Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla EIGHT on July 23, 2011!

Postby Facetious » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:54 pm

Just when you thought it couldn't get bigger..... HOLY FUCK.

Steen's pulling double duty again!
Facetious

Postby Matt Flash » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:31 am

DAMN. I'm not the biggest CIMA fan, but I think that tag match is going to be pretty great. And I'm not the biggest Dynasty fan, but their match vs. RockNES seems like a great fit. Much happier to see them in that match than a tag title match.

Steen pulling double duty again... dude is a beast. I know everyone is saying Davey is the best in the indies/world right now (And rightfully so) but Steen might be the hottest. Anywhere he goes, he seems to do something/say something memorable, and stands out every second that he's performing. All this double duty just shows his love for PWG, and wrestling in general, and it's almost impossible to not gravitate towards a guy like that and cheer for him... even if he's making fun of you in the most vile, cruel way he can think of.

Can't wait for this show!
Matt Flash

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:53 am

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

:(

Just had to be during Comic Con...
Lord Akiyama

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:02 am

^You sticking with Comic Con?
Garden State Saint

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:14 am

Had PWG be on the 24th (Sunday), I would have considered. But 23rd (Saturday)? There's no way. The majority of panels I regularly go to take place on Saturday.
Lord Akiyama

Postby PWG_Silverback » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:47 am

For fans interested in attending both Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT, and Comic-Con International 2011 in San Diego on July 23, we would like to point out that Comic-Con typically closes around 6PM, and belltime for EIGHT is at 8PM, so it is entirely possible to attend both events.

Though the events are 143 miles apart, were someone to leave San Diego at 6PM, they would arrive in Reseda shortly after 8PM, assuming they obeyed the posted speed limit for the entire journey. Theoretically, the trip could be made faster should one exceed the speed limit, but Pro Wrestling Guerrilla would never condone or endorse driving at excessive speeds.

Some food for thought for those attempting to balance their enjoyment of popular culture with their enjoyment of the best wrestling in the entire galaxy.

To further clarify; Comic-Con itself closes around 6PM. Yes, there are extracurricular events going on around the convention after hours, however, not everyone participates in them. I was simply pointing out that were one so inclined, a person could easily attend both Comic-Con and EIGHT.

Just giving options to those that may not have made up their minds yet.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby SlayJ » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:13 pm

Well I've been stopping by here almost daily hoping to see that the All-Star Weekend disks have been released. And I've been brought to tears almost daily by the fact it hasn't happened yet. But now after seeing the recent developements regarding the line-up for EIGHT, my tears have turned to tears of joy and my frown is upside down, Daddy!!!! Because if there's one thing I like more than seeing Kevin Steen wrestle, it's seeing Kevin Steen wrestling TWICE! And if seeing him wrestle twice isn't enough, now I get to see him beat up the Young Bucks too! Hell yes, I'm missing Comic Con for this! And PWG decides to throw CIMA in to the mix!?!? That is the iciing on the sushi, my friends!

Joey and Scorp going for the titles against the Bucks would've been a nice little match. But I think they do need one more strong showing before getting that opportunity. So having them face the RockNES Monsters works out perfectly. The only change that I wish could happen would be for Willie Mack to be there and team with Gatson against the Taylors. And perhaps a Peter Avalon rematch against Candice LaRae since I have a crush on her and miss her greatly. But all this mushy talk aside, EIGHT is gonna be insane! Can't wait!!!
SlayJ

Postby ajday » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:05 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:For fans interested in attending both Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT, and Comic-Con International 2011 in San Diego on July 23, we would like to point out that Comic-Con typically closes around 6PM, and belltime for EIGHT is at 8PM, so it is entirely possible to attend both events.

Though the events are 143 miles apart, were someone to leave San Diego at 6PM, they would arrive in Reseda shortly after 8PM, assuming they obeyed the posted speed limit for the entire journey. Theoretically, the trip could be made faster should one exceed the speed limit, but Pro Wrestling Guerrilla would never condone or endorse driving at excessive speeds.

Some food for thought for those attempting to balance their enjoyment of popular culture with their enjoyment of the best wrestling in the entire galaxy.

To further clarify; Comic-Con itself closes around 6PM. Yes, there are extracurricular events going on around the convention after hours, however, not everyone participates in them. I was simply pointing out that were one so inclined, a person could easily attend both Comic-Con and EIGHT.

Just giving options to those that may not have made up their minds yet.

If you take into consideration the bell time has run late, you could add a half of an hour to his approximation, right?
ajday

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:46 pm

This is why PWG is the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!!!! OMG now the value of my FRONT ROW went up 10 fold!!!!!!! I think I just had tears of Joy mixed with epic euphoria and an orgasm.

Yes it was that good. Lets do this!!!!!!! PWG! PWG! PWG!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby drmmawresperc » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:16 pm

PWG is better than WWE and TNA.
drmmawresperc

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:33 am

drmmawresperc wrote:PWG is better than WWE and TNA.

Well that's a given. :P

Only reason I watch the other one is to follow the guys I used to watch in PWG. ^_^
DjEn3rgy21

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:30 pm

Did not think I was going to make it, but im glad to say I will be at "EIGHT".. :mrgreen:
Glad to see tix are still avaliable, I was worried the last few days.
I know we still got a little over 2weeks till the big day, but I thought I'd toss out some early predictions...

Richards over Claudio (i like the sound of a "double-champion")
The Bucks over Cima/Steen
Low Ki over Hero
Shelly & Strong over Generico/Ricochet
PAC over Steen
RockNes Monsters over They Dynasty (i know they got put on a strong showing & they have a shot at the titles@the next show, but imma be rooting for the monsters... Not really a big fan of the dynasty..)
Cage-Taylor over Gatson
Ryan Taylor over Avalon
The_Sharpshooter

Postby fatallylost » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:58 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:Did not think I was going to make it, but im glad to say I will be at "EIGHT".. :mrgreen:
Glad to see tix are still avaliable, I was worried the last few days.
I know we still got a little over 2weeks till the big day, but I thought I'd toss out some early predictions...

Richards over Claudio (i like the sound of a "double-champion")
The Bucks over Cima/Steen
Low Ki over Hero
Shelly & Strong over Generico/Ricochet
PAC over Steen
RockNes Monsters over They Dynasty (i know they got put on a strong showing & they have a shot at the titles@the next show, but imma be rooting for the monsters... Not really a big fan of the dynasty..)
Cage-Taylor over Gatson
Ryan Taylor over Avalon

Random note: In the Taylor / Avalon match one of them will be without hair after this Sunday!
fatallylost

Postby JapanRules555 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:04 pm

I want to go but I can't.
JapanRules555

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:25 pm

It's been so quiet in here! I think we know the anticipation is coming!!!! Only a few more weeks left!!!! C'mon I can't be the only one hyped about this!!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby JAG » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Threemendous was one of the first shows I went to. Personally the birthday shows are a way to look at PWG has grown from that point. Every year I like to look back at all the birthday shows building up to the show. It seems so long ago that I was so angry that Joey escaped with the title from Threemendos. I still swear B Boy got the three count after the slash from the top of the cage. Being blown away by the second half of Giant Size Annual Four. Impressed at Human Tornado gutted his way though that incredible Guerrilla Warfare in a Cage Match against Hero, ending their year long feud. Chanting "THIS IS WRESTLING" during the Davey Richards vs Rodderick Strong match at Threemendous II. Seven was filled with great moments: hanging on Scott Lost's every word in his retirement speech, how it was bittersweet to have Bryan Danielson back, thinking "I can really get hurt if I'm watching the wrong action" during the Three Way Guerrilla Warfare Tag Team Match.

I can't wait to see the new PWG moments that will arise from Eight!
JAG

Postby PWG_Silverback » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:09 pm

Low Ki out, CIMA in at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT on July 23!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

North Hollywood, CA - In a bit of unfortunate news, Low Ki has contacted Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to inform us that he was pulling himself off of our eighth anniversary event, EIGHT, taking place on Saturday, July 23, 2011 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Low Ki said that he would be missing the event due to "personal issues." With that information in mind, as Freddie Mercury famously sang, the show must go on.

On any normal show, this situation could be seen as a huge blow to the event. However, on July 23, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will be celebrating eight years of not just the best professional wrestling in the entire universe, but eight years of rolling with the punches. If, for some strange reason, one were to think that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's events were not the best in the universe (to be fair, we hear good things about Kaylar Pro Wrestling on Rigel VII), that person would have to at least admit that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla was the leader in making the best of a bad situation. So fear not, loyal fan of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, we, along with some of the best professional wrestlers from around the world, have got you covered.

Low Ki's absence on July 23 leaves former Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion Chris Hero without an opponent at EIGHT, which at first may seem like a bad thing. After all, Chris Hero is a professional wrestler, and as a professional, if he doesn't wrestle, he doesn't get paid. However, things have a way of working themselves out in professional wrestling, especially if during your most recent shot at reclaiming the title the top rope broke, leading to some people (including the Board of Directors) clamoring for a rematch. Oddly enough, that was exactly what happened when Claudio Castagnoli defended the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship against Chris Hero at All Star Weekend 8!

But to grant Chris Hero a straight-up rematch with Claudio Castagnoli would do a huge disservice to fellow former champion Davey Richards, who is scheduled to challenge for the World Championship at EIGHT. So in the interest of fairness, and in the interest of making this eighth anniversary event the best eighth anniversary event Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will ever have, Claudio Castagnoli will now defend the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship against Davey Richards and Chris Hero in a single fall, three-way title match!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT takes place on July 23, 2011 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA at 8:00PM. General Admission tickets are available right now on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Ticket Page. EIGHT is scheduled to feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Three-Way Match
Claudio Castagnoli (Champion) vs. Davey Richards (Challenger) vs. Chris Hero (Challenger)

Non-Title Tag Team Grudge Match
The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Tag Team Match
El Generico & Ricochet vs. Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong

Dream Rematch
"The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Tag Team Match
The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

Singles Match
Brian Cage-Taylor vs. Brandon Gatson

Singles Match
"Pretty" Peter Avalon vs. Ryan Taylor

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's EIGHT takes place Saturday, July 23, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on July 19, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Outside alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby CheMateo » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Ki is out again due to personal issues. That sucks. Anyway, I am not keen with the World Title match being changed into a Three Way. I would have preferred they reshuffle the card to its original form. That would keep Davey & Claudio 1-on-1 and CIMA facing Hero would be a nice substitute for Hero/Ki II. Oh well.
CheMateo

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Aww man. Well, we've waited close to four years to see another Hero Vs. Ki match in PWG, I guess we can wait a little longer. That would be a pretty awesome match to do in the first round of BOLA this year actually...
TigerDriver98

Postby TelkEvolon » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:42 am

God damn!

I'd rather they find someone for Hero and keep Claudio/Richards.
TelkEvolon

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum