The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:05 am

El Asian wrote:I actually agree about those issues with Dickenson, especially the stuff about Perro Aguayo, probably the reason I was hesitant to suggest him, which is why I suggested to bring him with Jaka at least, also I guess you could also say that PWG already has guys like Strong and most likely Richards will come back to fill the type Dickenson would have filled. Also, what was the incident in CZW with Christina Von Eerie and Masada?

Masada and Von Eerie were dating, then he found out mid show that she had been cheating with Dickenson. Dckenson was scheduled to win the CZW title. But he was banned from CZW for the time being and jicked out of the building. So they put the title on Biff insted. Which us why CZW fans hate Biff.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:52 pm

Maybe its true or not though to be fair, Masada has come off a complete and utter asshole, maybe more so than Dickenson, though CZW fans aren't exactly, no offense, known to have good sense of taste but then again, Biff has had a successful stint in PWG, got a chance to fight Super Dragon, and now he's in the WWE
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:03 am

Hell, CZW fans LOVE Masada, and he's a worthless piece of crap. That being said, Dickinson has a lot of the same problems in ring that Masada does-specifically, being reckless and taking WAY too much of the match.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:42 pm

I feel the more bookings other wrestlers take, especially once they get to PWG, the more they start half ass working CZW. Anyways, how about Sami Callihan to return?
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:48 am

El Asian wrote:I feel the more bookings other wrestlers take, especially once they get to PWG, the more they start half ass working CZW. Anyways, how about Sami Callihan to return?

Remember when Hero got released be came back for All Star Weekend on short notice...

Anyway I have an idea for a stable. How bout Jimmy Havoc as leader/world title contender, and Lee/Sami under him and contenders for the tag titles? Possibly turn Rushmore face in this scenario and providing a ton of great matchups.

Tell you don't want to see Sami/Lee against the Bucks?
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:46 pm

I remember somebody once described Trevor Lee as a mix of Sami Callihan and Katsuyori Shibata-so I think Callihan teaming with Lee makes sense. As far as Jimmy Havoc goes, I think he needs to show up somewhere in the U.S. soon. He's a great heel.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:32 pm

True, I would also feel Callihan could also have great matches with guys like Tommy End, Pentagon Jr., Akira Tozawa, Marty Scurll, Zack Sabre Jr., and Mike Bailey as well if or when he returns, maybe by All Star Weekend.

So another WWE guy got his release this week, he has attended PWG shows in the past under contract as well, maybe not even for the January but somewhere down the line, after a tour in Japan or Mexico I guess, so yeah, maybe Brad Maddox?
El Asian

Postby swagking » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:36 pm

Any chance of Joe Doering making some PWG appearances? Dudes one of the best gaijin in Japan over in AJPW. Just one big, stiff dude who can work with the best of them. Has one hell of a lariat. Seeing him exchange elbows and lariats with Chris Hero and Roddy as well as having a slow, plodding match with ZSJ would be fucking insane.
swagking

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:16 am

I don't ever want to see ACH back in PWG... unless he actually feels like doing more then just fucking around.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:13 pm

ACH is a give or take for me, I wouldn't complain if he came back, might be potential to face newer guys in PWG now like Mike Bailey, Mark Andrews, Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, Fenix, Pentagon Jr., Drago, Timothy Thatcher, Aero Star, Angelico, Jack Evans, Akira Tozawa, Sami Callihan, or Trevor Lee, though if I had to choose, I say bring AR Fox back over ACH.

Speaking of ROH, since they are back, I guess the question is who we like to see in PWG now that a deal has been in place, Bobby Fish is a given and come DDT4 will probably be back by then, so other ROH guys I could expect to see in PWG soon, especially making their PWG debut would be War Machine, Donovan Dijak, and Dalton Castle. Also wouldn't mind seeing the Briscoes and Jay Lethal back for a few appearances.

Hopefully PWG will still bring in newer guys that are working for smaller companies but are rising in other indies outside of ROH, we've discussed those names and will probably talk about them later. Also, hopefully we see Beaver Boys and Team Tremendous again, though knows what is happening with Team Tremendous due to personal issues going on.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:59 pm

If it's between ACH and AR Fox... neither. Fox can't have a good match to save his life, and like I said if ACH actually wants to work then why not, but I don't see that happening.

As far as ROH goes I hope it dosen't become a situation where half the roster is booked insted of new guys. I can't stand the Briscoes to be honest, and neither them or Lethal were getting booked before the ban, so I really don't expect them back. To me besides Cole, O'Reilly, and the Bucks I'm not that excited that the ban is lifted.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:12 pm

Jonathan Gresham, Donovan Dijak, David Starr, JT Dunn, Dave Mastiff, Shynron
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:02 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Jonathan Gresham, Donovan Dijak, David Starr, JT Dunn, Dave Mastiff, Shynron

I have been watching a lot of European wrestling as of late(In fact it's the majority of what I watch these days), I think Mastiff is incredibly overrated. I asked my friend why is he so popular, and he told me he has fallen off lately. Personally if I made a list if Euro guys to bring over he would be way down the list. And if you want someone that size to kinda dominate the roster I think Big Daddy Walter would be a better option.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:29 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
PWGnorthern wrote:Jonathan Gresham, Donovan Dijak, David Starr, JT Dunn, Dave Mastiff, Shynron

I have been watching a lot of European wrestling as of late(In fact it's the majority of what I watch these days), I think Mastiff is incredibly overrated. I asked my friend why is he so popular, and he told me he has fallen off lately. Personally if I made a list if Euro guys to bring over he would be way down the list. And if you want someone that size to kinda dominate the roster I think Big Daddy Walter would be a better option.

Big Daddy Walter would absolutely be a great fly in, shame to hear those opinions of Mastiff, I thought he was going to get announced for BOLA15 when he mentioned it on twitter
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:57 pm

Mastiff is by no means a bad wrestler by the way. It's just to me he is kinda generic and not that exciting. His size is the only thing that really stands out to me. Guys like Mark Haskins, Jimmy Havoc, Jack Gallagher(when he starts getting higher profile matches in Progress people will fall in love with him, kid is amazing), Walter, and Tyler Bate all stick out way more to me.

Once again, just my opinion.
eastbay510

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:31 am

i like most of the guys mentioned xcept for jimmy havoc, i'd much rather have mastiff than jimmy.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:11 pm

eastbay510 wrote:If it's between ACH and AR Fox... neither. Fox can't have a good match to save his life, and like I said if ACH actually wants to work then why not, but I don't see that happening.

As far as ROH goes I hope it dosen't become a situation where half the roster is booked insted of new guys. I can't stand the Briscoes to be honest, and neither them or Lethal were getting booked before the ban, so I really don't expect them back. To me besides Cole, O'Reilly, and the Bucks I'm not that excited that the ban is lifted.

Fair point though I guess with Lethal and the Briscoes, its more for few appearances than Fish, Cole, O'Reilly, and Elgin can make and as I said, some newer ROH guys could definitely benefit working PWG to really showcase themselves like Donovan Dijak, War Machine, and Dalton Castle plus bringing in those other indie guys that are not in ROH (or even TNA) to showcase against ROH guys, as mentioned still hoping for Shynron, Tim Donst, and Tracy Williams to debut at least.

As for the European guys, I'm open to whoever though I do wonder if Dave Mastiff was gonna be part of BOLA but something didn't pan out or he announced his participation before PWG did that probably lead to PWG booking others instead, just speculation on my part for that one and most stuff as well. Though I guess if I had to choose, probably Mark Haskins.

Also, with Tozawa hopefully making more appearances next year, I do hope this leads to the return of more Dragon Gate guys in PWG as well as bring in the newer Dragon Gate guys that haven't worked PWG before like Big R Shimizu, Eita, and T-Hawk. Also still hoping maybe NJPW guys in PWG as well, at the very least guys like Shinsuke Nakamura, Tomohiro Ishii, and KUSHIDA.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:55 pm

To me the indys right now are extremely dry in the US as far as upcoming talent. As of right now the only guy I think is PWG ready is Tracy Williams. I also like Lio Rush, but he is still super young, hopefully he dosen't go JT Dunn, Matt Cage, or Shane Strickland and just kinda plataeu.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:07 pm

Probably though I would add in Joey Janela in there as well but as you said, they could suffer the same issues like Shane Strickland, Matt Cage, and JT Dunn have where they just become stagnant, Strickland could get better depending what happens with Lucha Underground season 2 though
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:58 pm

I think it will be a lot harder to get into PWG in 2016 then in 2015 with all the ROH guys back. Think about how loaded the PWG roster is right now: Sabre, Roddy, Ricochet, Cole, O'Reilly, Hero, Bucks, and Ospreay are all guys you could argue that are "Best in the world". Plus a ton of other great talent. I will argue with anybody that this is the most loaded roster from top to bottom ever in PWG's history as far as pure wrestling talent(yes I am including the Steen and Generico days).

To me when I look at the US indys there is nobody I can see not looking out of place besides Williams. My prediction is that in 2016 the only US guy we see debut is Hotsauce... but it's wrestling, guys seemingly come out of nowhere.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum