Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Full lineup for WINNING in Reseda on Saturday, April 9!

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:10 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
Fsportsentertainment wrote:
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK wrote:Anyone have any news on whether Ricochet will be making the show or nor? If he can't make WINNING, who would you guys wanna see take his place?

Here's a thought... Malachi. What do you guys think?

Malachi is cool with me although I think he is done wrestling. He just got married or is about to so I don't know where his head it at. Last time I was telling him we missed him at pwg and he said he's enjoying life so.....

Who said Ricochet won't be there? Where did this rumor/info come from

Its speculation at this point. He was injured at the DGUSA events this past weekend.

Malachi should come back for the one match though. Imagine the heat the bucks would have if they took their own brother out of wrestling (in story). I heard he was done, but I can fantasy book, cant I? lol
Fsportsentertainment

Postby fatallylost » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah, from what I hear from Mal it seems he's done, if not maybe just a random show. He's moved on it seems.

As for Ricochet he was hurt on the DGUSA show, and taken off the card for the next night just to be sure. Haven't heard anything since though.
fatallylost

Postby Facetious » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Generico said this on Twitter.

The tradicion of me finding a new partner to beat @GenMeMax & @GenMeJer continue Saturday! Me & Ricochet vs GenME #PWG - EG WEB TRANSLATE

http://twitter.com/#!/ElGenerico/status ... 9090281473

Sounds like the match is still on!
Facetious

Postby Fsportsentertainment » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Glad it is. Finally come to terms with and liking ricochet being the replacement then he gets injured. This match is going to be, to steal a quote, bat shit insane!
Fsportsentertainment

Postby Souf Centrol » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:06 pm

Fsportsentertainment wrote:Malachi should come back for the one match though. Imagine the heat the bucks would have if they took their own brother out of wrestling (in story). I heard he was done, but I can fantasy book, cant I? lol

I would love for malachi to come back against his brothers. Shit they should have been tried to push him themselves

I say if Richocet can't be here saturday contact Malachi, beard and all
Souf Centrol

Postby The Generic Luchador » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:04 am

Generico and Ricochet vs. The Bucks is still going to happen? Oh yeah!

I'm also looking forward to Ki-Strong more than anything( Maybe Claudio vs. Ryan but i'm not a fan of Joey that much.)
The Generic Luchador

Postby El Asian » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:05 pm

no offense to Malachi but he's not exactly a guy that would get a warm reception from the PWG crowd to replace someone like Ricochet
El Asian

Postby CP Munk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:59 am

Finally the 9th!and its a perfect day out!is it 2 late to change the name of the show to TOPLESS ?I hear that's the new WINNING.all the people from la puente should meet me up to spark one!
CP Munk

Postby LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:24 pm

I'm showing up a bit early. I'll be dude in Giants jersey with the tattoos. I'm down to "chill" in parking lot across street. From La Puente or not.
LUCKYDRUNKSTONERPUNK

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:10 pm

CP Munk wrote:Finally the 9th!and its a perfect day out!is it 2 late to change the name of the show to TOPLESS ?I hear that's the new WINNING.all the people from la puente should meet me up to spark one!

T-O-P-L-E-S-S. You'll do it when you get up here.
fatallylost

Postby CP Munk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:46 pm

New tag team champs!!!!!
CP Munk

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:54 am

Surprised no one has posted the results yet...

1. Johnny Yuma over Peter Avalon
2. Candice LeRae over Portia Perez
3. Roderick Strong over Willie Mack
4. Low-Ki over Akira Tozawa
5. Johnny Goodtime over Ryan Taylor
6. Claudio Castagnoli over Joey Ryan to retain the PWG World Title
7. The Young Bucks over El Generico and Ricochet to win the PWG World Tag Team Titles

Hopefully we get some more details soon, it sounds like it was a great show on paper.
TigerDriver98

Postby The Generic Luchador » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:57 am

Low-Ki vs. Akira Tozawa sounds like a really fun match to watch, cant wait to see it on DVD.
The Generic Luchador

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 am

Excalibur explained to the crowd that due to a family emergency concerning his son, Kevin Steen would not be wrestling. I think it's worth noting that Excalibur mentioned that Steen had informed him that he was willing to make the show but that PWG officials made the call that Steen should stay with his family. Excalibur informed everyone that tonight's show would now be called "Card Subject to Change 3."

1. Johnny Yuma defeated Peter Avalon. A solid opening match with some good comedy spots that are par for the course for PWG shows. For two particularly smaller wrestlers they made up for their lack size and muscle with some crowd pleasing comedy that included Yuma using his ass as a weapon on several occasions, and some hard hitting moves. It was especially funny when the two smaller competitors engaged in a test of strength and facetiously flexed for a pose-down.

2. Candice LeRae defeated Portia Perez. The crowd was happy to see LeRae and initially were tough on Perez. It was an entertaining women's match with had athleticism that most WWE women's matches lack sorely. There was a cool spot where both women kept countering each other's pin attempts with roll ups that went around the whole that resulted in a constant trade of one counts between the two. LeRae won with an anti-climatic pin. After the match Perez was met with chants of "please come back."

3. Roderick Strong defeated Willie Mack. Wow, this match really stole the show. The crowd was into both competitors and while they were responsive and respectful to Strong, Mack was the the crowd favorite tonight. This math was full of devastating forearms and a bevy of awesome spots. I had seen Mack perform once before at an XPW reunion show over just about a year ago and was highly entertained by his comedy alone that day.

Tonight Mack and Strong started lightly with some comedy that crescendoed into high impact quality match. Highlights included the aforementioned forearms in an intense exchange, an awesome flying knee from Strong and Strong delivering a pseudo sidewalk slam onto the ring post and ropes to Mack while standing on the top rope. Strong won with a brutal foot to Mack's face. After the match the Strong and Mack shook hands. I am definitely sold on Mack. Reminds me of Samoa Joe in the sense that he is a big guy with some awe-inspiring athletic ability. PWG would be wise to put Mack and Colt Cabana in a meaningful big match or program.

4. Low Ki defeated Akira Tozawa. This was the last match before intermission. Low Ki came out wearing different gear than what he wore in WWE, sporting trunks and what looked like some sort of support bandage on one arm. After the first flurry of exchanges between the two Low Ki took the mic to let the crowd know they would "never see that kind of action in the WWE."

There was some of the cool kung fu-esque action Low Ki is known for that was only complimented by the kind of talent a Dragon Gate caliber competitor like Tozawa possesses. The match ended with Low Ki going off the top rope only to meet Tozawa's chest with a stomp. An entertaining dynamic match with a nice build and convincing action.

5. Johnny Goodtime defeated Ryan Taylor. Two wins for the RockNes Monsters tonight as Goodtime picked up a win over Taylor. Maybe it is just me, but Taylor looks like he has a gotten a bit bigger a far as muscles are concerned. Nothing unnatural or anything, but he definitely looked more legit tonight than the last time I saw him. Also his repertoire of moves seemed to place a stronger emphasis on submissions than I remember from seeing him before. This was a good match that got the crowd back into the show after intermission.

6. Claudio Castagnoli defeated Joey Ryan to retain the PWG World Heavyweight Title. Awesome match that the crowd ate up. Castagnoli kept emphasizing "sportsmanship" as he and Ryan displayed some comedic technical wrestling. It's pretty amazing watching Castagnoli do some of the moves he can do including an awesome super kick, some dizzying mat-work, and some big spots. Joey Ryan has a special place in any PWG fan's heart so it was a treat to see these two work. Ryan submitted after a sequence of moves that boiled to down to Castagnoli's Neutralizer. The guy seems ready for the big time. His timing, athleticism, and looks scream "superstar" to me.

7. Generation Me defeated El Generico and Ricochet to win the PWG World Tag Team Titles. Gen Me came out to their usual PWG theme of Hanson's "MMMbop" that always gets the crowd going in a way that no self-respecting adult smart pro wrestling should be proud of. Hey, it's a catchy song alright?! Anyways, Generico came out to chants and sing-a-longs of "Ole," while Ricochet got similar "Ochet" chants. it was insinuated that Ricochet was now tag team champions with Generico after taking Paul London's place. It was never explained why London wasn't there to defend his title with Generico.

While they were initially introduced as "The Young Bucks," the team let ring announcer Jon Ian know that from now on they are Jeremy and Max Buck of Generation Me from TNA, funny stuff. It was interesting that Gen Me referred to their TNA break up saying "not even TNA can break up the greatest tag team in the world." If Strong and Mack did not take the cake for match of the night these two teams did. This was a highly athletic fast paced match that saw all the wrestlers hit their signature individual spots as well as team spots.

Ricochet is a truly a sight to behold and his look has only improved since the last time I have seen him. He is capable of some of the action being pulled off by wrestlers like Evan Bourne and Sin Cara. Gen Me won with a tandem tag team move with Max Buck hitting a Pittsburgh Plunge followed by a top rope moonsault from Jeremy onto Ricochet. The team closed out the show proclaiming they were taking the titles with them to Orlando.
Meltman

Postby Facetious » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:55 am

Strong vs Mack and Low Ki vs Tozawa sound awesome.
Facetious

Postby El Asian » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:17 am

Meltman, you actually went to the show? I think that is the biggest news surrounding the show :P

I kid though but anyways, might as well post this but Steen posted an apology about missing the show

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/9oqghe
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:24 am

Copy & paste. I stayed home and masturbated to pending results.
Meltman

Postby workedshoot » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:08 am

This was a great show coming off of heels of DDT4.

Willie Mack vs Strong was definitely the match of the night. He proved to everybody that he's ready to have more matches with main event caliber wrestlers. Hopefully PWG will push Mack the same way they did with Gatson. And aside from the tag team title match acrobatics, the move of the night had to be roddy giving Mack a backbreaker from the second rope onto the turnbuckle. Crazy shit.

Low Ki vs Tozawa was good in it's own right with the high impact attacks from both of them especially the deadlift backdrop driver by Tozawa. It didn't have the overall wow factor of Tozawa's previous matches with Hero and Steen, but very good nonetheless.

Claudio vs Joey was a fun one to watch. Surprising to see Claudio being so vocal in a match and playing up the "sportsmanship" aspect. Nice work by Joey trying to have a clean match and eventually going "sleazy" with his old heel shenanigans. The match kicked it into second gear near the end of the match and the crowd ate up the false finishes.

Considering that there were 4 high flyers in the tag title match, it was pretty clear the match would be a spotfest, which it was. But don't get me wrong, it was a very entertaining spotfest. Ricochet's addition to the match brought some great innovation to movesets we've come to enjoy from the Bucks and Generico. In the end, it was pretty clear that the belts would change hands due to London's shaky status with PWG and Ricochet not really being a regular of the promotion. It would've made a cool angle if Generico kept defending and retaining the belts with a different partners at each show.
workedshoot

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:19 am

Still bummed I couldn't make it but it sounds like a fun show. Even with the changes. I'm still not to happy about the tag team exchange though. I really hope this isn't the end of THE DANGER BEES!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:39 am

Ok.

So Steen and Brian Cage didn't make it... Why not have Willie Mack team with Tozawa so could have had the Ki/Strong match up and then add a couple of smaller Indy guys from the area to a singles match for the opener? I dont get why over half the card had to be redone for 2 people missing the show
Hawkeye

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum