WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: WrestleReunion 2012 ideas

Postby highspots » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:08 pm

All the wrestlereunion guests will be headed out of LA immediately after the breakfast on Sunday or red eyes on SAturday, none of them will be around by the time the PWG show starts unless they miss their flight. One of the reasons we're not having an autograph signing on Sunday this year was to accomodate the talent getting out earlier and "home" by Sunday night.

We don't anticipate PWG having 1200 people again at the show like last year when it was on Saturday but hopefully the PPV won't kill the entire crowd. PWG is going to have an incredible lineup without "the old guys". We're going out of our way to make sure the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday shows are all unique to one another.

Believe me, we wanted the end of the PWG show leading right into the PPV. The bar at the Westin will air the PPV (assuming we pay for it), but they only have a few small TVS around their bar, definitely cannot accommodate even 100 people. However, to basically bring that feed into the ballroom where the PWG show will be increases our AV costs by over $6000 (all due to the hotel AV department). The actual PPV fee is only $1500 (commercial license).
highspots

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:07 pm

highspots wrote:All the wrestlereunion guests will be headed out of LA immediately after the breakfast on Sunday or red eyes on SAturday, none of them will be around by the time the PWG show starts unless they miss their flight. One of the reasons we're not having an autograph signing on Sunday this year was to accomodate the talent getting out earlier and "home" by Sunday night.

We don't anticipate PWG having 1200 people again at the show like last year when it was on Saturday but hopefully the PPV won't kill the entire crowd. PWG is going to have an incredible lineup without "the old guys". We're going out of our way to make sure the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday shows are all unique to one another.

Believe me, we wanted the end of the PWG show leading right into the PPV. The bar at the Westin will air the PPV (assuming we pay for it), but they only have a few small TVS around their bar, definitely cannot accommodate even 100 people. However, to basically bring that feed into the ballroom where the PWG show will be increases our AV costs by over $6000 (all due to the hotel AV department). The actual PPV fee is only $1500 (commercial license).

yeah, I understand the issue, personally the only "old guys" I like to see work the PWG show is Finlay, since he worked PWG before, and Vader, because he's fucking Vader

as for the Royal Rumble, I personally would like to have the Royal Rumble be played after the PWG show in the ballroom but I understand with costs and although I would hope that fans at WrestleReunion would like to see a live wrestling show and then a live broadcast for one of the big PPV of the year for the price to see a PWG show at least, so I could assume that the attendance for that show could help sell the PWG that can air Royal Rumble after the PPV show but I can understand that it might not enough to get the PPV airing after the PWG show in the ballroom

also, even though she's not officially confirmed yet but is taking indy bookings, I want a match between Chuck Taylor vs. Gail Kim :mrgreen:
El Asian

Postby jdrouskirsh » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:10 pm

highspots wrote:All the wrestlereunion guests will be headed out of LA immediately after the breakfast on Sunday or red eyes on SAturday, none of them will be around by the time the PWG show starts unless they miss their flight. One of the reasons we're not having an autograph signing on Sunday this year was to accomodate the talent getting out earlier and "home" by Sunday night.

Why not just cover it by raising the prices for the PWG show...i think adding $15 or so to all the tickets would be completely reasonable and should cover it...
jdrouskirsh

Postby So Cal Punk » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 pm

i would be very greatful if you guys could get the ppv, so would many others.
So Cal Punk

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:06 am

So here's the complete VIP guest list for LA:

Rick and Scott Steiner*
Kevin Sullivan
Tommy Dreamer*
Carlos Colon*
The Godfather*
Big Van Vader*
Mikey Whipwreck*
Molly Holly
BG James and Billy Gunn*
Harry Smith*
Kevin Von Erich
Mick Foley
Nitro Girl Spice
Maryse
The Great Sasuke*

* = I understand they will be wrestling on the Saturday show.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Lord Akiyama » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I just saw from the ticket purchasing page for the Pro Wrestling Superstars show that a match has been booked:

Colt Cabana vs. Fit Finaly
in a World of Sports Rules Match
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:52 pm

Finlay vs. Cabana will definitely be interesting, especially in a World of Sport match, I wonder how many people in attendance would even get it

also, something I just found out on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast with Daniel Bryan that Colt Cabana will hosting another live Art of Wrestling episode for WrestleReunion
El Asian

Postby Lord Akiyama » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:07 am

Three more names added to the PWS card as listed on the HighSpots ticket page:

Christopher Daniels
"The Manscout" Jake Manning
Rock Riddle

I passed up on getting a pic with Rock Riddle, I ain't missing it this time. I thought the guy was awesome last time and that's largely because I saw him cut an awesome promo prior to the show.
Lord Akiyama

Postby El Asian » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:10 am

let's be honest, it wouldn't be WrestleReunion without Rock Riddle :mrgreen:

some news from PWG's twitter concerning on who's confirmed to work the PWG show from Dragon Gate

BxB Hulk
Masaaki Mochizuki
CIMA
Naruki Doi
Susumu Yokosuka
PAC
Akira Tozawa
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 am

El Asian wrote:let's be honest, it wouldn't be WrestleReunion without Rock Riddle :mrgreen:

some news from PWG's twitter concerning on who's confirmed to work the PWG show from Dragon Gate

BxB Hulk
Masaaki Mochizuki
CIMA
Naruki Doi
Susumu Yokosuka
PAC
Akira Tozawa

I sure hope PWG books the new Dragon Gate champ
eastbay510

Postby Lord Akiyama » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:09 am

As soon as I saw Mochi's name, I flipped. Been dying for his appearance since I snagged his DVD from CIMA and the gang during BoLA '07. 8)
Lord Akiyama

Postby b2u » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:26 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
El Asian wrote:let's be honest, it wouldn't be WrestleReunion without Rock Riddle :mrgreen:

BxB Hulk
Masaaki Mochizuki
CIMA
Naruki Doi
Susumu Yokosuka
PAC
Akira Tozawa

Did Mochi lose the Dream Gate? I must have missed that. Anyways, new predictions, still disappointed no YAMATO or Shingo. Maybe YAMATO is on a hiatus for the US in 2012 like Shingo was for 2011:

CIMA and Akira Tozawa vs. The Young Bucks
Naruki Doi and BxB Hulk vs. Future Shock
Mochizuki vs. Willie Mack
PAC vs. Generico vs. Ricochet for the PWG Title
American Wolves vs. Apatite for Destruction for the PWG Tag Team Titles
RockNES Monsters and Susumu Yokosuka vs. The Fightin' Taylor Boys
The Dynasty vs. Super Smash Brothers vs. Famous B and Chris Cadilak vs. Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas
b2u

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:51 am

b2u wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

BxB Hulk
Masaaki Mochizuki
CIMA
Naruki Doi
Susumu Yokosuka
PAC
Akira Tozawa

Did Mochi lose the Dream Gate? I must have missed that. Anyways, new predictions, still disappointed no YAMATO or Shingo. Maybe YAMATO is on a hiatus for the US in 2012 like Shingo was for 2011:

CIMA and Akira Tozawa vs. The Young Bucks
Naruki Doi and BxB Hulk vs. Future Shock
Mochizuki vs. Willie Mack
PAC vs. Generico vs. Ricochet for the PWG Title
American Wolves vs. Apatite for Destruction for the PWG Tag Team Titles
RockNES Monsters and Susumu Yokosuka vs. The Fightin' Taylor Boys
The Dynasty vs. Super Smash Brothers vs. Famous B and Chris Cadilak vs. Peter Avalon and Ray Rosas

Spoiler: show
Gargano beat yamato on sunday
eastbay510

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 am

When talking DG titles, you need to specify. The top title in Dragon Gate is Dream Gate, which Mochi holds. You're talking about Freedom Gate, the DGUSA singles title.
Lord Akiyama

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:48 am

Lord Akiyama wrote:When talking DG titles, you need to specify. The top title in Dragon Gate is Dream Gate, which Mochi holds. You're talking about Freedom Gate, the DGUSA singles title.

My bad, I forgot to put the USA at the end, also I get all the names mixed up
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:52 pm

a match I like to see for the PWG show, American Wolves vs. the one night only reunion of Speed Muscle
El Asian

Postby Garden State Saint » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:00 pm

b2u wrote:Naruki Doi and BxB Hulk vs. Future Shock

I would be surprised if Cole & O'Reilly worked that match.
Garden State Saint

Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:32 pm

WrestleReunion announced a couple of programs set for Friday morning and afternoon prior to the DGUSA show. All these programs are exclusive to attendees with VIP tickets only.

- For the second straight year, they will be doing a live recording of the Art of Wrestling podcast hosted by Colt Cabana. I read that the first time they did this audiences were rolling on the floor in stitches.

- Arena Chicks will be doing a mini-show sometime before the DGUSA show. Matches to be determined in the weeks to come. Amber O'Neal, Shelly Martinez, and Angel Orsini have been announced as appearing at the convention, so those three are likely to be participating. Shelly will also be doing a bikini photo op with Nitro Girl Spice.

- Mike Lano will be hosting a retrospective program on the Los Angeles territorial wrestling scene. Pictures and video clips will be shown as part of the presentation.

They're also trying to get clearance from WWE to do some Mick Foley programs. One is scheduling a stand-up comedy show sometime on Friday. The other is a Three Faces of Foley deluxe photo op where fans get to have their picture taken with Foley, selecting which of his three personas he would be as.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Johnny Gargano and Ricochet have been confirmed for the DGUSA show, though it hasn't been said if they will participate on the other shows.
Lord Akiyama

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:WrestleReunion announced a couple of programs set for Friday morning and afternoon prior to the DGUSA show. All these programs are exclusive to attendees with VIP tickets only.

- For the second straight year, they will be doing a live recording of the Art of Wrestling podcast hosted by Colt Cabana. I read that the first time they did this audiences were rolling on the floor in stitches.

- Arena Chicks will be doing a mini-show sometime before the DGUSA show. Matches to be determined in the weeks to come. Amber O'Neal, Shelly Martinez, and Angel Orsini have been announced as appearing at the convention, so those three are likely to be participating. Shelly will also be doing a bikini photo op with Nitro Girl Spice.

- Mike Lano will be hosting a retrospective program on the Los Angeles territorial wrestling scene. Pictures and video clips will be shown as part of the presentation.

They're also trying to get clearance from WWE to do some Mick Foley programs. One is scheduling a stand-up comedy show sometime on Friday. The other is a Three Faces of Foley deluxe photo op where fans get to have their picture taken with Foley, selecting which of his three personas he would be as.

It would be awesome to get in the same shot Dude Love and Shelly Martinez in a bikini.
Garden State Saint

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum