Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Postby onlxn » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:02 am

Sounds like a fun one. Was anything said about the next show?
onlxn

Postby The Franchise13 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:56 pm

I was caught of guard by the way the matches were changed. Strong/Ki could of still happened. When Strong's music play when Willie was in the ring, you can hear the crowd "what" and "ohh". The Strong/Willie match was great, but definitely threw me off because it was not what I was expecting in the beginning of the day. I think Goodtime should of face Tozawa and Ryan Taylor should of face Willie Mack. Or Willie/Tozawa and Goodtime/Taylor.

The show was amazing though. PWG never disappoints.
The Franchise13

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Hawkeye wrote:Ok.

So Steen and Brian Cage didn't make it... Why not have Willie Mack team with Tozawa so could have had the Ki/Strong match up and then add a couple of smaller Indy guys from the area to a singles match for the opener? I dont get why over half the card had to be redone for 2 people missing the show

I liked the card change except I didn't get to see ROCKnes together. Low ki vs Tozawa was a good change and great match. willie mack vs strong was the match of the night
Souf Centrol

Postby drop19 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:07 pm

I loved the changes and it was cool that they didn't announce what was ahead. When Roddy's music hit it was a real "oh shit" moment. Mack/Cage-Taylor would've been fun, but the match we got was a tremendous war. Hope to see big things from Mack following up on this.

My favorite match was Claudio/Joey. PWG has done a tremendous job playing up Joey as a submission monster over the past several months. That added a ton to this match when he just couldn't hang with Claudio. Great work by both men here.

Brought some first timers to this show (try to do so as much as possible) and they were completely hooked. The car ride home was filled with questions about the wrestlers and past shows. Thanks a ton to PWG for continuing to put on amazing shows each and every time.
drop19

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:

So Steen and Brian Cage didn't make it... Why not have Willie Mack team with Tozawa so could have had the Ki/Strong match up and then add a couple of smaller Indy guys from the area to a singles match for the opener? I dont get why over half the card had to be redone for 2 people missing the show

I liked the card change except I didn't get to see ROCKnes together. Low ki vs Tozawa was a good change and great match. willie mack vs strong was the match of the night

Ill give you that. But, lots of people were expecting Strong/Ki. Mack/Strong might have gotten over with the live crowd, but those of us who are DVD only people are upset. I've seen it in several places already.
Hawkeye

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:13 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:

Ill give you that. But, lots of people were expecting Strong/Ki. Mack/Strong might have gotten over with the live crowd, but those of us who are DVD only people are upset. I've seen it in several places already.

You'll stop crying once you put in the DVD and watch Ki/Tozawa.
Meltman

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Meltman wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:
Souf Centrol wrote:

You'll stop crying once you put in the DVD and watch Ki/Tozawa.

Oh yeah, I'm sitting here in tears because I didn't get the match that I wanted. Very realistic.

There was no good reason to completely abandon the advertised card because 2 people didn't show.
Hawkeye

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:53 pm

I would think DVD buyers would be a lot more excited for this show after the changes. Strong/Mack and Ki/Tozawa are very exciting sounding first time ever matches (and perhaps the only chance we will get to ever see Low-Ki Vs Tozawa). While if someone really wanted to see Strong vs Ki they could just order this: http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com/me ... d0095.html or that IWA:MS show that had it.
TigerDriver98

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Big difference between Ki/Strong then and Ki/Strong now.
Hawkeye

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:51 pm

I'm sure PWG (or some other promotion) will get around to that match again. The Ki vs. Hero rematch is the one they really should be doing though.
TigerDriver98

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:40 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:I'm sure PWG (or some other promotion) will get around to that match again. The Ki vs. Hero rematch is the one they really should be doing though.

Ki/Hero needs to happen sooner than later.
Hawkeye

Postby Facetious » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:11 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:I'm sure PWG (or some other promotion) will get around to that match again. The Ki vs. Hero rematch is the one they really should be doing though.

I think at the Anniversary show would be a great time for that match.
Facetious

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Facetious wrote:

while that match would be great for the Anniversary show, I want to see Claudio defend the PWG title against Ki for the Anniversary instead
El Asian

Postby eldink » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:46 pm

they should invite vampiro in for a match so we can all agree about something......
eldink

Postby ajday » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:41 am

eldink wrote:they should invite vampiro in for a match so we can all agree about something......

Oh Christ.
I'm hoping I'm not reading this wrong and this was filled with sarcasm in hopes that we can all agree on hating Juggalos.
If I'm right, awesome. If I'm wrong, it's because it's nearly 2 a.m. and I don't want to look back on why people want Vampiro again.
ajday

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 am

Facetious wrote:

That would be awesome.
Although, I think Hero/Ki will be a #1 Contender's Match for Claudio at the Anniversary Show.
Imma go with that scenario I heard earlier this year with Chris Hero battling Claduio for the belt in July.
The_Sharpshooter

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum