All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:41 am

SlayJ wrote:Hell yes! Consider me STOKED for the El Generico vs Richochet rematch! That will be amazing. I know it's pretty far fetched to imagine Generico turning heel (especially in PWG), but he did really hint at it the first time these two met. And regardless what happens, maybe there will be enough bad blood this time out that he'll actually put my beer pitcher to good use.

Im with you on this one.
Their match last year was my "favorite" match of the year.
I dont think Generico needs to turn 100% heel..... He just needs to have an angry look in his eye to balance out
Ricochet, since he is always happy and smiling :mrgreen:

I am just glad to see the rematch... Good story-line. I hope Generico pulls out the "W" so we can get Part III
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 pm

SlayJ wrote:And while I realize there are only a couple spots left I hope that a few of the following get booked: The Briscoes, Low Ki, Colt Cabana, Pac, Kenny Omega, Austin Aries and The Young Bucks

I already mentioned that Kenny Omega will not be at All Star Weekend because he's working Best of the Super Jr. in Japan around the same time PWG is holding All Star Weekend
El Asian

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:37 pm

El Asian wrote:
SlayJ wrote:And while I realize there are only a couple spots left I hope that a few of the following get booked: The Briscoes, Low Ki, Colt Cabana, Pac, Kenny Omega, Austin Aries and The Young Bucks

I already mentioned that Kenny Omega will not be at All Star Weekend because he's working Best of the Super Jr. in Japan around the same time PWG is holding All Star Weekend

:evil: Ewww buzzkill =_=

Well I hope he comes back soon. We miss Kenny!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Matt Flash » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:27 pm

Not sure what they can do for the Night 2 ME unless it's Claudio vs. Ki, now. Hoping the Bucks are just late announcements, and we don't have to go the weekend without Tag Title match/matches.

Night 1 is already looking pretty fun at worst and damn amazing at best. Night 2 ain't too shabby, either, so far.

Kinda weird not having Strong at either show (For now, at least). I'm used to him being at pretty much every single one. I'm sure it won't bring the weekend down any, but he always makes any show he's on better. That's hard to replace, even with the talent PWG has lined up for us so far.
Matt Flash

Postby talley_1986 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:44 am

Matt Flash wrote:
Kinda weird not having Strong at either show (For now, at least). I'm used to him being at pretty much every single one. I'm sure it won't bring the weekend down any, but he always makes any show he's on better. That's hard to replace, even with the talent PWG has lined up for us so far.

Maybe it's because of ROH's main event push starting last year, but I haven't felt Strong being a big part of PWG in awhile. Once he lost against Davey at Titanica, Strong just sorta became a background character. Being partnered with Ryan Taylor wasn't exactly the most exciting thing since it meant Strong would be eliminated in the first round for the first time ever in DDT4 history. He skipped DIO and came back for a random "Star vs Star" match against Danielson (Losing might I add) at Seven. Even at BOLA, Strong was quietly eliminated in the second round compared to making the finals the previous year. He missed the next show and was put in a fairly low match against Chuck Taylor to close out the year. 2011 comes and he's nowhere to be found for the first two shows. He makes his return at CSTC3, but only gets a win over a newcomer.

It's a far cry from being the guy who always made it to the DDT4 finals and receiving a title shot at least once a year.

I wouldn't be against the idea of PWG and Roderick Strong going their separate ways for a bit. Have him come back in a year or two so he feels refreshed and new match-ups are ready to be booked. If nothing else, it'll open up a spot for someone else to come in on a regular basis (Eddie Edwards?)

Personally, I'm more concerned at The Cutlers. Up until Card Subject to Change 3, they had only missed one show, but that was only the first show after their debut. Now they've yet to be booked for ASW 8. I really hope they're not being phased out.
talley_1986

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:33 am

talley_1986 wrote:Personally, I'm more concerned at The Cutlers. Up until Card Subject to Change 3, they had only missed one show, but that was only the first show after their debut. Now they've yet to be booked for ASW 8. I really hope they're not being phased out.

I hope not or a lot of us will start tandom tombstoning a lot of board of directors!!! >:(

The Cutlers Deserve the titles!!! I want to see them win the Gold!!!! As do many others!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby fatallylost » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:32 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
talley_1986 wrote:Personally, I'm more concerned at The Cutlers. Up until Card Subject to Change 3, they had only missed one show, but that was only the first show after their debut. Now they've yet to be booked for ASW 8. I really hope they're not being phased out.

I hope not or a lot of us will start tandom tombstoning a lot of board of directors!!! >:(

The Cutlers Deserve the titles!!! I want to see them win the Gold!!!! As do many others!!!

From what it sounded like to me, it seemed like they might take a little time off from PWG. From a source of mine (a.k.a someone I talked to at the last show)

Who knows, maybe it's just a couple months, maybe more. I hope not more.
fatallylost

Postby PWG_Silverback » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 pm

Much like Tetsuo in Akira, All Star Weekend 8 keeps growing larger and more powerful! A new match for each night of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 has been announced on the All Star Weekend 8 Mini-Site! Also on the Mini-Site, tickets for both nights are now on sale. Be sure to check back in the coming days and weeks for more match announcements!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on May 23, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby SlayJ » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm

fatallylost wrote:
DjEn3rgy21 wrote:

From what it sounded like to me, it seemed like they might take a little time off from PWG. From a source of mine (a.k.a someone I talked to at the last show)

Who knows, maybe it's just a couple months, maybe more. I hope not more.

Well I dunno anything about the Cutlers taking time off or not. But regardless, I feel like their stock has fallen since the beginning of the year and PWG missed the window on giving them a run with the straps. But if they are good to go the potential is certainly there to build them back up. And I think the time is right to bring a West Coast flavor to the forefront of the tag division. With Joey and Scorpio reforming this would be a great time to push both the Cutlers AND the Dynasty up the ladder. Have them both defeat some established teams (ranging from the Taylor Boys to RockNess all the way to The Briscoes and KOW) and then meet up a few months from now in a Number One Contenders match. If they pace it well, the heat between the two teams could be epic by the time they faced and the tag belts would come across as extremely important (which they should be). From there you have the victorious team go on to win the championship and begin the next phase of the fued. Also, if there is an issue with the Cutlers, The RockNess Monsters would be another great team to face off with Joey and Scorp. Either way, it could be a strong move to help push some local guys to the next level and build their reps.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby SlayJ » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:42 pm

Damn! Apparently while I was sitting here with a cold one, piecing together my previous post, Low Ki, Alex Shelley, Roderick Strong and Matt Cross just got added to the shows. Holy crap! Night One is a MONSTER! Hopefully the Main Event for Night Two hits it outta the park as well! A Tag Title match would be nice, or obviously Claudio vs Ki. Tough to speculate what they are going to throw at us though. So much KICK ASS randomness on these cards!

Jay
SlayJ

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:49 pm

Low ki/alex shelley sounds awesome, I've never seen ki in person, I wouldn't be surprised if low ki wrestles kenny king on night 2.
eastbay510

Postby camstun187 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:25 am

wait where are the bucks?
camstun187

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:30 am

Just saw the other match added! I'm excited to see Shelly vs Ki. That one should be great I wonder what else is coming up!!!! ^_^

I ordered my first ticket, waiting for my next paycheck to get my other ones. I might even pay for my sister on this one since she can't miss this one either. This show is too epic for words!!!!!

PWG! PWG! PWG!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Facetious » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:02 am

The amount of first time matches is insane! The one that surprised me the most is Eddie Edwards vs El Generico considering all the tag matches they have faced each other in.
Facetious

Postby SlayJ » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:33 am

Not sure if it means anything, but the Roderick Strong vs Matt Cross match is not currently showing up on the All Star Weekend page. I like both guys and hope they are a part of the events, but with all the hard hitting one on one matches already booked, I think it would be a good move to mix in a few more tag matches, maybe a ladies match or some Lucha Libre, possibly a little comedy....just add a touch more variety to things. And that is by no means a complaint. I think the shows look amazing! But there are quite a few matches on paper that would seemingly be of a similar vibe. Coming off the momentum from King Of Trios, it would awesome to get a team like The Osirian Portal or Quack/Jigjaw to go up againt the Young Bucks. Or have something like Colt Cabana vs Peter Avalon, which could be a helluva fun match.

Jay
SlayJ

Postby npdavis » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:34 am

I don't want this to sound bad, but has Shelley put on a little bit of a gut? Or is that me? I don't watch TNA. Like I said, I don't want it to sound like physiques are everything but that was a little noticeable.
npdavis

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:04 am

npdavis wrote:I don't want this to sound bad, but has Shelley put on a little bit of a gut? Or is that me? I don't watch TNA. Like I said, I don't want it to sound like physiques are everything but that was a little noticeable.

actually, Shelley is coming off from an injury that he has been sidelined with
El Asian

All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:17 am

A new match for the second night of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 has been announced on the All Star Weekend 8 Mini-Site! Also on the Mini-Site, tickets for both nights are now on sale. Be sure to check back in the coming days and weeks for more match announcements!

Due to an issue with travel arrangements, Matt Cross will no longer be appearing at All Star Weekend 8. We apologize for the mix-up, but look forward to having Matt appear on future Pro Wrestling Guerrilla events.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on May 23, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby SlayJ » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:42 am

Young Bucks -vs Aries/Strong!!!! Holy crap!!! And that's not even the Main Event!?!? Unbelievable!!! I would utilize even MORE exclaimation points, but I'd hate to give away the idea that I'm excited about the shows or anything. Aw, fuck it. PWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Jay
SlayJ

Postby camstun187 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:49 pm

low ki vs shelley has been removed....
camstun187

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum