Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October 22!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October 22!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October 22, 2011!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Pasadena, CA - Looking ahead to Saturday, October 22, 2011, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla celebrates Halloween with our pre-Halloween celebration, Steen Wolf! General Admission tickets are available at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Tickets Page!

Steen Wolf takes place on Saturday, October 22 at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. Tickets for this event are on sale now at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Tickets Page. Already scheduled to take place:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Ladder Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. El Generico (Challenger)

Singles Match
Ricochet vs. Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. "Azúcar" Rocky Romero

Plus, Davey Richards, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson, Los Luchas (Phoenix Star & Zokre), and the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla debuts of Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, and Ray Rosas, and much more!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place on Saturday, October 22, 2011, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are sold out, and General Admission tickets are $25 each. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on October 18, 2011, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Steen Wolf takes place October

Postby ajday » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:48 pm

First it was "Smells Like Steen Spirit" and now "Steen Wolf"?! Holy shit, these name are hilarious! I personally can't wait for "Not Another Steen Movie"
ajday

Postby camstun187 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:53 am

Cole/O'Reilley in a PWG ring.....thank fucking god
camstun187

Postby CrOwNMeKiNG23 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

Nice
CrOwNMeKiNG23

Postby SlayJ » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:32 pm

Man, I am digging the fact that PWG is starting to hype upcoming shows earlier like this. It gets me even more fired up for this Saturday catching a glimpse at what's to come next. O'Reilly & Cole coming in is a big plus. I mentioned O'Reilly a ways back in the "wrestlers you'd like to see" thread, so I'm happy to see it come to fruition. Add to that three of my top favorite current wrestlers in the world (Steen, Generico, Richards) and the best heat getters in PWG (Bucks) and it's pretty safe to say that PWG will be getting another $30 from me for Oct. 22.
SlayJ

Postby jboyaquar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:12 pm

After September I'm once more leaving the US for greener pastures. However, one of the five things I'll miss is attending PWG as my run of shows in late '10/'11 have been so impressive - even more so than many of the shows I saw back in '05-'07. Hopefully PWG will take advantage of the talent that will be in town to work for Jeff Katz's new promotion.

Adam Cole is an ideal example of something I wrote about in the BOLA thread. For his first six months in ROH he was just another impressive boy-worker who always came up short. However, in CZW, (a product, admittedly, I don't watch too often) he was a/the man. He's brash,cocky,exploiting his good looks to walk with a sexy if slutty valet, and winning titles/tournaments. It's not just that CZW desperately needed talent to fill up main event slots. They promote and encourage color - both in race And in personality. Despite improving in '11, ROH is nothing like its glory days of '04-'06. Maybe there are too many cooks in the kitchen but they are very fortunate in that their name still carries authorial weight throughout the wrestling world because they have not maximized merging the incredible talent that has filled their locker rooms with compelling, timely storylines and events.

Anyway, congrats to PWG for locking down dates well in advance. It's a sign that those in charge are currently, at least, content with their status.
jboyaquar

Postby El Asian » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:55 pm

yeah, I agree about Adam Cole, hopefully in PWG, he can be able to balance a mixture of his schtick in ROH and CZW, also I could probably see Cole and O'Reily face Ryan Taylor and Brian Cage-Taylor

as for Wrestling Revolution Project, if PWG can get some talent from there, especially if its running around the the same time period, I hope at least PWG can get Kenny Omega and Prince Devitt for this
El Asian

Postby jboyaquar » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:03 pm

re: Kenny Omega

I believe the 'powers that be' within PWG were Very ticked at Mr. Omega for backing out of his scheduled '10 "Kurt Russellreunion" title defense. I imagine that whenever a competitor consents to be given a company's world title they're expecting him to be in attendance for at least the next few shows. Kenny is an awesomely entertaining, dynamic competitor but he gives off a 'me-first/inconsiderate' vibe that's not at all charming. Outside of the very next show when he dropped the strap to Davey - he has yet to be booked for this federation.

Ironically the show Kenny skipped PWG for was his first big NJPW appearance. He was in a tag with Ibushi vs. two heel stalwarts, Gedo/Jado - who also happen to be two of the bookers for Japan's most consistently successful federation. Kenny's reckless and Jado learned all too well, injuring himself in a moveset that Omega initiated. It wasn't until this past 'Best of the Super Jr.'s' that Jado got revenge by defeating Omega. Omega snark-ily made reference to this in his post-match interview.

Although Omega is marketed in Japan as a 'daredevil,' his reputation took a spill after DDT's biggest event of the year in July '10, "Peter Pan @ Ryokyogu (sp?) Gymnasium (can seat maybe 13-15,000). Omega was placed in a high profile position in a singles match against NOAH's top babyface, Naomichi Marafuji. I'm uncertain who called the spot - but Omega was again reckless as Marafuji greatly injured his arm - an injury so bad that he's still out of action (though he briefly, if unimpressively returned for 6 months in early '11) It mujst be stressed that Marafuji is one of NOAH's top three stars, is ahead of every junior on their hierarchy, and is reputed to be their main booker. Either Kenny did not do enough to 'protect' Marafuji on that spot, or they were both unlucky. Though NJPW wasn't going to cancel Ibushi/Golden Lovers push (did hold the Jr. Tag straps for a bit in '11) because of this incident, it's obvious that Omega was devalued.

As evidence look to the this year's "Best of the Super Juniors." He was the only individual of Apollo 55/Golden Lovers to Not make it to the semi-finals. In addition he lost a singles match to Davey Richards - someone who has less tenure/time spent with the organization. (Davey was of course aligned with NOAH for most of his career/tenure matters a bit more to Japanese organizations than American)
In addition, I was angry, in the wrestling fan's 'mark' way, with Kenny for his comments about Davey pre-match. He insulted Davey, to paraphrase: "(Davey Richards) is only pushed because the NJPW office feels he is the second coming of the Dynamite Kid. Davey, noone cares about you-they have no reason to root for you..." Kenny's petulant comments were not only disrespectful but crossed the line.
The ultimate goal for any federation/any wrestler is to 'be over.' Kenny's comments did all they could to impugn Davey and lower his value in the eyes of the fans and office. It was selfish, jerky and also flashed his insecurity/sometimes lack of a team player (though he must be a team player considering how long he has been a part of the DDT team) because he 'went out on his own.' There are much better ways to raise your value against that of your opponent than a sincere and authentic attack of your opponent's weaknesses.

So I have mixed feelings about Omega - his PWG match with Danielson proves his ingenuity and entertainment value - but he's unreliable and injuries are prone to occur when Kenny's around.
jboyaquar

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:49 am

honestly, I doubt PWG would stop booking a guy because he worked Japan over PWG when while champion, since PWG still books Davey Richards, Low Ki, and Chris Hero, plus Omega is a bit more reliable than any other guys PWG has brought back before

anyways, Wrestling Revolution Project has announced their dates on October 11, 12. and 13, which is one week before Steen Wolf, if Omega and Devitt are available a week after, I still hope PWG can book them for this and I know there are other guys part of that as well but I'm just going with Omega and Devitt because who knows how schedules with Japan can be and try to take advantage of a situation in case those guys can be available for Steen Wolf
El Asian

Postby ajday » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:33 am

Speaking about having someone returning, B-Boy did say that he was free this weekend... Could we please see him, too? :D
ajday

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:23 pm

I would love an OMEGA return!!!! I miss watching Kenny!!! He was so sick!!! And all that other crap I read up top. It happens, but from the times I wrote and spoke to Kenny, he loved coming to PWG. He had a fun run here and we still want him back. We'd be selfish if we only kept a talent like him limited only to this part of the world. I do hope if he returns that he comes out a few times just like everyone else who comes and flies our way.

OMEGA! OMEGA! OMEGA!!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby jboyaquar » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:59 pm

El Asian & DjEn3rgy21: Though the circumstances differ with each wrestler, hopefully bygones will be bygones. Besides, Omega was highly complimentary towards PWG in the past contrasting how much fun he had in Reseda compared to the demands and style ROH was working at the time.

Unfortunately Prince Devitt has confirmed participation at PBW's Maximum Impact (UK fed) on the same day as 'Steen Wolf' so my pipe dream of Generico cashing in his BOLA victory to take on NJPW's premier Jr. Heavyweight is squashed.
jboyaquar

Postby b2u » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:01 pm

I wanna see:
Kevin Steen vs. The American Wolves in a 3 Way Match, It is Steen WOLF afterall
Generico vs. Ricochet II
PWG World Tag Titles: Young Bucks vs. Shelley and Strong
Future Shock vs. RockNES Monsters
b2u

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:13 pm

b2u wrote:I wanna see:
Kevin Steen vs. The American Wolves in a 3 Way Match, It is Steen WOLF afterall
Generico vs. Ricochet II
PWG World Tag Titles: Young Bucks vs. Shelley and Strong
Future Shock vs. RockNES Monsters

strong won't be able to make it. i think it's on his wedding night
So Cal Punk

Postby El Asian » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:34 pm

ajday wrote:Speaking about having someone returning, B-Boy did say that he was free this weekend... Could we please see him, too? :D

when you mean this weekend? Do you actually mean this weekend (which is the next PWG show this Saturday) or you mean the weekend Steen Wolf is coming up?
jboyaquar wrote:Unfortunately Prince Devitt has confirmed participation at PBW's Maximum Impact (UK fed) on the same day as 'Steen Wolf' so my pipe dream of Generico cashing in his BOLA victory to take on NJPW's premier Jr. Heavyweight is squashed.

damnit :cry:
So Cal Punk wrote:strong won't be able to make it. i think it's on his wedding night

I thought Strong's wedding night was this weekend
El Asian

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:43 am

El Asian wrote:I thought Strong's wedding night was this weekend

i think i heard him say at bola "the next show is the night of my bachlor party, then the show after that is my wedding night". that's what i heard.
So Cal Punk

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:47 am

So Cal Punk wrote:
El Asian wrote:I thought Strong's wedding night was this weekend

i think i heard him say at bola "the next show is the night of my bachlor party, then the show after that is my wedding night". that's what i heard.

I thought I heard this weekend... but either way both shows are looking great, anyone think Cole and O'riley may have singles matches?
eastbay510

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:19 am

jboyaquar wrote:El Asian & DjEn3rgy21: Though the circumstances differ with each wrestler, hopefully bygones will be bygones. Besides, Omega was highly complimentary towards PWG in the past contrasting how much fun he had in Reseda compared to the demands and style ROH was working at the time

That's the thing though, he really didn't leave on bad terms from what he was mentioning, just he was in demand and he loved going to Japan which is a long time dream for some. But he did always say he loved coming to California and PWG because the crowds were always so passionate and they treated him well. I wouldn't mind a few appearances just like when we finally got PAC. Once in a while for guys we know will be making some big impacts will be great to see. Makes them a bit more special.

It's just like the day we hope to see Tornado or Lost back even just one time. Special moments like that make PWG that place we love to come to! Plus they actually listen to the fans!!! So I know they are listening!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Facetious » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:14 pm

First match signed for Steen Wolf. Chuck Taylor will take on Ricochet!

*PleaseNoGroinInjury* *PleaseNoGroinInjury*

Also, Los Luchas will be making their return.
Facetious

Postby So Cal Punk » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Facetious wrote:First match signed for Steen Wolf. Chuck Taylor will take on Ricochet!

*PleaseNoGroinInjury* *PleaseNoGroinInjury*

Also, Los Luchas will be making their return.

LOS LUCHAS . . . meh

hell yeah chucky t back!
So Cal Punk

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum