Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Postby PhenomenalTLD » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:34 am

ShapeShifter75 wrote:Awesome Card!!

But Drake younger?

I like that there's someone new on the last couple of shows but Drake Younger?

No Johnny Gargano?

Not complaining, well maybe tiny bit, but PWG fans have been asking for Gargano for awhile now and now we get Drake Younger!

ah well I'll just say again Awesome Card!!

There's a really good reason why it's Drake Younger. He's moving out to the west coast, so HOPEFULLY, this won't be a one time appearance. HOPEFULLY, he'll be in PWG from here on out, every month. Drake is that good.
PhenomenalTLD

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:21 am

Since this show is so far away can we please get some promos? I think it would add a lot if Steen and Willie talked about each other, this the biggest World Title match in quite some time.
eastbay510

Postby BOLA4ever » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:09 pm

can someone link me a match where drake younger doesnt do that deathmatch stuff please?
BOLA4ever

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 pm

BOLA4ever wrote:can someone link me a match where drake younger doesnt do that deathmatch stuff please?

Order IWA Mid South TPI 08, Drake won that tournament, TPI is basically IWA's version of BOLA. No death matches, just great wrestling. Some of the best wrestlers in the world participated in TPI's such as AJ Styles who won TPI 04. Just about every big name ROH wrestler was at one point or another in TPI.

I didn't know Drake is moving to the West Coast but it is indeed good news. I hope PWG uses his regularly. And also because he can do death matches, I hope they create an angle that leads him to fight in Guerrilla Warfare match eventually.
krayzie Bone

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:46 pm

With Drake its gonna be just like with any other new wrestler in PWG, at first the fans bitch and complain about it, but then when they see that wrestler perform they quickly change their minds and jump on the bandwagon, same was with Cage and Callahan. lol
krayzie Bone

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 pm

ad.breed wrote:The graphic hurts my drunken eyes........ Fucking great to have Drake in PWG though!!!!

yeah, I think someone in PWG is a fan of the film, Prometheus

now as for Drake himself, I think he'll do fine, putting him against B-Boy is the best possible way to really showcase in front the PWG crowd since, as mentioned before, B-Boy and Drake had some history with each other in CZW
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:44 pm

It's insane looking at this card on how stacked it is . I mean not only is there 3 headliner Main Events , but with the match of Edwards/ Cage and Rocknes v.s The Taylor Boys the house is gonna come down . I am a little curious how gnarly the Drake v.s B-Boy will get if any . I have been watching most of the videos on youtube and the guy can wrestle and i'm not basing that just on he's death match's . Now on to he's death match's Holy Shit that can take some serious bumps . Can't wait till the 21st of July .
ShadowMaster

Postby krayzie Bone » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Besides the ladder match, Drake vs B Boy is the match I'm looking forward to the most. Because I know what they can do and I have seen their matches. Drake might be new to California fans, but certainly not me.
krayzie Bone

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:46 am

i like drake and feel he's a good addition to any roster because he can play any role you want him to, he can be the up an comer, the grizzled vet, the underdog, the cowardly heel, the champ or the challenger and do any of them well. and if they don't even have to fly him in it would be foolish not to use the guy.

PWG's roster is getting pretty big though, they're going to have to do a lot of 3 way tags and 8man matches just to get everybody on. notice no kadillak, rosas, avalon, candice, or scorpio.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:46 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i like drake and feel he's a good addition to any roster because he can play any role you want him to, he can be the up an comer, the grizzled vet, the underdog, the cowardly heel, the champ or the challenger and do any of them well. and if they don't even have to fly him in it would be foolish not to use the guy.

PWG's roster is getting pretty big though, they're going to have to do a lot of 3 way tags and 8man matches just to get everybody on. notice no kadillak, rosas, avalon, candice, or scorpio.

With so many hard-hitting matches on the show (B-Boy v Younger, Elgin v Callihan, Steen v Mack, Strong v Perkins, Cage v Edwards) and a lack of flyers such as Generico and Ricochet, I think it would've been nice to throw Kadillak and Scorpio into the mix and make Joey Ryan vs Famous B a tag team match. I know that there will be a ton of insane high spots in the main event, but adding a fun little high flying spectacle with Kadillak & Famous B against Joey & Scorp would really help balance things out early on in the show. And beyond that, I think on an Anniversary show a guy like Scorpio Sky should be included since he is one of the PWG originals from way back.
SlayJ

Postby @ROHCODE » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Really trying to make it across the country to this show
@ROHCODE

Postby lunatic903 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 am

eastbay510 wrote:Since this show is so far away can we please get some promos? I think it would add a lot if Steen and Willie talked about each other, this the biggest World Title match in quite some time.

i completely agree they should do more youtube promo videos get hype out there for their shows
lunatic903

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:45 am

lunatic903 wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Since this show is so far away can we please get some promos? I think it would add a lot if Steen and Willie talked about each other, this the biggest World Title match in quite some time.

i completely agree they should do more youtube promo videos get hype out there for their shows

I really dont care if they do it for other shows, I just want to see a Willie Mack promo for this match. This is the biggest title match in a long time, he gets a "next world champ" chant during every match, and Im sure a lot of people are expecting a title change (myself included). I feel like this match in particular should get some special attention.
eastbay510

Postby pwaddict85 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:18 am

I think promos before the show in this day and age should be very possible. it's not like PWG has to have big production. Just tell the guys to use a Webcam and boom you got a promo. Since Willie Mack and several others are based in the area, to me their is no reason to bring them in and shoot a promo on a cheap camera as well.
pwaddict85

Postby Meltman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:42 am

It's too soon for Willie to win the belt, Steen still has a lot of potential "only in PWG" defenses (Ricochet, Chuck, Generico, PAC, Uno, Stupefied, Joey) to have.

But I'm all for Willie winning BOLA this year to rebuild him for a title shot.
Meltman

Postby pwaddict85 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:51 am

i could go for Ricochet, or Chuck Taylor title match but Steen and Generico wrestle so much, I think they could use a break. Not that they don't have great matches, they do but you don't want that to be seen as a crutch for both.. They can have great matches with others.
pwaddict85

Postby Meltman » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:35 pm

pwaddict85 wrote:i could go for Ricochet, or Chuck Taylor title match but Steen and Generico wrestle so much, I think they could use a break. Not that they don't have great matches, they do but you don't want that to be seen as a crutch for both.. They can have great matches with others.

Who the fuck would see that as a crutch at this point? It's not like back in 2005 when they wrestled each other all over the States. Nowadays it's a treat to get any sort of Steen/Generico interaction. Now that ROH fucked up by letting Generico go, only PWG can still have them interact.
Meltman

Postby El Asian » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:48 pm

personally, I really hope the Steen and Generico feud in PWG eventually culminates into an Iron Man match, if there are 2 guys that can have an incredible match for 60 minutes, it be Generico and Steen
El Asian

Postby Meltman » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:34 am

El Asian wrote:personally, I really hope the Steen and Generico feud in PWG eventually culminates into an Iron Man match, if there are 2 guys that can have an incredible match for 60 minutes, it be Generico and Steen

Iron Man would be cool. It's been a long, long time since the last one (was it Styles vs. Daniels)?

My most-wanted stipulation Steen/Generico matches are either Steel Cage (PWG has done these a lot) or something like Falls Count Anywhere. Imagine all the sick outside spots if they ever did FCA.
Meltman

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:06 pm

SlayJ wrote:
loserkings007 wrote:
BayAreaPWGFan wrote:Front row tickets sold out in 1 day?!?!

Sold out in 8 minutes.

And Super Dragon is still injured so they vacated the titles.

Speaking of Mr. Super Dragon, what are the odds that he might be a tad bit peeved (well it's 100% he'll be peeved about something)...but a tad bit peeved that his Tag Team Champion partner simply gave up the belts like they didn't mean squat and went on to win the PWG Title? Just because El Generico isn't going to be in Reseda on July 21st doesn't mean the other most important masked man in PWG history won't. And with a show title like Threemendous, I don't think a 2nd 3-way title match would be out of the question. With the kind of nuclear heat that could re-emerge between Steen and Dragon, I could definitely see Willie Mack taking advantage of the situation and getting his hands on some gold. Just a thought. Maybe it'll remain a straight up match between Steen and Mack. But something tells me it won't be as simple as that.

You mean the titles that meant so much to them that they ripped them up and spit on them after they beat the Young Bucks?
BayAreaPWGFan

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum