The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby El Asian » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:15 pm

This is probably the worst suggestion ever for PWG to bring in a guy as he's not even a wrestler but Dan Ryckert, a game critic for one of my favorite game site's Giant Bomb, who is also a manager down in APW and recently managing Joey Ryan over there, here's stuff that sums up Dan for those unfamiliar him as well as his recent stuff in wrestling now, yelling at children and using the CBS building to cut a promo about managing Joey Ryan:

Spoiler: show

A very dumb suggestion on my part though granted, it wouldn't require a flight since he does live in Northern California, so it would be just a long drive but a manager or even a commentator for a match with Excalibur where it would just consist of a shit ton of video game references on commentary, more so than usual I guess.

Now in a more serious note, while I'm fine with bringing guys from the east coast or England and I'm still all for it, but I do miss the days when PWG bring in a bunch of local guys and put them in the opening and see where it goes from there. I know there was some issue regarding Willie Mack but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him back personally. One guy that was brought to my attention is a guy named Eli Everfly, I think he might have potential, some random clips of the guy:

Spoiler: show

El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:40 am

i'd say give soul fighter joe graves a chance, i think it would be cool to see him make a name for himself in PWG rather than waiting until he catches on somewhere else first. i don't think he'd need to be flown in either.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 pm

I can see Joe Graves getting a shot, I think there are some local guys that do deserve a shot and make a name for themselves instead of just waiting to go elsewhere. Another guy, already discussed in another thread, I really hope PWG brings in soon though is Jeff Cobb, who is probably making a good name for himself as of late.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Bid Damo just tweeted that he is in the States in May and has open dates May 13th-15th and 20th-22nd hopefully PWG is running one of those days.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:34 pm

Yeah, hopefully, I do hope PWG announces dates for the next show soon though.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:05 am

El Asian wrote:Yeah, hopefully, I do hope PWG announces dates for the next show soon though.

Who knows, it's been over a month since ASW and still no announcement.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:27 pm

So Evolve and Progress revealed their qualifiers for WWE's Cruiserweight Series, Zack Sabre Jr. is part of it but that's not what I want to talk about but the person he is facing in the qualifying match, Flash Morgan Webster. Also Jack Gallagher's opponent, Pete Dunne, and I know eastbay is most familiar with Gallagher, but I'm sure the qualifying match will get Dunne and Webster notice, whether or not they end up beating Sabre and Gallagher, so those are 2 guys I can maybe see in PWG soon, maybe eastbay can his opinions on them since he is more familiar with the UK scene on here. Same with Gallagher as well, as eastbay has pushed for, him and Noam Dar unless WWE signs them after the Cruiserweight Series. Also another guy from the UK scene to suggest, Joe Hendry.

Also another guy to suggest, also part of the qualifying match for Evolve, is Fred Yehi. Also somebody in another thread mentioned that Josh Alexander returned to wrestling, so I wouldn't mind seeing him back, maybe bring back Monster Mafia as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:48 pm

El Asian wrote:So Evolve and Progress revealed their qualifiers for WWE's Cruiserweight Series, Zack Sabre Jr. is part of it but that's not what I want to talk about but the person he is facing in the qualifying match, Flash Morgan Webster. Also Jack Gallagher's opponent, Pete Dunne, and I know eastbay is most familiar with Gallagher, but I'm sure the qualifying match will get Dunne and Webster notice, whether or not they end up beating Sabre and Gallagher, so those are 2 guys I can maybe see in PWG soon, maybe eastbay can his opinions on them since he is more familiar with the UK scene on here. Same with Gallagher as well, as eastbay has pushed for, him and Noam Dar unless WWE signs them after the Cruiserweight Series. Also another guy from the UK scene to suggest, Joe Hendry.

Also another guy to suggest, also part of the qualifying match for Evolve, is Fred Yehi. Also somebody in another thread mentioned that Josh Alexander returned to wrestling, so I wouldn't mind seeing him back, maybe bring back Monster Mafia as well.

Yea, I obviously marked out like crazy when Gallagher was announced for the GCS qualifier. I fully expect him to beat Dunne, with how TV ready his gimmick is (basically Simon Gotch) and how crisp and adaptable he is. Jack reminds me of Gulak and Thatcher, except where I feel those two will not deviate from the grapple style no matter what. I felt Thatcher got exposed big time Mania weekend as a one trick pony to an extent(I still like him), Gallagher wrestles to his oponent's style much more and has some higher impact offense.

I feel like WWE did a good job with choosing talent for the qualifiers, Webster and Dunne have improved a ton over the last year or so. I am actually a little sad we probally won't get Flash in the GCS as I feel he also has a really unique look and a lot of cool offense.

What if PWG runs an ASW the weekend after this is filmed? Mabey we could see a few of the international guys in Reseda.
eastbay510

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon May 02, 2016 9:43 pm

From his showing against Sabre in the qualifier I hope Webster doesn't get brought in. Almost everything he did took me out of my suspension of disbelief.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby pwggrodd » Tue May 03, 2016 8:51 am

Webster looks like somebody who could be a big deal in a couple of years. As of now, he's a bit green. Tends to botch a bit.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu May 05, 2016 8:44 pm

I guess you might be right regarding Webster. I guess in terms of British guys that would have a good chance making their PWG, it probably be Mark Haskins, Big Damo, and Jack Gallagher at this point.

Also, I know Super Dragon has never been big on women wrestlers and I would assume that hasn't exactly changed aside for the occasional intergender matches with Candice but depending if we've seen the last of Candice in PWG, I wouldn't mind seeing more women wrestlers in PWG but at the very least, bring in Taya, Sexy Star, Cheerleader Melissa, Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani, and Kairi Hojo since most of them have become more available in the area lately that wouldn't require a plane ticket plus Melissa lives in the area most of the time anyways.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:36 am

It looks like Barrett is taking time off, when/if he comes back a match with Hero is a must. Also I would be intrested in seeing what Sandow can do. Not sure if he is more Drew Galloway or Brian Meyers, but I would be intrested in seeing what he can do.
eastbay510

Postby Luchaundead » Fri May 06, 2016 10:58 am

eastbay510 wrote:It looks like Barrett is taking time off, when/if he comes back a match with Hero is a must. Also I would be intrested in seeing what Sandow can do. Not sure if he is more Drew Galloway or Brian Meyers, but I would be intrested in seeing what he can do.

Sandow got over huge in PR and was actually pretty good back in the Idol Stevens days he always more of a character guy than an in-ring guy so I don't know if he'd get over in current day PWG though it would definitely be something to see
Luchaundead

Postby Jack » Sun May 08, 2016 5:33 am

Both Damien Sandow and Wade Barrett would be great additions to the PWG roster. I'd love to see Damien Sandow face Dalton Castle.
Jack

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:51 am

PWG needs teams badly, how bout Catchpoint? Honestly any combination would be cool, although I would love to see Yehi and Williams brought in as a team.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon May 09, 2016 9:43 pm

PWG bringing in Yehi and Williams together could work but as for PWG's really lacking tag division this year, I understand guys like Sydal and Ricochet, reDRagon, and of course, the Young Bucks are busy with NJPW a lot of the time but I think that could be a perfect time to reestablish by bringing back new teams as well as starting new teams with pairing up with other guys as well, some possible ideas:

-Bring back Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, and Monster Mafia, I understand that Monster Mafia had some issues last year with Alexander's suppose retirement and kinda lack of interest bringing Page for a solo run but Alexander is back and I think they could have some solid matches. While I don't know why PWG stopped on Team Tremendous and Beaver Boys but I hope they get another shot again. Also the one obvious team that PWG could also bring back as well would definitely be the Motor City Machine Guns

-Put Everett and Lee as a team more often, despite a run in DDT4 and the 6man, they haven't done much after losing the tag titles and kinda feel they are faltering lately in singles, so I think they could work more often in tag teams, maybe allow them to play more heel as well especially considering this is what Trevor has been doing. Also, if PWG brings back Chris Dickinson, I say just put him with Callihan as a tag team. Also, with Trent? busy with NJPW as well, maybe have Chuck team up with Drew Gulak instead, maybe bring in Rocky Romero when Trent? is available as part of the "The Best Friends Explode" in PWG that has been somewhat hinted.

-Whenever PWG does bring back Angelico and Jack Evans, I say have them work as a tag team a bit more instead of the usual single matches though I don't mind them working singles though. Also maybe bring back Aero Star and Drago but as a tag team together because I feel they could work better as a tag team than singles compared to Fenix and Pentagon Jr.

-As for new tag teams, I say just bring War Machine and Tabarnak de Team, though I guess after stuff involving Mike Bailey and the Super Smash Brothers, PWG could be wary on booking Canadians but I still say there aren't much new teams PWG can bring in besides those names.
El Asian

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Tue May 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Luchaundead wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:It looks like Barrett is taking time off, when/if he comes back a match with Hero is a must. Also I would be intrested in seeing what Sandow can do. Not sure if he is more Drew Galloway or Brian Meyers, but I would be intrested in seeing what he can do.

Sandow got over huge in PR and was actually pretty good back in the Idol Stevens days he always more of a character guy than an in-ring guy so I don't know if he'd get over in current day PWG though it would definitely be something to see

Working a match and wrestling a match are 2 different things.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:37 pm

El Asian wrote:PWG bringing in Yehi and Williams together could work but as for PWG's really lacking tag division this year, I understand guys like Sydal and Ricochet, reDRagon, and of course, the Young Bucks are busy with NJPW a lot of the time but I think that could be a perfect time to reestablish by bringing back new teams as well as starting new teams with pairing up with other guys as well, some possible ideas:

-Bring back Beaver Boys, Team Tremendous, and Monster Mafia, I understand that Monster Mafia had some issues last year with Alexander's suppose retirement and kinda lack of interest bringing Page for a solo run but Alexander is back and I think they could have some solid matches. While I don't know why PWG stopped on Team Tremendous and Beaver Boys but I hope they get another shot again. Also the one obvious team that PWG could also bring back as well would definitely be the Motor City Machine Guns

-Put Everett and Lee as a team more often, despite a run in DDT4 and the 6man, they haven't done much after losing the tag titles and kinda feel they are faltering lately in singles, so I think they could work more often in tag teams, maybe allow them to play more heel as well especially considering this is what Trevor has been doing. Also, if PWG brings back Chris Dickinson, I say just put him with Callihan as a tag team. Also, with Trent? busy with NJPW as well, maybe have Chuck team up with Drew Gulak instead, maybe bring in Rocky Romero when Trent? is available as part of the "The Best Friends Explode" in PWG that has been somewhat hinted.

-Whenever PWG does bring back Angelico and Jack Evans, I say have them work as a tag team a bit more instead of the usual single matches though I don't mind them working singles though. Also maybe bring back Aero Star and Drago but as a tag team together because I feel they could work better as a tag team than singles compared to Fenix and Pentagon Jr.

-As for new tag teams, I say just bring War Machine and Tabarnak de Team, though I guess after stuff involving Mike Bailey and the Super Smash Brothers, PWG could be wary on booking Canadians but I still say there aren't much new teams PWG can bring in besides those names.

I totally disagree about Lee faltering. I think he has been a great heel and has been having really good matches(besides the stinker against Callihan). He is a victim of not being involved in an angle, I feel like he would do great in a program with somebody... But it's PWG so that aint happening.

Everett on the other hand, I can't think of a single reason he is still being booked. He is not over, no personality, and looks overshadowed on a consistant basis(his match with Cole expecially pointed this out). I firmly believe he and Lee dropped the ball so hard which is why the Bucks took the titles off them imediatly after DDT4, which by the way isn't happening this year(can't imagine why). Besides this match vs Trevor I can't think of any other possible Everett matches I want to see. I feel like he is only in PWG because they need bodies while they try out guys like Dickinson and Dunn and figure out who is staying.
eastbay510

Postby Jack » Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Can we please have War Machine in PWG? I'd die to see them face Death by Elbow if JT Dunn becomes a regular.
Jack

Postby El Asian » Wed May 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Jack wrote:Can we please have War Machine in PWG? I'd die to see them face Death by Elbow if JT Dunn becomes a regular.

I guess that be cool, if not Dunn then maybe Tommy End instead.

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:PWG bringing in Yehi and Williams together could work but as for PWG's really lacking tag division this year, I understand guys like Sydal and Ricochet, reDRagon, and of course, the Young Bucks are busy with NJPW a lot of the time but I think that could be a perfect time to reestablish by bringing back new teams as well as starting new teams with pairing up with other guys as well, some possible ideas:

I totally disagree about Lee faltering. I think he has been a great heel and has been having really good matches(besides the stinker against Callihan). He is a victim of not being involved in an angle, I feel like he would do great in a program with somebody... But it's PWG so that aint happening.

Everett on the other hand, I can't think of a single reason he is still being booked. He is not over, no personality, and looks overshadowed on a consistant basis(his match with Cole expecially pointed this out). I firmly believe he and Lee dropped the ball so hard which is why the Bucks took the titles off them imediatly after DDT4, which by the way isn't happening this year(can't imagine why). Besides this match vs Trevor I can't think of any other possible Everett matches I want to see. I feel like he is only in PWG because they need bodies while they try out guys like Dickinson and Dunn and figure out who is staying.
I guess you might be right with Lee though I guess his current heel gimmick he is doing now could work a bit better now though I do feel he has lost some steam after that Callihan match but that was before his recent change in gimmick.

As for Everett, I think Everett had some promise but then his injury 2 years ago put things in a halt but then he returned and there was still some potential but I think the problem now is that current crop of flyers that came last year like Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews, Fenix, Jack Evans, and Angelico have surpass Everett in comparison but I do think Everett still shows up now is due to the fact the Young Bucks, Matt Sydal, Ricochet, and Will Ospreay are unavailable lately plus Rich Swann getting signed by the WWE and I guess Everett fills the flyer quota aside for Mark Andrews but personally I think since Everett and Lee tend to be a pair, especially lately on TNA, I think it could work out having them team in PWG a bit more as a heelish tag team instead.

Now as for DDT4, if there is a show in June, well it probably wouldn't be DDT4 and if I had to guess, it would most likely be a Mystery Vortex, barring any possible dead singers for PWG to name a show after happens until then. If PWG does have a DDT4 this year, I guess the best time for a DDT4 this year should be actually be the last show of the year in December and have it a 2 night event as well as possibly use the show as a "reboot" for PWG's tag division.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum