The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 11, 2018 11:28 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Gage is probably the only one of the CZW originals who CAN work. And Damian was NEVER good, especially not these days. As far as me going to FSW, no. I live far, far away from Nevada. I'd sure love to, but not possible. Anyway, I hope that CIMA brings Gao Jingjia and Zhao Yilong with him for that showcase match, at least. Maybe A-Ben and Lü Ye, too. PWG really should consider trying to re-establish ties with CIMA. If you want to be on the vanguard of wrestling trends, bringing in the OWE guys would certainly be a way of doing that.

damian at least had charm, ah well to each their own.

did somebody mention joe doering?? i always thought he was underrated, haven't seen him since the brain cancer thing, isn't he doing a cowboy gimmick or something??

suwama would be awesome too.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby pwggrodd » Sat May 12, 2018 6:49 am

Actually, Doering just finished up a run as the AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight champ in March. He had a pretty good Champion Carnival too. He's been really good since he came back from the tumor in January 2017.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:31 am

So I went to FSW last night. Apparently there were Visa issues cause none of the four advertised OWE guys were there. CIMA and another OWE guy were on the card, and wow, was this dude green. Too bad I couldn't get a look at the advertised guys, but unless they are infinatly better than this guy they aren't close to PWG level yet.

Another thing is the owner of OWE and his family were in attendance. Apparently this dude is a movie producer or something, I can see that being a potential problem. Will this dude always travel with his wrestlers? And if so will he always expect tickets to be held for him and his family? That is all speculation obviously, but as for right now, personally I say there is no hurry bringing in Chinese talent. I love PWG being ahead of the curve on both Europe and Australia, but in this case it might be better to see how it plays out.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Sun May 13, 2018 1:39 pm

I think it might be better to sit back a few months too. These guys can do a lot of great highspot oriented stuff, because of their backgrounds, but CIMA, T-Hawk, Lindaman, and Yamamura are going to need some time to build their fundamentals, because not only are they completely green, they also are guys who simply have no real cultural background or understanding of pro wrestling. They're a bit more behind the eight-ball than most rookies, I think. I have faith that the DG guys will do good things with these guys, but a bit of patience is probably a good idea like you said. Besides, they might have to work on the work visa situation anyway.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 am

pwggrodd wrote:I think it might be better to sit back a few months too. These guys can do a lot of great highspot oriented stuff, because of their backgrounds, but CIMA, T-Hawk, Lindaman, and Yamamura are going to need some time to build their fundamentals, because not only are they completely green, they also are guys who simply have no real cultural background or understanding of pro wrestling. They're a bit more behind the eight-ball than most rookies, I think. I have faith that the DG guys will do good things with these guys, but a bit of patience is probably a good idea like you said. Besides, they might have to work on the work visa situation anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure with time, they'll get better and if CIMA does bring OWE guys to PWG, put them in a showcase match at least though as for the current Dragon Gate guys going to China, those I would not mind seeing in PWG and hone their skills in the states as well, in particularly for me, El Lindaman.

And with WWE raiding the UK scene, talked about in another thread, one has to wonder if there are any others that WWE hasn't gotten a hold of yet, I would say bring in Jimmy Havoc, Ilja Dragunov, Joe Hendry, TK Cooper, Jordan Devlin, and Chuck Mambo are all that is left though technically those are more European guys than UK guys, unless WWE announces them for their UK tournament after I type this.
El Asian

Postby El Asian » Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am

Forget about Jordan Devlin, replace him with Chris Brookes instead since his name wasn’t listed for the UK Tournament
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sat May 19, 2018 7:06 am

Probably a pipe dream, but after last night's AAA show, I want Hijo del Vikingo. Just look at this-https://clips.twitch.tv/TangentialPiercingSandstormHeyGirl
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Tue May 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Probably a pipe dream given how strict AAA are with their talent, personally maybe CMLL might be easier to work with lately and if that's the case, I would love for PWG to bring in Dragon Lee, Barbaro Cavernario, Titan, Fuego, Rey Cometa, or Guerrero Maya, Jr. at least.
El Asian

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum