Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Threemendous III Takes Place Saturday, July 21!

Postby luca brasi » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:16 am

amazing show! Every single match was great. And the crowd was hyped through IT ALL. Fnatastic crowd.
Someone somehwere said attendance was around 400... way more! The presale tickets alone counted 375, and then there were probably 200 more after that. PACKED house.
Joey-Famous B was a solid opener, with Joey winning with the Tazmission... B looked good as well, sold the shit out of the tazmission
Roddy/TJ was great as well. Very fluid, no missteps or anything, no wasted motion... TJ looked impressive, he and Roddy work well together. Finish was S I C K
RockNES vs Taylors was good, Taylors are so over it made great sense to have the Monsters start showing heel tendencies. They need to crank up the bad guy image!
Casge/Edwards was a surprise for me, way better than I thought. Cage is getting better and better
Mack vs Steen was as good as we hoped, and the interplay with Cage was a good move to keep everyone strong and set up many possibilities. Crowd popped huge for Cage's run in(s)
Darke BBoy kinda stole the show. I hope Drake comes back, I really really liked this match. Sure there were a lot of kick outs after sick head drops and no selling of shining wizards but it came across well. I'm glad his debut was so awesome.
Elgin and Sami was stiff as hell with some nice big moves in there. The guy in the crowd was a DICK. He kept saying "this is too long" and "end it already" and when people chanted "this is awesome" he replied "no it's not" I think he kept it going cuz he knew it was pissing people off. Jerk off. I would not have been upset to see his ass get thrown out. There's always one...
Ladder match... actually CRAZIER than I expected if you can believe that. Again, worried the DVD wont capture all the carnage. The Knox spots were just insane, I honetsly don't know if I've ever heard a louder pop in the ALH. People were going apeshit nuts.
Thank you PWG, I put this show at or near the top.
luca brasi

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:01 pm

This show was packed and it was hot as fuck... I was really getting light headed and sick to my stomach, I can only imagine how the wrestlers felt

I didn't like the opener at all, mabey just because I am not a Joey Ryan fan, crowd was not into this.

TJP/Roddy looked good on paper but damn I did'nt think it would be that good, awesome technical wrestling contest, crowd was way into TJ.

RockNESS/Taylors was okay until Chuck made the hot tag then it really got going nicely, RockNESS is losing steam quickly, a heel turn is exactly what they needed... Yuma cut a heel promo after the match, I was standing next to him and flipped him off, then he said "you still love me" and gave me a big hug

Cage/Edwards was pretty sweet, Cage definatly looks like he belongs with the big boys, the promo he cut after the match got him crazy over.

Mack/Steen was really damn good, great drama, great story progression, everything you want in a world title match.

Drake/B-Boy... wow...wow... this blew me away, fucking incredable. These 2 beat the living shit out of each other, stiff as hell, one of the best PWG matches of the year so far. Drake got busted open hardway by headbutts,and you could hear their skulls smashing against each other, it was fucking nuts. And the finishing sequence was insane. At the begining of the match there were mabey 10 people rooting for Younger, after it was over everyone was going ape shit for the guy and he got "Drake" and "please come back chants". I can not say enough great things about this match.

Sami/Elgin was really good exactly what you expect (I mean that in a good way)

The ladder match; If your a wrestling fan you have to see this when it comes out on DVD, thats all Im going to say.

one blah match, one good match everything else was awesome, great story progression from lots of guys, one of the best shows Ive been to.

best to worst:

1) Drake/B-Boy
2)Ladder Match
3)TJP/Roddy
4)Steen/Mack
5)Cage/Edwards
6)Sami/Elgin
7)Taylors/RockNESS
8)Joey/B
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:02 pm

fuck!!! the 8 came out as a smiley
eastbay510

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Lost in all of the hoopla of great matches was Brian Cage's promo. I think he was a tad bit flustered and couldn't remember his promo, so he improvised it a bit. I definitely did not expect him to drop the N-bomb, but the use in the promo was directed at whomever was the PWG champ at the end of the night and not exclusively geared towards any single wrestler. The equivalent of an in-the-park homerun. Awkward, half-remembered promo that eventually got him a homerun.
Itchypanda

Postby Itchypanda » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 pm

I stand corrected, my friend mentioned that he called Steen a "sucka" and Willie Mack a "n----a", but the promo was amazing, nonetheless.
Itchypanda

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:18 pm

The show was amazing. The Ladder match and B Boy vs Drake by far best matches of the night. But it didn't top Steen Wolf. Now on a negative note; streamers and Reseda just don't mix. Lots of fans were very obnoxious and drunk, putting themselves and their friends over. Dear fellow fans can we please enjoy great independent wrestling without hearing the word John Cena or TNA? And the Yes chant, its an awesome chant, please chant it when you go to WWE event, because this is where Brian is wrestling, not PWG.
krayzie Bone

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:The show was amazing. The Ladder match and B Boy vs Drake by far best matches of the night. But it didn't top Steen Wolf. Now on a negative note; streamers and Reseda just don't mix. Lots of fans were very obnoxious and drunk, putting themselves and their friends over. Dear fellow fans can we please enjoy great independent wrestling without hearing the word John Cena or TNA? And the Yes chant, its an awesome chant, please chant it when you go to WWE event, because this is where Brian is wrestling, not PWG.

I agree with everything in this post... well except about Steen Wolf. I think this show surpassed Steen Wolf and even Steven, but just my opinion.

Here are pictures for anyone who didn't go and want to see!!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.448993838464265.103914.100000609576513&type=1&l=b2dce7bc6d&refid=17
loserkings007

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:54 am

Hands down the best show I have ever witnessed , it was as hot as Palm Springs in the summer but thankfully the beer was cold so that helped a bit . Thought it was classic when Larry tried tossing a fan in line for drinking a beer then told us nobody was getting in till he found the guy , he never did find him since I saw him sitting by the bathroom during intermission . I never thought the Legion Hall could hold that many people but it sure enough did which made the event that much better . All in all it was a great night of pro wrestling and a night I will never forget .

Here's my list of best to worst :
1.) Ladder Match ( Can't wait for the DVD to watch it again )
2.) B-Boy v.s Drake ( Holy Shit , they went batshit crazy on each other )
3.) Roddy v.s TJP ( Great spots all the way around , not a dull moment in the whole match )
4.) Steen v.s Mack ( It really was everything I thought it was gonna be even better , with Cage stopping in it made it even better )
5.) Elgin v.s Callahan ( It was a damn great match I thought the ring was gonna break a couple times )
6.) Cage v.s Edwards ( It was even more entertaining than I thought ending was all time )
7.) Rockness v.s The Taylors ( Only match I was a little bummed on , thought it was gonna be alot better )
8.) Ryan v.s Famous B ( Not a big fan of either of them and the match seemed to be a little boring , best part was the Tazmission )
ShadowMaster

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum