Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:59 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!
By Silverback, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Staff Writer

Hollywood, CA - Nine years is a long time. Think about what you were doing nine years ago. Sitting at home, playing Sim City on Super Nintendo while listening to Stryper on your Walkman. Whatever, we're bad with dates, but that seems like something you'd be doing nine years ago. Then you know what happened? Pro Wrestling Guerrilla came along and made your life better. Now you're eagerly anticipating Sim City for PC while listening to Carly Rae Jepsen on your iPhone. The future is a magical place, and it's all thanks to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. You're welcome.

"Oh, great and wonderful Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, how can I show you how much I appreciate all that you've given me?" you cry out from deep within your "Call Me Maybe"-induced reverie. "Easy," answers a disembodied voice, seemingly emanating from everywhere and nowhere all at one, "go to http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com and order one of every DVD. And buy tickets for Threemendous III while you're at it." Without being able to identify the source of the voice, you begin speaking earnestly to your television, "I will do exactly that! A million times thank you, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla!" The voice answers once again, "No, thank you, avid fan. Without you, none of this would have been possible. Also, maybe consider laying off the drugs."

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's ninth anniversary event, Threemendous III, takes place on Saturday, July 21, 2012, at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30, and General Admission tickets are $25. Threemendous III is scheduled to feature:

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship Title Three-Way Ladder Match
Super Smash Bros. (Player Uno & Stupefied - Champions) vs. Future Shock (Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly - Challengers) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson - Challengers)

-- If the fans of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla have learned one thing in the past nine years, it is that we are globe-trotting, trend-setting bon vivants that have seen a million faces and rocked them all. If there are two things the fans have learned, it is that the word of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Senior Official Rick Knox is law. If Pro Wrestling Guerrilla were Mega-City One, Rick Knox would not be Judge Dredd, he would be Chief Judge Rick Knox, because he is inimitable, as well as beyond reproach. Just about everyone would agree with that assessment of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's top lawman except for two men: former World Tag Team Champions Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely." This was on the cover of the 39-page document that arrived at the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla offices last week, hand delivered by The Young Bucks' legal counsel, Mr. Malachi Jackson, Esq. The brief detailed accusations of rampant corruption and abuses of power by the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla officials throughout the years, citing most recently the physical involvement of Rick Knox in the World Tag Team Championship Title Match against Super Smash Brothers at Death to All But Metal. Physical involvement which The Young Bucks argue played a direct result in costing them the match and the titles. The suit then went on to demand that Rick Knox be immediately removed from his position as Senior Official and suspended indefinitely, that Player Uno and Stupefied be stripped of the World Tag Team Championship titles, and that The Young Bucks be given a $100,000 cash settlement for "damages."

Since we here at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla love Rick Knox almost as much as unreasonably large sums of money, our general counsel made a counter offer to The Young Bucks: an opportunity to face the Super Smash Brothers on July 21 at Threemendous III. On behalf of The Young Bucks, Malachi Jackson, Esq. immediately accepted the rematch, and while leaving our offices, stole a water bottle, a banana, and a 6-week-old issue of Entertainment Weekly. It was at this point that we began to suspect that he was not really an attorney.

Unbeknownst to the Bucks, the Player Uno and Stupefied were originally scheduled to face Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly, Future Shock, at Threemendous III in the first title defense. However, since the last time the Bucks and Smash Bros. faced off was in a No Disqualification Match, the only way to up the ante for this rivalry was to have the first-ever three-way Ladder Match for the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Championship titles! Granted, we'll probably have to spend $100,000 on repairs to the building after this match, but it's better than giving it directly to The Young Bucks.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
"Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen (Champion) vs. Willie Mack (Challenger)

-- When looking back at the first nine years of Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, it is impossible to overlook the meteoric rise of World Champion "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen. Only five months after his debut he was already challenging for the World Championship. Just four months after that he successfully captured his first World Championships. From that point on, Steen climbed higher and higher in the world of professional wrestling, but managed to cast an indelible shadow on Pro Wrestling Guerrilla. Despite living 3,000 miles from Los Angeles, Kevin Steen feels most at home in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, a fact that is readily apparent to the fans in every single Kevin Steen match.

One fan that witnessed the evolution of "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen from his first match in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla to this, his third reign as World Champion, is his challenger at Threemendous III, Willie Mack. Often spotted sitting front row during the early part of Steen's Pro Wrestling Guerrilla career, Willie Mack is proof positive that hard work and dedication pay off. Sure, it might be a cliché, but that's because it's true. Willie Mack began training as a professional wrestler with one goal in mind: become Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Champion. And now he is just a single match away from matching one of the most astonishing rises Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has ever seen.

In the nineteen months since his Pro Wrestling Guerrilla debut, Willie Mack has competed in a Battle of Los Angeles, two DDT4s (reaching the finals with El Generico this year), and defeated a veritable who's who of professional wrestling: Roderick Strong, Naruki Doi, Chris Hero (twice), "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin, and perhaps most importantly, "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen. Can Willie Mack repeat the success he had against former World Champion Chris Hero and come away with a second victory over Kevin Steen, this time with the title on the line? Or will Kevin Steen prove why he is one of the most important professional wrestlers that Pro Wrestling Guerrilla has ever seen by making his third title reign his most significant yet?

Singles Match
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Sami Callihan

Tag Team Match
RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) vs. Fightin' Taylor Boys (Chuck Taylor & Ryan Taylor)

Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Roderick Strong

Singles Match
Brian Cage vs. Eddie Edwards

Singles Match
B-Boy vs. Drake Younger

Singles Match
Famous B vs. Joey Ryan

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Threemendous III takes place on Saturday, July 21, 2012, at 8:00 PM at American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $30, and General Admission tickets are $25. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on July 17, 2012, at 11:59PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable.

Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change. Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Re: Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Postby BOLA4ever » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:01 pm

GOT MY TICKETS!!!
STACKED CARD I CANT WAIT FRONT ROW!!!!!!!
BOLA4ever

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Got my Tickets

Holy Mother of God! What a card! Ladder Match! Steen vs Mack! Elgin vs Callihan!
The Franchise13

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Holy Santa Claus shit! What a fucking card!!!
abouttreefitty350

Postby Itchypanda » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:06 pm

This is a super-stacked single night. Wow. Just, wow.
Itchypanda

Postby The Franchise13 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:06 pm

9 Year Anniversary... And no El Generico :cry:
The Franchise13

Postby loserkings007 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:09 pm

What a card... Can't wait. Got me some Front Row tickets. But yes, sad on the no El Generico :(
loserkings007

Postby rohgenextfan » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:21 pm

loserkings007 wrote:What a card... Can't wait. Got me some Front Row tickets. But yes, sad on the no El Generico :(

Do I smell a three way title match? Steen vs Mack vs Generico?
rohgenextfan

Postby lunatic903 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:22 pm

A THREE WAY LADDER MATCH EPIC GOT FRONT ROW cant wait
lunatic903

Postby ajday » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:24 pm

Are you fucking kidding me?! Holy fucking shit! What a card!

You truly outdid yourselves, PWG. Holy fuck.

Michael Elgin vs. Sami Callihan?!

Rocknes vs. Fightin' Taylor Boys?!

B-Boy vs. Drake Younger?!

And that's just the undercard that damn near one-ups DTABM in my opinion. Wowsers.

I am jealous of everyone who attends this show.
ajday

Postby loserkings007 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Looks like they sold out front row in just 8 minutes...like a boss.
loserkings007

Postby SlayJ » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:30 pm

What can you say? It's another unbelievable card! So much awesome potential up and down the line-up. I'm stoked that Chuck Taylor is back! He's one of my favorite wrestlers in the universe, so that is a big thumbs up. But yeah, it is so weird to not see El Generico's name on the card. I almost can't imagine him not wrestling. I suppose he may be booked elsewhere since he's a pretty in demand guy. But if there's any way to get him on the show, I hope it happens.

The three way tag team Ladder Match already has me running for cover...and the show is a month and a half away! Holy crap that is going to be INSANE!!! Cannot wait!
SlayJ

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:35 pm

I'm really looking forward to Brian Cage vs. Eddie Edwards.
abouttreefitty350

Postby krayzie Bone » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:40 pm

Best card as of yet this year. Really glad to see Drake Younger in PWG. B Boy and Drake is gonna be incredible. Sami vs Elgin another one I cannot wait for. Ladder match with those three teams, someone is gonna die. This looks to be the show of the year candidate for sure.
krayzie Bone

Postby AndyDiaz » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:42 pm

This card is literally mind boggling. I've seen the preview for dtabm(many times) and I thought that blow my mind, but I think that PWG somehow, someway out did themselves
AndyDiaz

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:48 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:Singles Match
TJ Perkins vs. Roderick Strong

The long awaited rematch from the first Threemendous?
TigerDriver98

Postby luca brasi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:49 pm

Me like!
And yes... Generico will be in the Land of the Rising Sun end of July. Sadly international bookings were scheduled before the anniversary show's date was confirmed.
luca brasi

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:06 am

They might as well call this show Steen Wolf 2 holy shit this is gonna be fucking awesome!!! Thank you so much Excalibur for booking Edwards vs Cage, thats the match Ive wanting to see so badly. every match has the potential to be great to amazing, I can not fucking wait.

P.S... DRAKE MOTHER FUCKING YOUNGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eastbay510

Postby krayzie Bone » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:25 am

Generico is awesome but we see him on every show, this time PWG brings in guys we don't see too often and makes unique matches that you can only see in PWG.
krayzie Bone

Postby Facetious » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:49 am

Drake Younger in PWG? And it is against B-Boy? SICK. The card looks amazing.
Facetious

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum