The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The "Wrestlers You Like to See Brought In/Back" Topic

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:37 pm

Id personally love to see Drew Gulak, Biff Busick, Tim Donst, Ethan Page, Silas Young and especially Cedric Alexander
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:48 pm

PWGnorthern wrote:Id personally love to see Drew Gulak, Biff Busick, Tim Donst, Ethan Page, Silas Young and especially Cedric Alexander

I was at AIW last weekend, I don't get Tim Donst's appeal at all. I get that he's "old school" and different because he's not all about "movez", but I just think he's lazy in the ring. I think he has a ton of potential, but I have thought that since 07.

I like all the other guys you mentioned. The reason Ethan Page and Josh Alexander don't take more booking in the US is because of their border issues. I love Busick, I think he's amazing, but the problem is I think he might blend in too much with Ciampa or Nese (I'm really not loving Nese by the way). I agree about Cedric, he is the black Roderick Strong, he is really underrated. And Gulak has to be considered one of the best in indy wrestling.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:58 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
PWGnorthern wrote:Id personally love to see Drew Gulak, Biff Busick, Tim Donst, Ethan Page, Silas Young and especially Cedric Alexander

I was at AIW last weekend, I don't get Tim Donst's appeal at all. I get that he's "old school" and different because he's not all about "movez", but I just think he's lazy in the ring. I think he has a ton of potential, but I have thought that since 07.

I like all the other guys you mentioned. The reason Ethan Page and Josh Alexander don't take more booking in the US is because of their border issues. I love Busick, I think he's amazing, but the problem is I think he might blend in too much with Ciampa or Nese (I'm really not loving Nese by the way). I agree about Cedric, he is the black Roderick Strong, he is really underrated. And Gulak has to be considered one of the best in indy wrestling.

That's fair on Donst, I haven't seen much of anything but he has a little bit of hype now since Chikara has cut ties with him. Yah border issues are confusing, its just wrestling, let them go to a show for a weekend, Steen has no problem being the Canadian he is, but oh well. My top two guys to see would definitely be Busick and Cedric. I'd like to see a Trent vs. Nese match, they had a really good one in Evolve a couple months back
PWGnorthern

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:47 pm

Trent? being in Best Friends unfortunately takes away opportunities for singles matches that could be pretty good. I think it's too bad that the ASW X re-shuffling took away an Elgin/Trent? match. That might've been something.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:48 pm

Ethan Page, Josh Alexander, and Seleziya Sparx were headed to an ROH show and got turned around at the border. Now they are on a watch list, which means there is a bigger chance of them getting turned around, same thing that happened with the Super Smash Bros. Booking them is pretty risky. I believe Steen and Elgin have work visas, and O'Reilly lives in St. Louis.

My top guy to bring in is Gulak by far, JT Dunn would be awesome also. The problem right now is there is so much great talent on the indys that if they were all in PWG the roster would be gigantic. Gulak, JT Dunn, David Starr, Chris Dickinson, Biff Busick, Shane Hollister, Cedric Alexander, John Silver, Uhaa Nation, Josh Alexander, Ethan Page, and Green Ant are all good enough to be in PWG... and guys like Matt Taven, Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee, Shane Strickland, Jaka, Matt Cage, and Danny Cannon are all a year or two from getting to that level.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Yeah I fully expect Trent and Chuck to become the newest tag champs, so Trent singles matches are probably unlikely in 2014 for now. I agree with all those names, the fans want to see all this influx of newer talent but PWG is so tough to break into, its tough to cut guys out from the show and keep local guys to keep costs down.
PWGnorthern

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:14 pm

I know Super Dragon dosen't like to fly in females, and I don't blame him, I am not a big fan myself. But the one woman I would love to see is Lufiso, I saw her wrestle for the first time reciently against Athena, she really blew me away. She is basicly the female Kevin Steen, and she is the one female that I buy as able to beat the shit out of any male in a legit fight.
eastbay510

Postby OSKMIA » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:22 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I know Super Dragon dosen't like to fly in females, and I don't blame him, I am not a big fan myself. But the one woman I would love to see is Lufiso, I saw her wrestle for the first time reciently against Athena, she really blew me away. She is basicly the female Kevin Steen, and she is the one female that I buy as able to beat the shit out of any male in a legit fight.

Lufisto wrestled in PWG against LeRae back in 2008 if I'm not mistaken...
OSKMIA

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:30 pm

Yeah, 1.21 Gigawatts had a Lufisto vs. Candice match on second, then main evented with Candice and Hero against Human Tornado and Lufisto in a street fight match.
pwggrodd

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:17 am

So, after the show this past Friday... Really impressed with debuts of Everett, Lee & the return of Alexander.
However, again, I'm still not sold on CIAMPA.. Really not seeing what the big deal is... I'm telling you, the guy is just re-hashing Kevin Steen and Drake Younger. I'm aware that we may be losing Steen and Drake's a lock already, but why fill the gap with
another crazed killer gimmick (considering we have had many over the years) when someone else with a different gimmick could have an opportunity at PWG?
The_Sharpshooter

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:13 am

Since Lee, Everett and Alexander were brought in, I wouldn't mind seeing another CWF Mid-Atlantic/Premiere Wrestling Experience guy coming in-Kyle Matthews. I've been impressed with his work the times I've seen him, and I think he'd be a good fit.
pwggrodd

Postby PWGnorthern » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:17 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Since Lee, Everett and Alexander were brought in, I wouldn't mind seeing another CWF Mid-Atlantic/Premiere Wrestling Experience guy coming in-Kyle Matthews. I've been impressed with his work the times I've seen him, and I think he'd be a good fit.

Another guy from that area that I like, along with Kyle Mathews, is Corey Hollis...just bring a plane full of those southern guys ha, and JT Dunn!
PWGnorthern

Postby El Asian » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:30 pm

eastbay510 wrote:I know Super Dragon dosen't like to fly in females, and I don't blame him, I am not a big fan myself. But the one woman I would love to see is Lufiso, I saw her wrestle for the first time reciently against Athena, she really blew me away. She is basicly the female Kevin Steen, and she is the one female that I buy as able to beat the shit out of any male in a legit fight.

I agree but I think the only way PWG will book women wrestlers is they are flown in on their own accord and are in town when PWG runs a show, probably like MsChif or Veda Scott as they fly out to California, with MsChif she would probably travel with Michael Elgin as well. Though I still hope for PWG could bring in Cheerleader Melissa and Christina Von Eerie since they lives in Northern California, so it wouldn't require flying themout.

And I will agree bringing in guys like Kyle Matthews, JT Dunn, David Starr, Hooligans, Drew Gulak, Timothy Thatcher, Chris Dickinson, Alex Reynolds, Shane Strickland, Biff Busick, Jaka, The Batiri, and Uhaa Nation somewhere down the line. While hopefully whatever issues Ethan Page and Josh Alexander as well as Super Smash Brothers can get worked out so they can show up.

As for Tim Donst, its those situation that he has getting and ditching being restricted from Chikara, kinda reason why I don't expect PWG to bring in Green Ant at this point, but Donst has been really showing improvement and really making a name of himself over on AIW, which is why I feel Donst should be brought in the future. Also, I know people have been against this but I still defend this but I still think PWG could bring guys like Matt Tremont and Danny Havoc, for the type of hardcore types and doing dumb bumps with Drake Younger leaving soon plus I feel those 2 are generally the best deathmatch guys in US indies right though that isn't saying much.

I also would like to see a few international talent being brought in from DTU in Mexico since PWG had some sort of relationship there not too long ago, Big Japan, and of course Dragon Gate whenever they resolve whatever issues they got with Dragon Gate USA plus some in wXw and whatever UK talent as well. But for local talent, which we haven't really talked about much besides since Adam Thornstowe, Johnny Saovi and Jacob Diez seem like guys that are really rising these days and I seem like the only person at this point to see PWG bring back Chris Kadillak, Famous B, Los Luchas, and Lil' Cholo as well.

Finally, both Chris Daniels and Frankie Kazarian's contract with TNA are ending soon and with TNA cutting costs from talent and the fact both Daniels and Kazarian, also known as Bad Influence together for those that don't follow TNA, missed the latest TNA tapings and are scheduled to work Wrestlecon I believe, I think when their contracts officially end, I think it be great for them to come back as well and really taking on any team that PWG can bring in plus not to mention Kazarian is the 1st ever PWG champion, so that counts for something as well.
El Asian

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:41 pm

I'd be cool with Daniels and Kazarian, definitely! You're not the only person who would like to see Famous B and Chris Kadillak back, because I do too. I'd also suggest bringing Brandon Gatson back.
pwggrodd

Postby luca brasi » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:57 pm

Gatson is done I believe. At least, indefinitely. Last year at AWS he wrestled a match against Lil Cholo and indicated injuries had taken their toll and that was most likely the last we would see of him in the ring.
luca brasi

Postby CreedP » Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:35 pm

BTW, Cheerleader Melissa was actually at ASW10, I just didn't recognize her (by name) until seeing her on the Joey & Candace show a couple days later. So it's safe to say she can make it down, just a question of whether they'd want to book a non-Candace female wrestler. :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:22 am

Damn, I didn't know Gatson had retired. Thought he was still toiling around the SoCal scene.
pwggrodd

Postby PWGnorthern » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:53 am

Couldn't be more excited about Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett and Cedric Alexander (save for WrestleReunion) all made their official Reseda PWG debuts, lots of great fresh matches to come from them...id still love to see some Silas Young, Drew Gulak and Biff Busick be the next guys. Ethan Page too when border stuff gets solved, including SSB return
PWGnorthern

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 pm

I saw that DGUSA isn't going to be able to have any Dragon Gate Japan guys on the shows on April 4-5, so he announced that Bad Influence and Low Ki will be there. I know this is a total pipe dream, but if Ki's attitude ever changed, I'd like to see him back in PWG-if only to get the Hero/Ki rematch from BOLA 2008 that never happened.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:54 pm

That would be nice to see Ki back in PWG for a few shows but personally, I would like to see Ki face Cole, O'Reilly, or Elgin as well.

Anyways, while there are issues getting Super Smash Brothers, Page, and Alexander booked with their VISA issues, how about bringing back 3.0 instead? They are doing a ton of US indies with no VISA issues so far, I would like to see them, Jay Lethal, and Colt Cabana in PWG again, maybe even over bringing Ki back but that is just me.
El Asian

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum