DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Tickets On Sale & All 8 Teams!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's annual tag team tournament spectacular, DDT4, takes place on Saturday, April 21 at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. The first round match-ups have been revealed over at the DDT4 mini-site:

Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly - 1st DDT4) vs. The Dynasty (Joey Ryan [3rd DDT4] & Scorpio Sky [2nd DDT4])

Sami Callihan (1st DDT4) & Roderick Strong (5th DDT4) vs. Appetite for Destruction (Super Dragon [3rd DDT4] & Kevin Steen [3rd DDT4])

The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson [4th DDT4]) vs. Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied [1st DDT4])

RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma [2nd DDT4]) vs. Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor [1st DDT4] & Ryan Taylor [2nd DDT4])

Click here for tickets and DDT4 tournament information!

Check back soon for information about the non-tournament bouts taking place at DDT4!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 takes place on Saturday, April 21, 2012, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30, and General Admission tickets are $25. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on April 17, 2012, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change. Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Tickets On Sale & 1st Round!

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 pm

My Predictions :
Future Shock over The Dynasty
S.S.B over The Young Bucks
Rockness Monsters over Fightin Taylor Boys
Strong and Callihan over Steen and Dragon
If it goes this way in the second round
Strong and Callihan over Future Shock
Rockness Monsters over S.S.B ( I really would love to see S.S.B Go farther )

Final : Rockness Monsters over Strong and Callihan
Main Event : Steen over Generico
ShadowMaster

Postby So Cal Punk » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:25 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:My Predictions :

this is my predictions exactly, except i don't think steen vs generico will happen at this show.
So Cal Punk

Postby leninrocks » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:35 pm

If we get a Generico/Steen match I am going to fucking freak out.
leninrocks

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:03 am

Nice call..
Im still working on my predictions, but Imma go on a 'limb' here and say Super Smash Brothers get eliminated in the 1st round. I know SSB have got some 'steam' behind them right now, but The bucks have been in the DDT4 Finals 3 years in a row.... I am not saying they are going to win, but I dont see them getting out that early in the tournament.
The_Sharpshooter

Postby ajday » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:30 am

So Cal Punk wrote:Name idea for Sami Callihan & Roderick Strong's tag team: Dirty Ugly Truth

... also Back Breaking Fucks

I'm so going to use the "Back Breaking Fucks"

Since we only have the opening round match ups with no definite further rounds, the possibilities for match ups would give us 24 different ways. I'd like to think that the bracket is given just like how it is perceived, so that's how I'll work out it out.

Appetite for Destruction over Brack Breaking Fucks
Young Bucks over Super Smash Bros.
RockNES Monsters over Fightin' Taylor Boys

Appetite for Destruction over Future Shock
Young Bucks over RockNES Monsters

Young Bucks over Appetite for Destruction

The only reason why I say it goes down like this is for the change of titles that night. I hope that the titles are once again put on the line throughout the tournament, and if that is true, I can see them dropping the titles to either Future Shock or The Dynasty IF the match ups reflect the bracket. In the end, though, I see the Bucks walking away with the titles. As much as there is a bandwagon behind RockNES, I just don't see them getting them getting past the second round UNLESS they happen to go against The Dynasty. In my opinion, that's the only team I can see them going over in the second round.

But that's just my opinion, after all.
ajday

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 am

The_Sharpshooter wrote:

Nice call..
Im still working on my predictions, but Imma go on a 'limb' here and say Super Smash Brothers get eliminated in the 1st round. I know SSB have got some 'steam' behind them right now, but The bucks have been in the DDT4 Finals 3 years in a row.... I am not saying they are going to win, but I dont see them getting out that early in the tournament.

I was thinking the same thing , thats the only pick that if i'm wrong i'm gonna be sitting in my seat saying " I saw that coming "
ShadowMaster

Postby leninrocks » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:11 pm

Flight and tickets bought. I am ready for PWG!
leninrocks

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:04 am

Recently rewatched the original DDT4 and would like to pass along the following.....

"If Joey Ryan is the Technical Wizard then American Dragon is the Dumbledore of professional wrestling." -Excalibur
Garden State Saint

Postby Itchypanda » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:19 am

I'm guessing Steen and Dragon get eliminated early. Young Bucks get eliminated early. Dragon injury angle. Steen vs. Young Bucks in a title handicap match. Bucks win. The winners (Super Smash Brothers???) of the tourney demand their title shot right away and win the titles. Armchair booking is easy. I'm sure the real deal will be better than my prediction.

The only reason I think SSB might win it is that a RockNES/SSB match at the anniversary show (NINE) would be incredible with RockNES finally bringing it home.
Itchypanda

Postby So Cal Punk » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Itchypanda wrote: anniversary show (NINE)

NO! The anniversary show will be called Threemendous III or I'm gonna start steenalizing people!
So Cal Punk

Postby Garden State Saint » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:22 pm

So Cal Punk wrote:
Itchypanda wrote: anniversary show (NINE)

NO! The anniversary show will be called Threemendous III or I'm gonna start steenalizing people!

Who was the genius that thought of Threemendous III? 8) :lol:
Garden State Saint

DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:36 pm

A few weeks ago, after sustaining an injury during training, it was discovered that Super Dragon had fractured his heel. Despite his doctor's advice against it, Dragon fully intended upon defending the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship titles at DDT4, alongside his partner and current World Champion Kevin Steen. Regrettably, due to a setback in recovery, Super Dragon will be unable to compete at DDT4, and therefore the World Tag Team Championship will not be defended on April 21 in Reseda, CA. Instead, the winners of DDT4 will be guaranteed the very next title shot against Appetite for Destruction (Dragon & Steen).

Now that Appetite for Destruction is out of DDT4, double-crown champion "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen has laid out an open challenge, inviting anyone in the world to take a shot at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship. While it is possible that Steen's new Twitter buddy Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson may step up and challenge for the title, it is also possible that the reanimated corpse of former American President Abraham Lincoln may rise from the grave to do battle at DDT4. We believe the chances of either of those things happening is more or less equal. If you haven't already, order your tickets for DDT4 right now for the extremely remote chance of seeing "The Great Emancipator" crowned Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion!

With Super Dragon out and Kevin Steen defending the World Championship, that leaves Roderick Strong and the debuting Sami Callihan without opponents for the opening round of DDT4.

Well, not for long, anyway.

Facing Callihan and Strong in the First Round will be the team of former World Champion and World Tag Team Champion, El Generico, and his hand-picked partner, Willie Mack. While Generico is well-versed in the ways of tag team wrestling (a five-time former World Tag Team Champion, and 2010 DDT4 winner), this will only be Willie Mack's second entry into the tournament, and first time ever teaming with El Generico. Willie Mack does bring a recent singles victory over Roderick Strong to the team, but he and Generico may be feeling immense pressure due to this late entry into the tournament. After all, Callihan & Strong were the first team announced for the tournament, and a team that many expected to be in the finals, even after the remaining teams were announced.

While injuries are an unpredictable and unavoidable part of professional wrestling, we appreciate the understanding of our fans in regard to the changes being made to DDT4.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's DDT4 takes place on Saturday, April 21, 2012, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30, and General Admission tickets are $25. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on April 17, 2012, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable. Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change. Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: DDT4 takes place on 4/21! Important Update

Postby El Asian » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:56 am

really sucks about Super Dragon though but Mack and Generico are good replacements and looking forward to whoever challenges Steen for the title, hopefully its a 3way with The Rock and Abraham Washington as well :mrgreen:
El Asian

Postby leninrocks » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:00 am

As much as I wanted to see Super Dragon I wanted El Generico more. OLE!
leninrocks

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 pm

Well this just got interesting, a newly formed latter version of "2 Skinny Black Guys"? Generico and Mack should be great tho!!! Also wonder who Steen will face? Abraham Lincoln is a Vampire Hunter remember, not a zombie!!! Wiki it.... lol

I wonder what surprises are in store for me this time!!!
DjEn3rgy21

Postby SlayJ » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Hmmmm, I wonder what the odds are of Steen's open challenge being accepted by a certain little bad ass Japanese ex-partner of his? Probably not likely. But that would be a crazy moment seeing Tozawa show up to challenge his mentor while the crowd goes apeshit!

I just hope it's somebody fresh popping up out of the blue like a Colt Cabana or Kenny Omega. I feel like Steen has faced off with pretty much all the big guns in the past year (Generico, Richards, Edwards, Mack) and it would be cool to get something unexpected here.

Just over two weeks away!!!
SlayJ

Postby BOLA4ever » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:27 pm

i want to see TJP take on Steen
they have never wrestled before if not
COLT CABANA!
BOLA4ever

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:18 am

Realistically, I think too many people are expecting Sami Callihan take on Steen. I would love to see it because I don't think Sami will be in the indies for much longer.
Itchypanda

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:49 pm

No Super Dragon?!?! F%ck!!! :evil:

Here are my predictions:

Roderick Strong & Sami Callihan DEF. El Generico & Willie Mack
Future Shock DEF. The Dynasty
Young Bucks DEF. Super Smash Brothers
RockNES Monsters DEF. The Fightin' Taylor Boys

Young Bucks DEF. Roderick Strong & Sami Callihan
RockNES Monsters DEF. Future Shock

RockNES Monsters DEF. Young Bucks

Steen DEF. Mack (I have Mack challenging Steen. He will lose, leading him to win 'BOLA' like some on here have suggested.) :mrgreen:
The_Sharpshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum