All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: All Star Weekend 8 - May 27 & 28, 2011 in Reseda, CA

Postby LJ Driver » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:05 pm

SlayJ wrote:Young Bucks -vs Aries/Strong!!!! Holy crap!!! And that's not even the Main Event!?!? Unbelievable!!! I would utilize even MORE exclaimation points, but I'd hate to give away the idea that I'm excited about the shows or anything. Aw, fuck it. PWG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Jay

My initial reaction as well.
LJ Driver

Postby Madvillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:17 pm

I hope this match is legit, on the minisite it only has RockNES Monsters vs Steenzawa on there twice for night two, also that would make sense why Matt Cross vs Roderick Strong was removed from night two, maybe it will be moved to night one. I'm just curious what's going to happen to Low Ki vs Alex Shelley, which was also removed from the mini site, I was super hyped for that one.
Madvillian

Postby Madvillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:22 pm

Also Kevin Steen vs Willie Mack is one there twice on Night One, just hoping for tech difficulties and one of those matches is still Ki vs Shelley....
Madvillian

Postby ajday » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:27 pm

Madvillian wrote:I hope this match is legit, on the minisite it only has RockNES Monsters vs Steenzawa on there twice for night two, also that would make sense why Matt Cross vs Roderick Strong was removed from night two, maybe it will be moved to night one. I'm just curious what's going to happen to Low Ki vs Alex Shelley, which was also removed from the mini site, I was super hyped for that one.

Sounds like Cross won't be in for the show if you read Silverback post from earlier today. It also looks like the webpage had just been rejuvenated and rearrange as the match is back up.
ajday

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 pm

If you haven't seen any Strong/Aries tag team matches from 06 in ROH your missing out, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best match of the weekend. Also it looks like theres gonna be two Chuck Taylor/Ricochet matches on night 2.
eastbay510

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:45 pm

I paid for both nights and wishing time would pass by
Souf Centrol

Postby jdrouskirsh » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:38 pm

eastbay510 wrote:If you haven't seen any Strong/Aries tag team matches from 06 in ROH your missing out, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best match of the weekend. Also it looks like theres gonna be two Chuck Taylor/Ricochet matches on night 2.

that was 2006... not getting my hopes up since Aries and Strong will probably mail it in like they normally do
jdrouskirsh

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I paid for both nights and wishing time would pass by

It's still a month away! WTF!

Also, Cross is gone off the page. Luckily I snagged the pic (if anyone knows of TEW, you'll know why I snagged it)
fatallylost

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:17 pm

Please do a clean refresh (shift-f5) to view the most recently updated version of the All Star Weekend 8 page if you think you may be experiencing an error.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:31 pm

I see the same things I saw before. =_= If you guys are saying Cross was going to be there and are yanking my crank, that is a cruel joke and I will sabotage all your chairs and beers. >_<

I love the matches though I have my tickets.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby iamawesome » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:32 pm

To whomever booked Austin Aries, I am forever in your debt. <3
iamawesome

Postby Souf Centrol » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:36 pm

fatallylost wrote:

Also, Cross is gone off the page. Luckily I snagged the pic (if anyone knows of TEW, you'll know why I snagged it)

You're talking about the text wrestling game?
Souf Centrol

Postby luca brasi » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:39 pm

it's still there on Night 1
luca brasi

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:58 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
fatallylost wrote:

You're talking about the text wrestling game?

Yeah. I'm one of the guys who does pic cutting for the game, for the real world people anyway.

luca brasi wrote:it's still there on Night 1

I think you might need a real clean refresh, cause it's not there when I look at it. I'll see if I can screen shot it.
fatallylost

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:12 pm

fatallylost

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:14 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:

A new match for the second night of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 has been announced on the All Star Weekend 8 Mini-Site! Also on the Mini-Site, tickets for both nights are now on sale. Be sure to check back in the coming days and weeks for more match announcements!

Due to an issue with travel arrangements, Matt Cross will no longer be appearing at All Star Weekend 8. We apologize for the mix-up, but look forward to having Matt appear on future Pro Wrestling Guerrilla events.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on May 23, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.

I just read it, I had missed this earlier. Really bummed Matt Cross won't be making it to this one. But I am happy to hear that PWG is listening to all of us. That makes this promotion so much better knowing that they listen to their fans. I hope to see Matt Cross soon though.

The event still looks solid though. I can't wait.

P.S. Since they heard that Matt Cross was requested, hopefully Mia Yim is an Option too. I asked her if she'd ever come out to a PWG event and said that she would love to come out if they hit her up. She had a wikkid match with Sara Del Rey, another name I'd love to see back.

Cheers!!! PWG!! PWG!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:59 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
PWG_Silverback wrote:

A new match for the second night of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 has been announced on the All Star Weekend 8 Mini-Site! Also on the Mini-Site, tickets for both nights are now on sale. Be sure to check back in the coming days and weeks for more match announcements!

Due to an issue with travel arrangements, Matt Cross will no longer be appearing at All Star Weekend 8. We apologize for the mix-up, but look forward to having Matt appear on future Pro Wrestling Guerrilla events.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night One takes place Friday, May 27, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's All Star Weekend 8 - Night Two takes place Saturday, May 28, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30 per night, and General Admission tickets are $25 per night. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on May 23, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.

I just read it, I had missed this earlier. Really bummed Matt Cross won't be making it to this one. But I am happy to hear that PWG is listening to all of us. That makes this promotion so much better knowing that they listen to their fans. I hope to see Matt Cross soon though.

P.S. Since they heard that Matt Cross was requested, hopefully Mia Yim is an Option too. I asked her if she'd ever come out to a PWG event and said that she would love to come out if they hit her up. She had a wikkid match with Sara Del Rey, another name I'd love to see back.

Cheers!!! PWG!! PWG!!!

I say, 5/6 way women's match. Candice vs. Portia vs. Mia vs Buggy vs Del Rey.
fatallylost

Postby Matt Flash » Sun May 01, 2011 12:53 am

Jesus Christ.... Young Bucks vs. Strong and Aries? I don't even have the words. I marked the fuck out the second I read that. Granted it's on paper, but this is shaping up to be fairly easily the most stacked shows in PWG history. The amount of first time matches is scary, because they're so high-level on the indy scale. I can't wait for these shows, They're going to be incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Thank you PWG for putting so much effort into these shows to really exceed our expectations.
Matt Flash

Postby camstun187 » Sun May 01, 2011 5:27 am

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
PWG_Silverback wrote:

Cheers!!! PWG!! PWG!!!

Wait, were you at the RCW show here in Baltimore last weekend? Those two had a show-stealing match until the fourway later on in the evening.
camstun187

Postby camstun187 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:18 am

wait no, u live over in cali. my bad
camstun187

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum