The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Is there any way we could see Shinsuke Nakamura for a special apperance? ROH may be working with New Japan soon, and they want to do stuff in the states. They ran shows on the east coast a couple years ago, and Cali is closer to Japan...
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:05 am

Where are these New Japan rumors coming from?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:32 am

Garden State Saint wrote:Where are these New Japan rumors coming from?

On ROH's facebook and Twitter they asked which New Japan wrestlers do you want to see in ROH. That was after they had Forever Hooligans and Karl Anderson on consecutive PPV's. And they have been bragging for weeks saying that ROH is the only company working with both Pro Wrestling Noah and New Japan Pro Wrestling. And I know they ran 2 shows a couple years ago, in your home state if I'm not mistaken. And in all honesty I'm not sure where the rumors started about them wanting to run more in the states, but I have heard a few people mention it (could be wrong, you know how rumors go)... I'm sure its highly unlikely, but I would love to see some New Japan guys in PWG. Who knows what can happen, Liger and Muta have made PWG apperiances.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed May 01, 2013 4:48 pm

It would be great for NJPW guys to appear in PWG, I would love to see Devitt, Shelley, Anderson, and Liger back in PWG as well as guys like Tanahashi, Nakamura, Goto, Okada, Nakanishi, Makabe, Naito, Taichi, Yujiro, KUSHIDA, or Nagata in PWG but it probably costs good money to bring them and ROH is owned by a corporation now and PWG only had Liger and Muta thanks to WrestleReunion though I would like to see NOAH guys in PWG such as Ricky Marvin, Super Crazy, KENTA, Marufuji, Atsushi Kotoge, Ishimori, Daisuke Harada, or SUWA appearing especially since NOAH is in the financial shitter at this point and could probably be easier to be booked now.

Personally though, I would like to see PWG actually bring in somewhat smaller international feds, besides the usual Dragon Gate guys obviously, like possibly Big Japan (Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi, Shinobu, MEN's Teioh, Yuko Miyamoto, Masashi Takeda, Jun Kasai, or Yoshihito Sasaki), DDT (KUDO, HARASHIMA, MIKAMI, Makoto Oishi, Danshoku Dino, Antonio Honda, Dasiuke Sasaki, Isami Kodaka, or Kota Ibushi as well as Kenny Omega obviously), Kaientai Dojo (Kengo Mashimo, Madoka, or TAKA Michinoku), Michinoku Pro (Great Sasuke, Jinsei Shinzaki, Fujita "Jr." Hayato, Hercules Senga, Tsutomu Oosugi, or Kenbai), Zero1(Ikuto Hidaka, Masato Tanaka, Daichi Hashimoto, or Shinjiro Ohtani), Osaka Pro (Black Buffalo Kuishinbo Kamen, Tadasuke, Orochi, Quiet Storm, or Spider J), wXw in Germany (such as Zack Sabre Jr., Michael Dante, or Tommy End as mentioned previously), IWRG or DTU in Mexico (such as Trauma I, Trauma II, Comando Negro, Aeroboy, Violento Jack, or Golden Magic), and freelancers like Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kensuke Sasaki, Kikutaro, and Nosawa, depending costs from a flight from Japan to LA compared to flying out wrestlers living out east to LA or even the drive from Mexico to LA and probably the more noted wrestlers I suggest would be impossible though maybe some roughly lesser known guys would be interesting and allows them gaining some international experience though I guess to this would be perfect for a 3 night and 24 man BOLA again but say, just bring in at least a few guys from DDT, Dragon Gate, and Big Japan as well as the usual PWG guys.
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

eastbay510 wrote:

On ROH's facebook and Twitter they asked which New Japan wrestlers do you want to see in ROH. That was after they had Forever Hooligans and Karl Anderson on consecutive PPV's. And they have been bragging for weeks saying that ROH is the only company working with both Pro Wrestling Noah and New Japan Pro Wrestling. And I know they ran 2 shows a couple years ago, in your home state if I'm not mistaken. And in all honesty I'm not sure where the rumors started about them wanting to run more in the states, but I have heard a few people mention it (could be wrong, you know how rumors go)... I'm sure its highly unlikely, but I would love to see some New Japan guys in PWG. Who knows what can happen, Liger and Muta have made PWG apperiances.

The shows you're thinking of were in May a couple years back; Rahway NJ, NYC and then Philly. A very enjoyable string of shows.

As I don't bother with Facebook or Twitter (yet) I was totally blind to this. Thanks for letting me know.
Garden State Saint

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed May 01, 2013 7:06 pm

El Asian wrote:It would be great for NJPW guys to appear in PWG, I would love to see Devitt, Shelley, Anderson, and Liger back in PWG as well as guys like Tanahashi, Nakamura, Goto, Okada, Nakanishi, Makabe, Naito, Taichi, Yujiro, KUSHIDA, or Nagata in PWG but it probably costs good money to bring them and ROH is owned by a corporation now and PWG only had Liger and Muta thanks to WrestleReunion though I would like to see NOAH guys in PWG such as Ricky Marvin, Super Crazy, KENTA, Marufuji, Atsushi Kotoge, Ishimori, Daisuke Harada, or SUWA appearing especially since NOAH is in the financial shitter at this point and could probably be easier to be booked now.

Personally though, I would like to see PWG actually bring in somewhat smaller international feds, besides the usual Dragon Gate guys obviously, like possibly Big Japan (Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi, Shinobu, MEN's Teioh, Yuko Miyamoto, Masashi Takeda, Jun Kasai, or Yoshihito Sasaki), DDT (KUDO, HARASHIMA, MIKAMI, Makoto Oishi, Danshoku Dino, Antonio Honda, Dasiuke Sasaki, Isami Kodaka, or Kota Ibushi as well as Kenny Omega obviously), Kaientai Dojo (Kengo Mashimo, Madoka, or TAKA Michinoku), Michinoku Pro (Great Sasuke, Jinsei Shinzaki, Fujita "Jr." Hayato, Hercules Senga, Tsutomu Oosugi, or Kenbai), Zero1(Ikuto Hidaka, Masato Tanaka, Daichi Hashimoto, or Shinjiro Ohtani), Osaka Pro (Black Buffalo Kuishinbo Kamen, Tadasuke, Orochi, Quiet Storm, or Spider J), wXw in Germany (such as Zack Sabre Jr., Michael Dante, or Tommy End as mentioned previously), IWRG or DTU in Mexico (such as Trauma I, Trauma II, Comando Negro, Aeroboy, Violento Jack, or Golden Magic), and freelancers like Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kensuke Sasaki, Kikutaro, and Nosawa, depending costs from a flight from Japan to LA compared to flying out wrestlers living out east to LA or even the drive from Mexico to LA and probably the more noted wrestlers I suggest would be impossible though maybe some roughly lesser known guys would be interesting and allows them gaining some international experience though I guess to this would be perfect for a 3 night and 24 man BOLA again but say, just bring in at least a few guys from DDT, Dragon Gate, and Big Japan as well as the usual PWG guys.

I agree with all...Japanese indy's got some talent. Ikuto Hidaka and Shinjiro Otani would be awesome, I really want to see Tommy End as well
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:06 am

Garden State Saint wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

The shows you're thinking of were in May a couple years back; Rahway NJ, NYC and then Philly. A very enjoyable string of shows.

As I don't bother with Facebook or Twitter (yet) I was totally blind to this. Thanks for letting me know.

Yes sir, those are the shows I'm speaking of... and I forgot to mention this from wikipedia; "On August 26, Nakamura traveled to the United States to make his first successful defense of the IWGP Intercontinental Championship, defeating Oliver John at a Sacramento Wrestling Federation (SWF) event in Gridley, California." I know it costs a lot for internatonal talent, and I'm sure New Japan guys arn't cheap, but they have flown guys over here before (I'm assuming on their dollar, I doubt SWF paid for Nakamura's plane ticket). So even though its very unlikely its certanally not impossable.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm

Does anyone know what happened to Jerome "LTP" Robinson? Because, I was just thinking-he and Willie Mack would make a hell of team, I bet. 2 Tiny Black Guys, anyone?
pwggrodd

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Sat May 04, 2013 6:07 am

El Asian wrote:It would be great for NJPW guys to appear in PWG, I would love to see Devitt, Shelley, Anderson, and Liger back in PWG as well as guys like Tanahashi, Nakamura, Goto, Okada, Nakanishi, Makabe, Naito, Taichi, Yujiro, KUSHIDA, or Nagata in PWG but it probably costs good money to bring them and ROH is owned by a corporation now and PWG only had Liger and Muta thanks to WrestleReunion though I would like to see NOAH guys in PWG such as Ricky Marvin, Super Crazy, KENTA, Marufuji, Atsushi Kotoge, Ishimori, Daisuke Harada, or SUWA appearing especially since NOAH is in the financial shitter at this point and could probably be easier to be booked now.

Something tells me that SD and Excal aren't gonna do any of that - especially the 3 night BOLA. As much as I'd like to see Jun Kasai vs. Nick Jackson, I'm just gonna have to give up on that dream. :/

The Mexican guys would be kinda feasible, though.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby El Asian » Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 am

I absolutely agree with you there though in a more realistic sense, I would just hope for PWG fly out at least just Tozawa, Sekimoto, and Ibushi to represent DG, BJW, and DDT respectively for a BOLA
El Asian

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 am

anybody hear shaun ricker is WWE bound?? it's a shame he never got booked, he & brian cage were an awesome tag team.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby eastbay510 » Fri May 10, 2013 4:43 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:anybody hear shaun ricker is WWE bound?? it's a shame he never got booked, he & brian cage were an awesome tag team.

Agreed, also I'm thinking Sami and Del Sol's last PWG matches may be on June 15th.
eastbay510

Postby Garden State Saint » Fri May 10, 2013 5:36 am

eastbay510 wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:anybody hear shaun ricker is WWE bound?? it's a shame he never got booked, he & brian cage were an awesome tag team.

Agreed, also I'm thinking Sami and Del Sol's last PWG matches may be on June 15th.

If Sami's final indy appearance is on the east coast I will surely be at it.
Garden State Saint

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 10, 2013 5:53 am

moxley, sami, ricker all in the WWE, all they need now is pepper parks.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby El Generico Mark » Fri May 10, 2013 5:03 pm

id like to see the Fight'n Taylor Boys (Ryan & Brian Cage) vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano
El Generico Mark

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri May 10, 2013 11:35 pm

El Generico Mark wrote:id like to see the Fight'n Taylor Boys (Ryan & Brian Cage) vs. Chuck Taylor & Johnny Gargano

i'd be happy to see ryan taylor back too. i had hoped brian cage would've feuded with ryan & chuck when he broke off on his own.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby bennym6 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 am

When Sami/Cole got booked I knew it was booked because of him going to WWE. Bring your streamers folks, this may be the last of Sami we see on the indies.
bennym6

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Last night I went to ROH in the Pittsburgh area, Elgin and ACH stole the show, they had a fucking amazing match, I would love to see the rematch in PWG.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sun May 12, 2013 10:46 pm

bennym6 wrote:When Sami/Cole got booked I knew it was booked because of him going to WWE. Bring your streamers folks, this may be the last of Sami we see on the indies.

Yeah, from what I'm reading at the CZW show, it looks like Sami's on his way out but speaking of the CZW show, somebody suggested Andrew Everett and I didn't think much of it until I saw this

Unfortunately, the crowd there didn't seem to care but if done in a crowd in Reseda, the guy would be hugely over I think
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:34 pm

El Asian wrote:
bennym6 wrote:When Sami/Cole got booked I knew it was booked because of him going to WWE. Bring your streamers folks, this may be the last of Sami we see on the indies.

Yeah, from what I'm reading at the CZW show, it looks like Sami's on his way out but speaking of the CZW show, somebody suggested Andrew Everett and I didn't think much of it until I saw this

Unfortunately, the crowd there didn't seem to care but if done in a crowd in Reseda, the guy would be hugely over I think

He has a ton of potential, seems to have charisma, and looked really good at Best of the Best against AR Fox and Uhaa Nation. He did a lot of crazy moves but it's all really crisp... He is definatly one to watch.
eastbay510

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum