The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence on September 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence on September 10!

Postby ozmania » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:24 am

Some of you guys are crazy! Or just jaded. I don't know how PWG can have the best live audience and the worst message board posters. Last nights show was awesome! Every single match was really good and the crowd was hot all night. Even PWG's Twitter and Facebook said that it was their "sleeper show of the year," so obviously the company was happy with it.
ozmania

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:27 am

the tag matches were the matches of the night in my opinion
So Cal Punk

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:54 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
AmericanWolvesMark wrote:
So Cal Punk wrote:worst PWG show i've been to. that doesn't mean it was bad. the worst PWG show is still better than the best of other promotions. i had fun.

Really? I had a lot of fun at this show. In fact it was probably one of the funnest PWG shows I've been to and I've been going for more than 2 years. There's nothing wrong with you finding it subpar as I didn't see anything that would make it so. In fact, I'm kinda curious as to why you thought it was the worst.

the guys above me pretty much said it. but if you enjoyed the show awesome dude, wish i couls've enjoyed that much

Yeah, those guys were assholes, especially at the end. But strictly speaking wrestling, it was a really fun show and the crowd didn't really get tired.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:00 pm

How did Edwards beat Perkins?
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:30 pm

well I enjoyed the show as well and thought every match was either solid or great, especially for Steen vs. Richards and Super Smash Brothers vs. RockNES Monsters
El Asian

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:41 pm

I have watched wrestling for many years and I've seen rough crowds. The Sept. 10th crowd wasn't all that bad, then again I wasn't sitting around them or sitting across from them. They were a bit annoying and I wished in the back of my mind that Chris Hero was behind the curtain and would come out to respectfully tell the drunk beardo to "shut the f*ck up", but then I remembered there was an awesome match in the ring and I just focused on that. Super Smash Bros. need to come back. Let's get them over.
Itchypanda

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 pm

Random question: Any one come out wearing the Nike MAG? :mrgreen:
Lord Akiyama

Postby Gianto_Talbot » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:32 pm

ozmania wrote:Some of you guys are crazy! Or just jaded. I don't know how PWG can have the best live audience and the worst message board posters. Last nights show was awesome! Every single match was really good and the crowd was hot all night. Even PWG's Twitter and Facebook said that it was their "sleeper show of the year," so obviously the company was happy with it.

My God man is it blasphemous to be disappointed with a PWG show?
I never heard anyone just completely shit on an entire show. But if somebody voices that they expected better and didn't feel that anything stood out as being great they're jaded or crazy? What doEs that even mean? And the audience dos have too many people who yell all kinds of stupid to get attention which takes attention away from the match. That's not a complaint. Hey they bought their ticket and that's their right. By I have the right to say that in my opinion I find alot of that annoying. Maybe I just to get alot of the jokes because I'm not a big, fat ass, nerd. I also feel that there are certain lines of respect or disrespect that should not be crossed.
Gianto_Talbot

Postby SlayJ » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:38 pm

First off, I hope those "fans" on the entrance side who thought it was cool to be idiotic and disrespectful don't come back. They unfortunately succeeded in making the main event less enjoyable than it should have been (and it was a damn fine match!). Steen obviously wanted to destroy them (and I'm sure he wasn't alone), but he remained professional which I completely respect. Anyhow, the less time spent talking about those tools the better.

I really enjoyed the bulk of this show and had a damn good time. The only match that disappointed me was Willie Mack vs Ryan Taylor. There was a lot of badly missed stuff and it went longer than it should've. To get Mack's momentum back on track he should've dominated this thing and put Taylor away quickly. Beyond that the matches were all a lot of fun. Kudos to the Super Smash Brothers who hit it out of the park with the RockNES Monsters. This was easily **** worth of charisma and athleticism. It was the perfect showcase for both teams.

TJP and Eddie Edwards was a wrestling clinic. Very crisp and high impact. Nothing mindblowing, but absolutely in the *** 1/2 range. TJP should definitely be brought back. I thought Generico vs Rocky was somewhere in the same area quality wise. Sure, it was a somewhat cold match-up and a bit below the quality of your typical El Generico PWG appearance. But it was still very enjoyable and Romero plays a great cocky heel. The Tag Title match was another **** level battle that had strong heat and shitloads of hard work from everyone involved. I'm not a big Dynasty fan, but they brought their A-game. And the Young Bucks are so damn good at their roles that I actually really respect them and want to see them get their asses beat at the same time.

The Main Event delivered the stiffness and drama that a big time title match should and was only taken down a notch by the previously mentioned pricks at ringside. Steen and Richards deserved so much better from the crowd and i know a lot of people tried to give them their due respect. But hey, assholes happen. Still though I dug the match and the post match set-up for Generico vs Steen left the show on a high note.

Overall, I wasn't blown away by the show on paper. But I think most of the matches totally delivered and it was money well spent as always.
SlayJ

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Random question: Any one come out wearing the Nike MAG? :mrgreen:

probably not since I doubt its been shipped to those who bought them as well as I don't if anyone would wear those in public especially Reseda, I think someone might steal since they are crazy expensive
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:16 pm

The show was good but not great. The fans always over react by tapping the ring after certain spots. The drunk fans that chanted stupid shit to put themselves over really took away from the show in my opinion. I would have enjoyed myself more if they weren't there.
krayzie Bone

Postby So Cal Punk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:29 pm

ok i admit worst isn't the best word, it was an ok-good show. just the worst (still can't find a better word) PWG show i've seen. in other words it's only bad compare to other PWG shows
So Cal Punk

Postby El Asian » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:23 pm

another random note point to point out, Alex Koslov, currently Peter Orlov in the WWE, was in the audience at the show as well
El Asian

Postby ozmania » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:11 pm

I'm just really happy that this messageboard doesn't represent the majority of the PWG fanbase.
ozmania

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm

ozmania wrote:I'm just really happy that this messageboard doesn't represent the majority of the PWG fanbase.

What does represent the majority of PWG fans? Have you personally talked to each fan at the show to find out their opinions?
krayzie Bone

Postby eldink » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:57 pm

i thought the show actually exceeded it's expectations...there were three single matches with wrestlers who are not in the pwg top twenty singles stars [ avalon.taylor,cage and romero ] but all their matches were fine...steen and davey was ruined by beer consumption but they worked hard...again, nothing was bad and unlike any other sporting event not one body left early..one cannot expect a home run show every time...both tags were exceptional...we need to lower our expectations and give someone the right to bounce the drunken assholes when necessary ...this card layed over dio...
eldink

Postby Braeg » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:27 pm

El Asian wrote:another random note point to point out, Alex Koslov, currently Peter Orlov in the WWE, was in the audience at the show as well

Ah, Rocky Romero doing the Russian dance kicks makes more sense now.
Braeg

Postby TheShaw » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 pm

I sat right behind the drunken douchebags chanting We Want Hero and well...

They weren't THAT bad. Obnoxious and drunk, sure, but not TOO stupid.
TheShaw

Postby ozmania » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:56 am

krayzie Bone wrote:
ozmania wrote:I'm just really happy that this messageboard doesn't represent the majority of the PWG fanbase.

What does represent the majority of PWG fans? Have you personally talked to each fan at the show to find out their opinions?

Just being at a live show, it's easy to see that the majority of the fans don't think the way some of the few on this board do. Again, PWG seems really happy with this show based on their twitter and Facebook posts. Do you think the company would be boasting so much about a show that they thought their fans thought or would think was mediocre? The company knows it's fans better than any if us do or else they wouldn't be in their 9th year of getting it right.
ozmania

Postby Gianto_Talbot » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 am

ozmania wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:

Just being at a live show, it's easy to see that the majority of the fans don't think the way some of the few on this board do. Again, PWG seems really happy with this show based on their twitter and Facebook posts. Do you think the company would be boasting so much about a show that they thought their fans thought or would think was mediocre? The company knows it's fans better than any if us do or else they wouldn't be in their 9th year of getting it right.

Haha. That's like saying this years wrestlemania was great because Stephanie McMahon said so on her website.
That's just an example. I haven't seen a wrestlemania for years. Maybe like 8-10. Wow time flies. Nor do I know what Stephanie McMahons exact role in the company is or if she has a website. So if you want to flame me for being a jerk, have at it. But please don't flAme me for my lack of knowledge about the WWF.
Gianto_Talbot

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum