Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 10!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's FEAR takes place on December 1

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:04 am

Meltman wrote:Image

This is the coolest DVD cover PWG's ever had. Fucking perfect.

Agreed 100%
SlayJ

Postby Derper » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:30 am

musdy wrote:Ordering Steen Wolf and FEAR now.

THIS.
Derper

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:00 am

Got done with watching Fear yesterday and it was a fantastic show to end the year. Togo vs. Generico was the off charts and the GWM obviously delivered. Maybe the best example from 2011 of two great matches to end a show that I've seen.
Garden State Saint

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 pm

I just got done watching FEAR, and this show is off the charts. It's better than Steen Wolf by a small margin; goes to show how amazing 2011 has been for PWG.

I liked all the matches except for Red/Strong. The opening tag was a good way of putting over the Taylors and they played off Cage vs. King from early 2011. The 8-person tag I heard was "too long" but to me it flew by. They kept the timing between comedy spots and "movez" really steady. This is one of the funniest matches ever. If Chikara wasn't afraid of offending people their multi-man matches would be like this. I loved how B-Boy came off like a badass the whole match.

Future Shock/RockNES was good. I hope FS's next match in PWG is against the Wolves. Speaking of, SSB vs. Wolves was an awesome fucking match. I loved the Wolves playing heels and the story of Uno's resilience the whole match. Uno really is a beast, I'd love to see him and Stupefied booked in a few singles matches this year. SSB vs. Appetite for Destruction is a must for 2012. I'd also love to see Steen vs. Uno and Steen vs. Stupefied down the line. I also hope they keep teaming the Wolves.

Togo vs. Generico ruled. They really meshed incredibly well and I loved Togo's whole shtick. The Guerrilla Warfare match is was goddamn crazy. I read some stuff about people bitching about chair shots in the show trailer. Well, there are even sicker chair shots (with "WWE-style" chairs) in the actual match. Super Dragon is crazy to take those headshots. Really sick shit, def go out of your way to see this match if you like hardcore stuff.

Really awesome show. Judging by the KRR3 card the streak of must-see DVDs will roll into 2012. PWG is the only company right now booking shit you never thought you'd see. They kick ass.

Also must-see: Steen giving the PWG Tag belt a Psycho Driver.
Meltman

Postby Meltman » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Forgot to write about Hero vs. Mack.

This match was stiff! Better than their match at 2011 BOLA in my opinion. Right from the start they beat the shit out of each other and it doesn't stop. Mack is really great at being an underdog for being a big dude. His selling of moves is amazing. This might be my favorite Willie Mack match ever.
Meltman

Postby DuckyChaos » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:01 am

Just finished watching the show tonight. Dug it, was a fantastic show. Wasn't sure what to expect since i read some live reports that people were a bit disappointed with the show. Opening tag match didn't do much for me, and the 7 man 1 woman tag match was a little long, but it still had some cool stuff in there (The PPA/B-Boy exchange for example). SSB VS AW was awesome, as much as I have disliked Davey lately. RockNES vs Future Shock was good too, although I wanted to see FS win. Good to see Willie Mack get the win over Hero, Generico Vs Togo was great, especially the ending. Main Event was crazy, I wasn't expecting Super Dragon to get so physical considering his history, but the guy goes all out no matter what. Steen is his usual brilliant self and the YB are great and I love to see them get their butts kicked.

Also cool to have Steen doing commentary on 3 matches, he's probably my favourite guest commentator they have at the moment. Hero and Ryan were good too, they all work well with Excalibur in different ways, Steen is more comedy/jokey while someone like Hero can get down into wrestling topics, moves, previous matches etc.
DuckyChaos

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum