So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Moderators: PWG_Silverback, PWGTickets

So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:57 am

BRUCE CAMPBELL or Evil Dead?

I've noticed a lot of different theme named events such as
Tango & Cash Invitational 1 & 2 (Tango & Cash - Obviously)
88 Miles Per Hour (Back To The Future)
The Secret Of The Ooze (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Uncanny Xmas (X-Men Comic)
Ernest P. Worrell Memorial (Ernest)
Jason Takes PWG (Friday The 13th)

Etc.... etc....

Everything from Bands to Movies to comics and more!!

Just saying, I think some more fun events like those would be great! Especially *cough cough* Evil Dead or Bruce Campbell.

"Hail To The King Baby!" - ASH

I know Excalibur and the PWG board have watched them! I know they shop smart, S-Mart.
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby TigerDriver98 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:54 am

Not a bad idea on a Campbell show. I could go for a "Bubba Ho-Tep" themed PWG show. But of course mentioning an idea for a PWG show title on the message board generally means that it isn't going to happen. I've been waiting for a Pee-Wee Herman or Mr. T themed show since 2003!
User avatar
TigerDriver98
 
Posts: 1778
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:47 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:51 pm

I think the next show should be Michael Scott themed:

Thats What She Said
The Dundies 2011
Lord Rupert Everton tribute show
I... Declare... BANKRUPTCY!!!
Ben Franklin: The Sexiest President
eastbay510
 
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby TelkEvolon » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:44 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:BRUCE CAMPBELL or Evil Dead?

I've noticed a lot of different theme named events such as
Tango & Cash Invitational 1 & 2 (Tango & Cash - Obviously)
88 Miles Per Hour (Back To The Future)
The Secret Of The Ooze (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
Uncanny Xmas (X-Men Comic)
Ernest P. Worrell Memorial (Ernest)
Jason Takes PWG (Friday The 13th)


Man, those are some dated shows.
"I'm ending your career! I'm ending your f*cking life!"

~ Kevin Steen
User avatar
TelkEvolon
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:26 am
Location: Australia

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby talley_1986 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:08 am

Being another Michigan native, I would think that Excalibur would be a big fan of Campbell.
talley_1986
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 am

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 am

TigerDriver98 wrote:Not a bad idea on a Campbell show. I could go for a "Bubba Ho-Tep" themed PWG show. But of course mentioning an idea for a PWG show title on the message board generally means that it isn't going to happen. I've been waiting for a Pee-Wee Herman or Mr. T themed show since 2003!

I don't know about that. They do look like they generally read and pay attention to the people on this forum. Especially since a lot of them are regulars and also spread the word far for them.

The Bubba Ho-Tep Idea is fun, but then again so is the Evil Dead series. All the quotes, the titles the catch phrases.

I mean a "Hail To The King Title Tournament" would be sick too! ^_^
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby El Asian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:53 pm

I personally want PWG to name a show after Doctor Who
User avatar
El Asian
 
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:07 am

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby Madvillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:13 pm

PWG vs The Army of Darkness
Image

#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
@MFMad
User avatar
Madvillian
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 am
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby ajday » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:21 pm

I'm shocked that no one(unless I missed it) had named "Roger Dorn Night", or even "(Please Don't Call It) The O.C."

I would love to see something from the show "Community" just to recognize the girl who has attended the show before; can't think of her name though.
twitter.com/andrewdeyoe
Image
User avatar
ajday
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby Madvillian » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:25 pm

ajday wrote:I'm shocked that no one(unless I missed it) had named "Roger Dorn Night", or even "(Please Don't Call It) The O.C."

I would love to see something from the show "Community" just to recognize the girl who has attended the show before; can't think of her name though.


Gillian Jacobs
Image

#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
@MFMad
User avatar
Madvillian
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:28 am
Location: Olympia, WA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby ajday » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:41 pm

Madvillian wrote:
ajday wrote:I'm shocked that no one(unless I missed it) had named "Roger Dorn Night", or even "(Please Don't Call It) The O.C."

I would love to see something from the show "Community" just to recognize the girl who has attended the show before; can't think of her name though.


Gillian Jacobs

YEAH! HER!
twitter.com/andrewdeyoe
Image
User avatar
ajday
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:06 am
Location: Portland, Or.

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby fatallylost » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:03 pm

ajday wrote:I'm shocked that no one(unless I missed it) had named "Roger Dorn Night", or even "(Please Don't Call It) The O.C."

I would love to see something from the show "Community" just to recognize the girl who has attended the show before; can't think of her name though.


Troy and Abed in Reseda!


El Asian wrote:I personally want PWG to name a show after Doctor Who


Yes!

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
TigerDriver98 wrote:Not a bad idea on a Campbell show. I could go for a "Bubba Ho-Tep" themed PWG show. But of course mentioning an idea for a PWG show title on the message board generally means that it isn't going to happen. I've been waiting for a Pee-Wee Herman or Mr. T themed show since 2003!

I don't know about that. They do look like they generally read and pay attention to the people on this forum. Especially since a lot of them are regulars and also spread the word far for them.

The Bubba Ho-Tep Idea is fun, but then again so is the Evil Dead series. All the quotes, the titles the catch phrases.

I mean a "Hail To The King Title Tournament" would be sick too! ^_^


If I may, I can say that they do watch the boards. Let's just say I had positive confirmation on something I mentioned recently. So, who knows. Maybe they could swing a Campbell sighting? Or, maybe they just aren't fans of his... a.k.a terrorists.
#PWGkliq #IWLCrew #NobodieCares #GooniesNeverDie
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff » Sun May 01, 2011 9:50 am

eastbay510 wrote:I think the next show should be Michael Scott themed:

Thats What She Said
The Dundies 2011
Lord Rupert Everton tribute show
I... Declare... BANKRUPTCY!!!
Ben Franklin: The Sexiest President


I fucking hate the Office.
User avatar
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:11 am
Location: Long Beach, MS

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby El Hijo del Generico » Sun May 01, 2011 10:04 am

El Asian wrote:I personally want PWG to name a show after Doctor Who


They could call it, "Based on Sucky British Show no one in America likes."
Image
User avatar
El Hijo del Generico
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:50 pm

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm

El Hijo del Generico wrote:
El Asian wrote:I personally want PWG to name a show after Doctor Who


They could call it, "Based on Sucky British Show no one in America likes."

What? IDK about that one, that show has been around for a very long time and has a big following in the US.
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby fatallylost » Sun May 01, 2011 4:15 pm

DjEn3rgy21 wrote:
El Hijo del Generico wrote:
El Asian wrote:I personally want PWG to name a show after Doctor Who


They could call it, "Based on Sucky British Show no one in America likes."

What? IDK about that one, that show has been around for a very long time and has a big following in the US.


1 1/2 British seasons, 6 US. Yeah, I think Americans hate it.

Although, I think I'm over that show. I say we get Tracy Morgan to host one event. Just him being him would also fill the comedy quota for the evening.
#PWGkliq #IWLCrew #NobodieCares #GooniesNeverDie
User avatar
fatallylost
 
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 5:19 pm
Location: La Puente, CA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby Souf Centrol » Tue May 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff wrote:
I fucking hate the Office.

How can you hate the office. I love that show

fatallylost wrote:1 1/2 British seasons, 6 US. Yeah, I think Americans hate it.

Although, I think I'm over that show. I say we get Tracy Morgan to host one event. Just him being him would also fill the comedy quota for the evening.


I don't think they have Tracy Morgan money. Hell they could ship over half the roh roster for his price lol
Image
Image
Souf Centrol's Music
Twitter: SoufCentrol
#PWGkliq
User avatar
Souf Centrol
 
Posts: 660
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:17 am

Souf Centrol wrote:
Evil_MJ_Hasselhoff wrote:
I fucking hate the Office.

How can you hate the office. I love that show

fatallylost wrote:1 1/2 British seasons, 6 US. Yeah, I think Americans hate it.

Although, I think I'm over that show. I say we get Tracy Morgan to host one event. Just him being him would also fill the comedy quota for the evening.


I don't think they have Tracy Morgan money. Hell they could ship over half the roh roster for his price lol

Screw that roster lol For what he probably charges we not only could get a bigger venue but all of Japan's Indys and Flights :P
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby Meltman » Thu May 12, 2011 7:38 am

I'm waiting for another Arrested Development reference.

Sacremende, Boyfights Cookout, Les Cousins Dangeroux...SOMETHING.
Meltman
 
Posts: 1818
Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Re: So How Come PWG has never made an event themed after

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Meltman wrote:I'm waiting for another Arrested Development reference.

Sacremende, Boyfights Cookout, Les Cousins Dangeroux...SOMETHING.

I never could get into that show......
What's Your Core?
"OLE!" - El Generico
ULTRA COMBOOOO BUSTER!!!! K.O!!!!
ImageImage
#PWGkliq
#iwantwrestling
User avatar
DjEn3rgy21
 
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: North Hollywood, CA

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests