2011 Battle of Los Angeles on August 20, 2011!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2011 Battle of Los Angeles on August 20, 2011!

Postby El Asian » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:47 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
El Asian wrote:I do wonder if we'll get a non-tournament matches in here, possibly the Young Bucks defending the tag titles, which is either having Tozawa taking Steen's place to team with CIMA since Steen and CIMA are #1 contenders for the tag titles or have Hero and Claudio go out the 1st round and then have KOW together one last time against the Bucks

CIMA said at Eight that if anyone would win the tag titles it would be steen & tozawa

good point though Steen is busy with BOLA as well as being world champion at this point though it is possible for Steen to be a double champ as well but it would be possible for Steen to give his tag duties to CIMA to team with Tozawa and, just throwing it out, there isn't a Dragon Gate show on August 20

although the Dynasty is also very possible as well
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:57 pm

Good looking line up. Judging by participants and matches that are signed looks like its gonna be a nice strong style tourney which is always good. I hope PWG adds some non tournament matches, may be a tag team match with Rockness Monsters or Young Bucks.
krayzie Bone

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:45 pm

BOLA4ever wrote:I GOT FRONT ROW SEATS first time i will ever seat front row and been coming to PWG shows since summer of 05 haha i cant wait

5 exrta dollars, so can move out of the way when guys come flying at you :mrgreen:
So Cal Punk

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:47 pm

El Asian wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:
El Asian wrote:I do wonder if we'll get a non-tournament matches in here, possibly the Young Bucks defending the tag titles, which is either having Tozawa taking Steen's place to team with CIMA since Steen and CIMA are #1 contenders for the tag titles or have Hero and Claudio go out the 1st round and then have KOW together one last time against the Bucks

CIMA said at Eight that if anyone would win the tag titles it would be steen & tozawa

good point though Steen is busy with BOLA as well as being world champion at this point though it is possible for Steen to be a double champ as well but it would be possible for Steen to give his tag duties to CIMA to team with Tozawa and, just throwing it out, there isn't a Dragon Gate show on August 20

although the Dynasty is also very possible as well

especially since
Spoiler: show
the bucks & dynasty attacked each other at eight
So Cal Punk

Postby SlayJ » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:59 pm

Alright, my motley crew of dumbass friends and I have secured our front row positions. We are ready for BOLA! It looks like the All-Star Weekend DVDs might be on the way this week as well. Life is good! I was initially a little bummed that it was only a one night tournament, but I think it's actually for the best and will help kill the burnout factor that often happens with back to back shows (and it doesn't suck to save a little $$$).

As for my early predictions...

First Round

1) HERO over Mack (This one is tough to call. It makes sense in a lot of ways to have Mack go over and get a little rub. And he very well might. I just have a feeling that Hero will win this one and face...)

2) EL GENERICO over Claudio (The obvious tease would be for the KOW to have ONE more head to head encounter before walking out the door. But I think Generico steals one here and has to defeat both the The Kings to reach the finals.)

3) EDWARDS over Strong (I'm going with Eddie on a hunch here even though Roddy might enjoy a little revenge on the guy who took his ROH Title. Not a lot of charisma in this one, but two wrestling machines. And speaking of wrestling machines...)

4) STEEN over Finlay (This should obviously be a badass, hard-hitting, mat-based clinic. And I will be saying "WRESTLING - YAY" throughout its entirety because I know how much you all love that! ;) But yeah, Steen is ON A ROLL! And I don't see that stopping here)

2nd Round

5) EL GENERICO over Hero (I'm banking hardcore on Generico vs Steen in the Finals. So, Nuff said!)

6) STEEN over Edwards (Whether it's Strong or Edwards, it don't matter. STEEN STEEN STEEN!!!!)

Finals

7) EL GENERICO over Steen (It was the fued of the year in 2010, but the West Coast got none of that. And as much as I enjoyed following the mayhem on DVD, I need to experience it first hand! The tag match from ASW was a good appetizer. But I say PWG kicks it in to gear here! Generico gets the victory and demands a title match(maybe at WrestleReunion...maybe before).

As for an additional match, a Young Bucks vs RockNES Monsters title match would be great. Maybe a 3-way with the Dynasty included. Pretty much anything with some good high flying and fun to counter all the strong style that dominates the show would be just what the doctor ordered.

Just a few weeks! Time to start gearing up for another trip up to LA! See ya there!
SlayJ

Postby Souf Centrol » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:57 pm

I hope front row is still available when I get paid
Souf Centrol

Postby dirtydutch » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm surprised no one is picking Mack to win it, IMO he seems like the odds on favorite

my prediction would be

Mack over Hero
Claudio over Generico
Edwards over Strong
Finlay over Steen (the Bucks help Finlay pick up the win, maybe Steen issues a challenge to the Bucks for a match inbetween the semi's and finals)

Mack over Claudio
Edwards over Finlay

Mack over Edwards
dirtydutch

Postby BOLA4ever » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
BOLA4ever wrote:I GOT FRONT ROW SEATS first time i will ever seat front row and been coming to PWG shows since summer of 05 haha i cant wait

5 exrta dollars, so can move out of the way when guys come flying at you :mrgreen:

thats the fun part lol
BOLA4ever

Postby Matt Flash » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:19 am

BOLA4ever wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:

thats the fun part lol

I'd say it's $5 extra to not have to put up with assholes standing up in front of you for no good god damn reason.
Matt Flash

Postby fatallylost » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

Matt Flash wrote:
BOLA4ever wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:5 exrta dollars, so can move out of the way when guys come flying at you :mrgreen:

thats the fun part lol

I'd say it's $5 extra to not have to put up with assholes standing up in front of you for no good god damn reason.

ASW8 was the first time, in a while, that was an issue for me. I had this gimp standing up, alone mind you, no one in his way, for the majority of two matches before intermission. Add on the guy next to me who was forced to stand up because of him, and saw nothing wrong standing there arms akimbo almost elbowing me constantly.

I hate douche bags, in case no one has noticed. hah.
fatallylost

Postby SlayJ » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:53 pm

I definitely agree that any guy who's grown a vagina and can't deal with people standing up and having a good time at a sporting event, concert, etc. should DEFINITELY get front row and spare the rest of us their whining. Either that or just wait for the DVD. Hell, I think EVERYBODY should be on their feet and making as much noise as possible for PWG. They deserve it! Anybody who have a tissy over chants and people standing up should probably just stay home. And if you do feel the need to show up and just sit on your hands, that's fine. Just don't bum the rest of us out. It's Pro Wrestling after all...it's supposed to be fun
SlayJ

Postby BOLA4ever » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Dont worry im not a guy who stands up unless i have to get the hell out of the way when wrestlers dive lol
BOLA4ever

Postby SlayJ » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Sorry about my last post. I think I heard one too many complaints from people at work today and brought some of the angst home with me. So my bad. I respect that some of you just want to sit back, relax and enjoy a live show. I kind of come from a different point of view where I use my passion and enjoyment of PWG as a release from the daily grind. In other words, I love standing up, banging the mat, being vocal, and having a great time at the shows. Sorry if my enthusiasm rubs anybody the wrong way. It's all meant to be positive
SlayJ

Postby fatallylost » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 am

SlayJ wrote:Sorry about my last post. I think I heard one too many complaints from people at work today and brought some of the angst home with me. So my bad. I respect that some of you just want to sit back, relax and enjoy a live show. I kind of come from a different point of view where I use my passion and enjoyment of PWG as a release from the daily grind. In other words, I love standing up, banging the mat, being vocal, and having a great time at the shows. Sorry if my enthusiasm rubs anybody the wrong way. It's all meant to be positive

I'll let that one slide son! Just kiddin. See, one thing I hate, is this theory that at shows (wrestling, concerts, etc) that everyone in the crowd has to always leave everything there. I'm super laid back. While I do clap along, etc, I tend to watch the matches, study them, and just sit and enjoy. The thing I don't like is when other people have no regard for their surroundings. If no one in an entire section is standing up, don't be an ass if you ain't last row. Just a little consideration.

Now, if 90% of the section is standing, and I don't stand up, I don't complain about not seeing some of the action, or people being in my way. Cause 1. I'm usually exhausted at that point, or, 2. That's my choice to stay down, so live with that.

I choose not to get front row, because I am quite the target, as it is, in the second or third. That extra 6 feet or so gives my slow reaction time having self a better chance at getting out of the way. haha
fatallylost

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:30 am

In my opinion this show feels like more of an ROH show then a PWG show, and I know thats gonna piss people off by me saying that. What I mean is I really dont think theres gonna be very many high spots at all this show, I think everything for the most part is gonna be slower, methotical, and stiff as hell as most of the competors work really stiff and half of them are NOAH regulars. I think this is gonna be an awesome show and definatly diffrent from other PWG shows.
eastbay510

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:I hope front row is still available when I get paid

Front row is sold out. :cry:
The_Sharpshooter

Postby Souf Centrol » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:46 pm

The_Sharpshooter wrote:

Yeah I know. I got general...again :-(
Souf Centrol

Postby Endurance » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Souf Centrol wrote:
The_Sharpshooter wrote:

Yeah I know. I got general...again :-(

I just bought my GA tickets today! Why the sad face? I'm excited just to be going.
Endurance

Postby fatallylost » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Nothing wrong with gen admission #3YearsRunning
fatallylost

Postby Gianto_Talbot » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:15 am

I actually prefer to sit all the way in the back. Well I gues you can't really say "way" in the back when there's only four or five rows, but you know what I mean. I come a few hours early just to make sure I can sit in the seats against the wall. There's a small ledge on the wall to sit on so that works perfect cuz I always have my small son with me. Also he can stand on his chair and not worry about obstructing anyone else's view or having his obstructed. Not mention all the camera time on the DVDs. It's win/win
Gianto_Talbot

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum