Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 pm

East Ayrshire, CA - As Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com) moves further into 2011, it has become abundantly clear that we are in a serious need of a large financial influx if we have any hope of maintaining the lavish state of our offices. Gold Segway Personal Transport Systems (or "scooters," to the unwashed masses) are wonderful for zipping around to-and-fro, but the gold dents like you wouldn't believe. Especially during the weekly Segway polo matches at the warehouse. And no one quite realized just how difficult it would be to keep a quarter-operated gumball machine filled with Beluga caviar. Getting the caviar in isn't the problem, but installing an efficient refrigeration system in a century old antique is no small task.

It is because of these monetary setbacks that we are hoping to entice one of, nay, THE most charismatic former star of a truly unwatchable, yet somehow highly rated, network television comedy to our team of investors. Sure, spending $30,000 on a prostitute may lift your spirits for a single night, but imagine how much enjoyment could be derived from installing a pneumatic tube system in our office? Yes, we could easily send documents around at high speeds, but we could also stick sandwiches in there! Imagine that! All we would need to do would be to think of a sandwich, and then THWOOMP!, a cylinder with lunch in it would arrive! Thirsty for a Diet Coke? THWOOMP!

We feel that the pneumatic tube idea, along with naming our next event WINNING, is more than enough to convince any potential investor to come on board. So while we wait in the mailroom for the checks to come in, why don't you guys entertain yourselves with the lineup for WINNING, taking place on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. WINNING is scheduled to feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Joey Ryan (Challenger)

-- The weekend that Claudio Castagnoli returned to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in 2010 also happened to be one of the greatest weekends in the career of Joey Ryan. While Claudio was busy reminding fans of what they had missed during his absence, Joey Ryan was superkicking his way through the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles. In the Semi-Final round, Joey and Claudio's paths crossed, and it was there that Claudio's return was stopped short, as he was defeated by Joey Ryan. Joey would go on to win the tournament, but a month later, Claudio Castagnoli would go on to defeat Joey for the vacant Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship title. Not a bad tradeoff for Claudio.

However, that was the start of a waking… nightmare is too strong of a word. Annoyance, perhaps? The start of a waking annoyance for Claudio Castagnoli. After winning the title at The Curse of Guerrilla Island, Claudio began to receive crank phone calls at all hours of the night, unwanted pizzas delivered to his home, and strongly worded letters stuffed into his gym bag. While there is no direct evidence linking Joey Ryan to these infantile pranks, Joey was overheard bragging to the locker room at DDT4 that he is the psychological chessmaster of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. When Claudio caught wind of this, he remarked "Joey? Chess? More like Candy Land."

While the games outside of the ring are meant to annoy Claudio, Joey's actions inside the ring are meant to intimidate the World Champion. Dubbing himself the "Hollywood Submission Machine," Joey Ryan has racked up victories over Brandon Gatson, "Supernatural" Shane Helms, and Candice LeRae in recent months using his bodylock kimura submission hold. Though he did not use the hold to defeat Claudio at the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles, Joey's ability to break down his opponents and effectively apply the submission maneuver must give the World Champion some cause for concern.

Will Joey Ryan's campaign of psychological warfare pay off and return the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship to his possession, or will Claudio Castagnoli prove that his loss to Joey at the 2010 Battle of Los Angeles was an aberration, and that the Most Money Making Man in Professional Wrestling is also the Most WINNING?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Match
El Generico & Ricochet (for Paul London - Champions) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Challengers)

-- When Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks, emerged as the overall winners at last Friday's DDT4 tournament, it seemed like history was repeating itself. After all, it was just under two years ago that The Young Bucks won the tournament for the first time, defending their World Tag Team Championship titles three times in the process. And it was just under a year ago that brought the titles to another DDT4 tournament, defending them twice in one night before ultimately being defeated by current champions El Generico and Paul London, ¡Peligro Abejas!

Now, as the only team to ever win DDT4 twice, The Young Bucks are prepared to cement their position at the top of the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla tag team rankings for good when they challenge for the World Tag Team Championship at WINNING on April 9.

While The Young Bucks are prepared for many things, a ruling by the Intergalactic Council of Planets certainly was not one of them. Delegates from all corners of the galaxy convened at the behest of Earth's representative, "Intrepid Traveler" Paul London. It seems that Representative London has been called away on space business for the Earth month of April, and wished to elect a suitable replacement for himself to defend the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship alongside El Generico. By an overwhelming 879-2 margin, the Intergalactic Council of Planets voted that Ricochet should replace Paul London at WINNING. The two votes against were from Querl Dox, of Colu, who predicted a catastrophic event for Earth were London not to team with El Generico, and Dejah Thoris, of Mars, who wished for a Barsoomian wrestler to take London's place.

Therefore, based on the precedent set at All Star Weekend 7 - Night Two, and the ruling by the Intergalactic Council of Planets (which supersedes the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors' authority), on Earthdate April 9, 2011, The Young Bucks, Matt and Nick Jackson, will challenge El Generico and Ricochet for the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship titles.

Singles Match
Low Ki vs. Roderick Strong

-- Making his long-awaited return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla at Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning, Low Ki defeated the only other man currently in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to have vacated the World Championship title and not receive a rematch, Davey Richards. With that victory over Richards, Low Ki finds himself back in the World Championship title picture, along with perennial contender Roderick Strong. Though Roderick has been near the top of the Championship mountain before, he has never been able to take that final step and secure the title. A victory at WINNING on April 9 will elevate the winner closer to the top of the rankings. Also, the Board of Directors is fairly confident that this match will be just as hard hitting and entertaining as their 2008 Battle of Los Angeles encounter, so why not have these guys brutalize each other again?

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa

-- At Kurt Russellreunion 2: The Reunioning, "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen announced his plans to compete in 2011's DDT4 in a most dramatic way: by attempting to paralyze Johnny Goodtime and Johnny Yuma after they had just won a berth in that very tournament. Unfortunately for Steen (but fortunately for the RockNES Monsters), he was unsuccessful in both winning the tournament and paralyzing Goodtime and Yuma. Though they are usually quite reserved, the RockNES Monsters were quite perturbed at their treatment at the hands of Steen, and were hoping to gain some measure of revenge during DDT4. Again, it was just not meant to be, as the teams did not meet in the tournament. But at WINNING on April 9, a fresh and fiery Johnny Goodtime and Yuma will take on the men that reached the finals of the 2011 DDT4, but ultimately came up short: Kevin Steen and Akira Tozawa.

Singles Match
Willie Mack vs. Brian Cage-Taylor

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Ryan Taylor

Singles Match
Candice LeRae vs. Portia Perez

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's WINNING takes place Saturday, April 9, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30, and General Admission tickets are $25. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on April 5, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Postby Hawkeye » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:27 am

PORTIA!!!!
Hawkeye

Postby Meltman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:01 am

Low Ki vs. Roderick Strong!

Ricochet vs. The Bucks!

RockNES Monsters vs. Steen/Tozawa!

Portia Perez!

WINNING!
Meltman

Postby bat4life » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 am

Wow looks like a great card, ive never seen Portia Perez before, but heard alot of good things about her on other forums. Im kinda dissapointed that Paul London wont be there. Kinda defeats the purpose on definding the tittles when Ricochet isn't really part of the tag team champions. To me this means the Young bucks are going to be the next tag champions. No Chris Hero, but I can't wait to see Low ki again!
bat4life

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 am

for those wondering, Querl Dox is Brainiac 5 of the Legion of Super Heroes while Dejah Thoris is from John Carter of Mars

anyways I hope this won't be the last we see Paul London in PWG, really would be a shame if he's leaving PWG and Portia Perez, that's someone I never expect to see working a PWG show
El Asian

Postby OSKMIA » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:00 am

PWG_Silverback wrote:Singles Match
Candice LeRae vs. Portia Perez

I just died and went to heaven!!! Portia "Frickin" Perez in PWG!

Sucks that that London will be missing this show but his replacement is :shock:
OSKMIA

Postby Meltman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:52 am

BTW where are The Cutlers?
Meltman

Postby camstun187 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

^Yeah, i just noticed that...strange, you think PWG's trying to faze them out? Them getting shafted at DDT4 gives me that impression...
camstun187

Postby camstun187 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:12 am

Actually...I just realized what this probably is leading towards...

Cutlers are gonna be gone for a while, and the Bucks are gonna win the titles, so have them have a kickass little 5-6 month reign and push BOLA back to November again, have the Bucks lose a 3-way opening round match on night 1 and then have the Cutlers come out and just demolish them, and BAM, have that Guerrilla Warfare match they were gonna both have on Night 2. Bam, Cutlers win the titles in a kickass match and then they'll have the chance to carry the titles for a bit. Maybe even lose em at DDT4...
camstun187

Postby Whoblehwah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm

PORTIA PEREZ!?!?!?!?

*marks out*

Oh and yeah the rest of the card looks good too.
Whoblehwah

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:57 pm

OMG Portia Perez! About to purchase my tickets asap!
Souf Centrol

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 pm

F'k yeah!!
One half of the 'Canadian NINJAS'?!?!?... Awesome.

Low Ki/Strong is going to be great.
Im a little upset to hear London will not be their to defend his title. Glad to see Ricochet, though. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:45 pm

Everything else looks great but I'm really disappointed London is going to the there. It's not the Danger Bees without him with Generico. I really hope they retain and defend against Steen/ Tozawa at the next one. Or even have the Cutlers pick up the gold finally.

Plus I'm still not a Ricochet fan...... -_- Twice I've seen him, and twice I have rather text on my phone. He's just not doing it for me. It's like Gatson, to me they are over hyped.

Portia Perez however I am excited to see!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Meltman » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:58 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Plus I'm still not a Ricochet fan...... -_- Twice I've seen him, and twice I have rather text on my phone. He's just not doing it for me. It's like Gatson, to me they are over hyped.

That's a bad comparison. Gatson literally has 2 or 3 visually impressive moves. Ricochet is nothing BUT visually impressive moves. Ricochet IS overhyped but he's as good as an overhyped wrestler can be.

Plus he's heel in DGUSA so this time he'll show a ton of personality in this tag match, on top of all the moves. Ricochet rules.
Meltman

Postby RobGrayson » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Portia Perez in PWG? That is awesome news
RobGrayson

Postby Detroitboi » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 pm

Portia Perez and Low Ki?????? HELL YEAH! I'm already there.
Detroitboi

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Meltman wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:Plus I'm still not a Ricochet fan...... -_- Twice I've seen him, and twice I have rather text on my phone. He's just not doing it for me. It's like Gatson, to me they are over hyped.

That's a bad comparison. Gatson literally has 2 or 3 visually impressive moves. Ricochet is nothing BUT visually impressive moves. Ricochet IS overhyped but he's as good as an overhyped wrestler can be.

Plus he's heel in DGUSA so this time he'll show a ton of personality in this tag match, on top of all the moves. Ricochet rules.

His match with Generico at Curse of Guerrilla Island was F'kn awesome!!..
Remember when certain peeps starting chanting "Rico-chet O-chet O-chet O-chet..oooo-chet, ooooo-chett!"?...
Generico had look on his face like he was pissed..LoL!!!

And his match against Claudio on Night 1 of BOLA was pretty good too.
BOLA nights 1,2 & Curse of Guerrilla Island have been my only times seeing him, but he made me a "fan."
The dude is "FUN" to watch. :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:42 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:
Meltman wrote:That's a bad comparison. Gatson literally has 2 or 3 visually impressive moves. Ricochet is nothing BUT visually impressive moves. Ricochet IS overhyped but he's as good as an overhyped wrestler can be.

His match with Generico at Curse of Guerrilla Island was F'kn awesome!!..
Remember when certain peeps starting chanting "Rico-chet O-chet O-chet O-chet..oooo-chet, ooooo-chett!"?...
Generico had look on his face like he was pissed..LoL!!!

And his match against Claudio on Night 1 of BOLA was pretty good too.
BOLA nights 1,2 & Curse of Guerrilla Island have been my only times seeing him, but he made me a "fan."
The dude is "FUN" to watch. :mrgreen:

I was one of those peeps lol I wanted Generico to get pissed....I think it worked
Souf Centrol

Postby fatallylost » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:10 pm

The funny thing is, I got that weekend off.. but, I have to hold off on getting my ticket just yet. I might be transferring up to Washington.

If not, you know my ass will be there, as it should be!

It's definitely weird about London. I mean, he's working the IWL shows, but not PWG? Both IWL shows are the Friday before the PWG ones. Strange, no?
fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:59 am

Meltman wrote:

He really just doesn't do it for me. Both times I've seen him he's basically not done anything for me. His moves don't do it for me. I would have rather had PAC come out if you want to go for Visually impressive moves. Same goes for Jack Evans and Teddy Hart. More people I would have rather seen than him.

Plus it should be The Danger Bees defending, it's the one problem I have with it. Aside from that the rest looks fine. You just won't see me behind him much.
DjEn3rgy21

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum