe is producing talented wrestlers at a blistering rate, and Progress and PWG have a very good relationship with each other. That being said, I agree it would be cool to see somebody like Mendoza come in who would add a lot.

Fair enough though I guess at this point, PWG could add a few new ones for next year with Mark Haskins going on hiatus though I would guess Haskins could be back by BOLA next year but I still feel PWG could slow down on debuting new ones but the guys I mentioned previously are I would say ready enough to be brought in at this point. As for Mendoza, barring he hasn't signed a WWE deal currently, but yeah, him and as I mentioned Steve Pain, Flamita, and Laredo Kid plus another guy, Misterioso Jr. and Dragon Lee.

eastbay510 wrote:As far as Dahlia, I agree, even though she is my favorite woman's wrestler she is not quite the worker Io Shirai, Kairi Hojo (who Excalibur is a huge fan of, please bring her in), Kay Lee Ray, Toni Storm, or Evie are as Dahlia has way less experience. If they had a straight woman's match I would say chose from that pool I just mentioned. However my point is the entire act of Dahlia, TK, and Banks is tremendous. Travis Banks is probably the next big thing out of Europe(even though he is from New Zealand) just an incredible worker, TK Cooper as a shit ton of potential, and even where he is right now he is great. My argument is either bring all 3 or none for now, but them together is just a tremendous act.

Well, as for Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo, turns out it might be too late for PWG to book them sadly as they are heading to the WWE it seems by spring next year. As for Dahlia, I'm sure her as well as Banks and Cooper are great talent though I guess maybe wait out for them to get better by 2018. As for other women, I rather see PWG bring in Cheerleader Melissa and Taya Valkyrie over Dahlia plus that they are probably in the area most often anyways that wouldn't require a flight and if it works out, a slow burn for PWG to bring in more women wrestlers as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:25 am

So it looks like Shirai and Hojo will be joining WWE in April. I wish there was some way they could make an appearance before heading there. Knowing Excalibur is a huge fan of Kairi Hojo I really think if they don't bring her in before she is signed that is a pretty clear sign we can give up on ever seeing women's wrestling in PWG, I mean it's een over 6 years at this point anyway.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Well whatever happens next year and if a certain someone doesn't prevent it, Triton from CMLL wants out of CMLL and plans to work more US indies next year in April, so he is someone I would like to see PWG consider as well. Also, I really would like to see Willie Mack, ACH, AR Fox, Josh Alexander, and Rocky Romero back in PWG at least for next year as well.

Also, another Euro guy that I mentioned before but didn't mention with Flash Morgan Webster, Jimmy Havoc, Trent Seven, Big Van Walter, and Joe Coffey would be Joe Hendry, granted I may have been confused Hendry with Coffey but still, bring either is fine.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:58 am

El Asian wrote:Well whatever happens next year and if a certain someone doesn't prevent it, Triton from CMLL wants out of CMLL and plans to work more US indies next year in April, so he is someone I would like to see PWG consider as well. Also, I really would like to see Willie Mack, ACH, AR Fox, Josh Alexander, and Rocky Romero back in PWG at least for next year as well.

Also, another Euro guy that I mentioned before but didn't mention with Flash Morgan Webster, Jimmy Havoc, Trent Seven, Big Van Walter, and Joe Coffey would be Joe Hendry, granted I may have been confused Hendry with Coffey but still, bring either is fine.

Alexander 100% will not be back in PWG, he had more problems trying to cross the border a couple months and he is only taking bookings in Canada. ACH would be cool to have back... if he actually takes it seriously and wants to do more than just fuck around. Remember when ROH pulled some of their talent? ACH still appeared and had that absolute stinker with AR Fox and neither have been back since.

Another Euro guy that would be amazing is Paul Robinson. He is one of the best pure heels in wrestling (I think he is a better heel than Jimmy Havoc). He is also one of the most underrated guys on the indys, as he is also a great worker and everyone that works with him seems to have high praise, Ricochet put him over on Austin's podcast.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:00 am

ACH has been much better lately. I think ROH not using him worth a crap motivated him to try harder.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:24 am

pwggrodd wrote:ACH has been much better lately. I think ROH not using him worth a crap motivated him to try harder.

Great to hear, I know he has been doing very well in Japan. Also another thing that will help him is the flippy days of PWG are pretty much gone. Remember back in 2013/2014 when PWG had all those DGUSA guys and PWG became the flippy/comedy promotion. I'm not saying he should lose all his charisma, but losing the comedy for the most part would do wonders for the guy, the talent has always been there.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:42 pm

pwggrodd wrote:ACH has been much better lately. I think ROH not using him worth a crap motivated him to try harder.

To be fair, it seems most guys in ROH aren't really that motivated anyways

eastbay510 wrote:Alexander 100% will not be back in PWG, he had more problems trying to cross the border a couple months and he is only taking bookings in Canada.

What the hell is up with Canadians lately? Always seems to be an issue going on, how is it guys from Japan, Mexico, and Europe don't seem to have this issue? Hell, I just realize this year is the first time in BOLA where there was nobody from Canada participating

Anyways, here's a suggestion nobody has brought up yet, Peter Kaasa, if anyone is wondering who that is, basically my best description is that he's basically a white Uhaa Nation, here's some highlight reel of him

Right now, he's been touring with Dragon Gate lately, so he is only going to get better and he is definitely going to be someone that is definitely gonna be a huge star soon

Also depending how things go next year, and speaking of Uhaa Nation, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him, Pac, and Samuray Del Sol back in PWG
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:51 am

Kyle O'Reilly was in BOLA. He's Canadian. As much as I'd like to see Uhaa, Pac, and Samuray get released, because the WWE's got zero idea what to do with them, I don't see WWE releasing too many guys in the near future, simply because they need as many bodies as they can get or keep, with this stupid brand split thing (I hope I'm wrong about this.)
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:41 am

pwggrodd wrote:Kyle O'Reilly was in BOLA. He's Canadian. As much as I'd like to see Uhaa, Pac, and Samuray get released, because the WWE's got zero idea what to do with them, I don't see WWE releasing too many guys in the near future, simply because they need as many bodies as they can get or keep, with this stupid brand split thing (I hope I'm wrong about this.)

O'Reilly is married to an American woman and lives in St. Louis, so he dosent have to worry about crossing the border.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:43 am

El Asian wrote:

To be fair, it seems most guys in ROH aren't really that motivated anyways

eastbay510 wrote:Alexander 100% will not be back in PWG, he had more problems trying to cross the border a couple months and he is only taking bookings in Canada.

What the hell is up with Canadians lately? Always seems to be an issue going on, how is it guys from Japan, Mexico, and Europe don't seem to have this issue? Hell, I just realize this year is the first time in BOLA where there was nobody from Canada participating

Anyways, here's a suggestion nobody has brought up yet, Peter Kaasa, if anyone is wondering who that is, basically my best description is that he's basically a white Uhaa Nation, here's some highlight reel of him

Right now, he's been touring with Dragon Gate lately, so he is only going to get better and he is definitely going to be someone that is definitely gonna be a huge star soon

Also depending how things go next year, and speaking of Uhaa Nation, I wouldn't be surprised if we see him, Pac, and Samuray Del Sol back in PWG

Kassa has potential, but he is SUPER green right now. He is good as the flippy guy for now, which is why DG is a great fit for him. I am intrigued to see where he is in a couple years.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:43 am

Kaasa will be a new man once he's spent 6 months or so in DG. He wouldn't be the first. Sometimes I wonder if maybe he's not trying to do too much flippy stuff considering his physique, though.
pwggrodd

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum