2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: 2012 Battle of Los Angeles takes place September 1 & 2!

Postby BayAreaPWGFan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Thank you PWG for the amazing booking and talent! Makes the 5-6 hour drive from SF totally worth it!
BayAreaPWGFan

Postby Nasty Nate » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:05 am

Congratulations Adam Cole!
Nasty Nate

Postby camstun187 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:09 am

all you mofos who went need to wake your asses up and give us some more detailed recaps.
camstun187

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:07 am

After 2 Amazing Nights of beer drinking, I'm going to try my best to remember what happened on both nights:

Night 1

* Posting this first just to get this out of the way. That she-boy Dodger fan deserved to get their ass kicked. B-Boy was about to do something until he realized that she-boy was a somewhat of a female. That she-boy shouldnt have been allowed in the building in the first place.

* TJ Perkings and Joey Ryan opened Night 1 (not to my surprised), great opener w/ TJ eliminating the 2010 BOLA Winner.
* Strong defeated Drake in a hard hitting, hard chopping fight. Drake took the fight outside and slammed Strong on some chairs. Strong returned the favor and yelled "I can be hardcore too!" MOTN candidate.
* Eddie defeated O'Riley in a very nice technical match. Hard to follow Strong/Drake, but they tried with technical moves and submissions.
* Cage defeated B-Boy. Did anybody see this coming??? I'm pretty sure there were a few people who wanted B-Boy to win because he is a SoCal boy... but when he was put against Cage... it was inevitable.
* Sami eliminated Willie Mack in a somewhat surprising upset. It wasnt an upset because Sami won, it was an upset that he won cleanly. Everybody was expecting a run in by Cage... but never happened. Happy Bday Sami! You just defeated the guy who was pushed for the last year to be the next Champ. And Willie.... back to the drawing board.
* Ricochet eliminate the PWG Champ Kevin Steen with an assist of Brian Cage. Ricochet and Steen had an amazing match. Once Cage showed up, a few fans booed because he just ruined a match that shouldn't have been ruined. It appears that Cage is now a "HEEL". Steen got on the mic and told Cage that he was eventually going to get a "prison beating".
* Adam "Evil" Cole surprised the Legion Hall by defeating the 2011 BOLA Winner El Generico. It was a clean victory too! He reversed Generico's Brainbusta into a small package. I know! A SMALL PACKAGE ELIMINATED EL GENERICO!!! Congratulations Adam Cole for giving me the "Home Alone" expression on my face.
* Elgin defeated Davey Richards in a MOTN candidate. As good as their previous match.... It's up there? Unfortunately I don't recall this match too match because I was distracted by an annoying drunk fan wearing a red shirt and a hat in the front row. He kept giving Richards the middle finger and screaming at him. Even after the match was over, Davey was trying to do a promo putting Elgin over, and this fan again gave him the finger right on his face. Davey kicked the fan on the chest just to shut him up. After the show, the fan was crying to anyone who would listen. Davey was nice enough (also not to get sued) and apologized to the fan after the show and gave him a free Tshirt.

Night 2

*Just to get this out of the way, Night 2 started with Davey going up to that annoying fan again and apologizing to him. The fan, now wearing an orange Sami shirt became drunken than Night 1. He was falling asleep in his chair only to be awaken by the crowd chants. He still flipped off Davey in his match. That idiot would not sit down. Chants of sit down by the crowd would still not matter. When Joey got on the mic, he screamed at him "SIT DOWN" about 3 times and acted like he was going to go after him. It was also how the fan was too drunk to defend himself, so his boyfriend would stand up giving dirty look at the fans acting like if he was going to do something.
* Sami defeated TJ in a great opener. Sami was so pumped up before the match, he walked up to TJ and gave him a kiss on the lips and called him "Sexy". Sami defeated TJ after he reversed TJ's submission move into Stretch Muffler.
* Adam Cole defeated Eddie Edwards in a solid match. Nothing special...
* Elgin defeated Brian Cage after interference from Kevin Steen. Ref was knocked down and Steen made the run in from the commentator's table. Steen gave Cage an F5 which helped Elgin get the win. After the match, Steen came back out and tackled Cage down giving him the "prison beating" he deserved. This brought out the Bucks who helped out Cage and all three started attacking Steen at the same time. Rick Knox came out to assist Steen. He got in the Bucks face and then Cage hit him from behind. The Bucks were going to Knox their finishing move which was stopped by El Generico holding a chair. This setup a match for later that night.
* Ricochet defeated Roderick Strong in a good solid back and forward match. Ricochet is amazing to watch live.
* Willie Mack, B-Boy and Drake defeated Team Statutory (Ryan, Davey and O'Riley). This was an extra added attraction match that was a lot of fun. A little sloppy... but who cared? Davey and O'Riley were in "sleazy" character which was extremely amusing to watch. After the match, Joey got on the mic and said "a lot of people have a 3 day weekend and for them to look for some 17 year.... 18 year old girls".
* Adam Cole defeated Sami Calihan via submission. Cole surprised the crowd when he made Sami tapped out with a figure-four.
* Elgin defeated Ricochet in another great MOTN match. Elgin looked strong and indeed "unbreakable".
* Knox, El Generico & Kevin Steen defeated Cage & The Young Bucks. Another fun match. Cage played "heel" eventhough he was cheered by a few in the Legion Hall. Finish came when Steen gave one of the Bucks the Package Piledriver and tossing him to El Generico's Brainbusta! Knox made the pin. After the match, it seemed like Steen & Generico were going to shake hands, but Steen gave him the middle finger, only to be stopped by Generico so he could flip him off as well.
* Adam Cole defeated "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin to win the 2012 Battle of Los Angeles. Elgin was dominant through out the match, but Cole wouldnt give up and super kicked himself into victory. Cole had a promo after his match stating how he should have a shirt that says " Cole WIN WIN". Steen came into the ring only to be met with a low blow. Cole took the PWG belt and hit Steen with it. He took his BOLA Trophy along with PWG Belt, left the ring and blew Steen a kiss as the show ended.

Thank you PWG. 2 nights of amazing wrestling.
The Franchise13

Postby Itchypanda » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Thank you, The Franchise13! Great recap. The DVD can't be printed fast enough for me.
Itchypanda

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Im not gonna go over every match during night 1, just give my thoughts...

-Night 1

-there were a lot of assholes at night 1, the Dodgers fan in particular.
-TJP/Joey was the only match of both nights I didnt enjoy.
-The 3 matches that stuck out to me were Drake/Roddy, O'Reilly/Edwards (Iliked it way more then most people), and Davey Elgin.
- Willie losing clean was the biggest shocker of the weekend.

-Night 2

-Before the show I would say Sami was the favorite.
-Crowd had less assholes.
-Sami and TJP had a hot opener, Callihan looked like a beast.
-Adam Cole makes a great heel, he kept telling Eddie to suck his dick. It was really funny during the begining and pretty good after that.
-Elgin/Cage was way better then I expected really good stuff. It was intresting seeing Cage as the smaller man, it allowed him to do some high flying.
-Ricochet/Roddy was really good. Dont know what more to say... just a really good match.
-Ok Team statutory vs. Mack/B-Boy/Drake was one of the funniest matches Ive ever seen.
-Davey humped the top rope in the most violent way possible, his glasses fall to the floor and lost a lense... im praying this makes the DVD.
-Im not gonna give to much away about this, you just gotta watch it, but one thing I wall say is that a "this is awkward" chant broke, I was dying, it was so fucking funny.
-I think most people had Sami over Cole, seeing Sami tap was shocking, really good match.
-Elgin beat Ricochet in possibly the best match of the weekend. great great stuff here.
-The crowd was really pro Elgin but as the match went on there were almost as many people rooting for Ricochet.
-Seeing Knox wrestling was awesome but seeing Steenerico again and them hitting their old finisher was even sweeter.
-The finals were great, probally tied with Elgin/Ricochet as the best matches.
-Adam cut a heel promo and and said he was gonna make a shirt that says "Adam win win".
-The biggest markout moment of the weekend is when Steen cut a promo he got kicked in the nuts by Cole. No one does that kind of stuff to Steen. It was like he "out-Steened" Steen, no one saw that coming.

-Random thoughts

-Night 1 was shocking to say the least. I dont think most people expected Steen,Generico and Mack to lose on night 1.
-In my opinion Ricochet earned a title shot with a victory over the champ.
-All 4 guys in the semi-finals looked like stars.
-It is intresting that Sami, Elgin, and Cole made it that far in their first BOLA's
-Sami and Elgin were the 2 most over this weekend.
-The best 2 overall performers were Elgin and Ricochet, all their matches were fucking awesome
-Ricochet looked amazing, no wasted motion, no joking around, more strikes then normal. He looked like a star, and wasnt out of place at all in the semi-finals.
-It was great to see O'Reilly/Richards showing charisma. Kyle was interacting with thew crowd, making noise in the ring, you could see how relaxed he looked in there. He even got a "sleezy Kyle" chant. There has to be a happy medium in between MMA and raping 17 year olds that he can tap into to make himself more intresting on a regular basis.
-Cole and Ricochet had awesome new ring gear.
eastbay510

Postby Meltman » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Cole's victory promo.

Steen retaliates.

Meltman

Postby Ray Deathray » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Night 1 had some really good matches, but I felt like it was missing that extra little something that makes everyone lose their shit. The established crowd favorites of Mack, Steen, and Generico being eliminated in the 1st round was definitely surprising. Those were the guys I wanted to see the most of. I was a little disappointed about that, especially since the Night 2 card wasn't announced.

I don't think there were that many assholes in the crowd; it's just that the 2 or 3 that were there were loud ultra fuckwads. Dodgers guy acted and dressed like he was a rebellious 9 year-old who thinks homework sucks and that chores are so gay. I sat near him and it seemed like he showed up just to yell stupid shit.

The crowd and atmosphere was a lot better for Night 2. The other guy who kept standing and talking shit looked zonked out. He couldn't even do a thumbs-down properly. Whatever. Everyone else was there to go nuts for PWG.

The non-tournament matches on Night 2 were way fun and energetic. They easily could've stolen the show. And after thinking about it more, Steen, Generico, and the guys that were around last year already gave us a kickass BOLA 2011.
PWG took a step out of the "comfort zone" with their booking and gave the newer guys a chance to really shine. And they fuckin delivered. I definitely lost my shit several times. Went home happy. Great BOLA.
Ray Deathray

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:00 am

Night one was better then night 2 it seems that on Sunday there was a lot of matches featuring big bumps but they were kind of repetitive.
krayzie Bone

Postby ShadowMaster » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:40 am

I keep hearing about that one Dodger fan was he the one who stole the mallet ? My buddy had told me one of the PWG regulars had called somebody a f*cking thief but I didn't know who he was talking about . Is he the Dodger fan who is usually in the back at the bar talking shit the whole time .
ShadowMaster

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:16 am

ShadowMaster wrote:I keep hearing about that one Dodger fan was he the one who stole the mallet ? My buddy had told me one of the PWG regulars had called somebody a f*cking thief but I didn't know who he was talking about . Is he the Dodger fan who is usually in the back at the bar talking shit the whole time .

Dodger fan = mallet thief.
abouttreefitty350

Postby NHfan » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:46 am

By the way that zonked out dude that wouldn't sit down, it was that asshole and his friends who were tailgating.at the end of night two I saw them breaking bottles in the parking lot. Fucking dickheads.
NHfan

Postby El Asian » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:47 am

what was up with Roderick Strong after intermission on night 2? Dude must've been the most drunk than even the crowd that night
El Asian

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:45 pm

NHfan wrote:By the way that zonked out dude that wouldn't sit down, it was that asshole and his friends who were tailgating.at the end of night two I saw them breaking bottles in the parking lot. Fucking dickheads.

Report them to Larry or Excalibur. Its better for them to get banned then for all of us to loose the building.
krayzie Bone

Postby loserkings007 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:59 pm

loserkings007

Postby camstun187 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:37 pm

me and davey richards have the same Metallica shirt! Win!
camstun187

Postby sockfoley2012 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:55 pm

The Franchise13 wrote:After 2 Amazing Nights of beer drinking, I'm going to try my best to remember what happened on both nights:

Night 1

* Elgin defeated Davey Richards in a MOTN candidate. As good as their previous match.... It's up there? Unfortunately I don't recall this match too match because I was distracted by an annoying drunk fan wearing a red shirt and a hat in the front row. He kept giving Richards the middle finger and screaming at him. Even after the match was over, Davey was trying to do a promo putting Elgin over, and this fan again gave him the finger right on his face. Davey kicked the fan on the chest just to shut him up. After the show, the fan was crying to anyone who would listen. Davey was nice enough (also not to get sued) and apologized to the fan after the show and gave him a free Tshirt.

Night 2

*Just to get this out of the way, Night 2 started with Davey going up to that annoying fan again and apologizing to him. The fan, now wearing an orange Sami shirt became drunken than Night 1. He was falling asleep in his chair only to be awaken by the crowd chants. He still flipped off Davey in his match. That idiot would not sit down. Chants of sit down by the crowd would still not matter. When Joey got on the mic, he screamed at him "SIT DOWN" about 3 times and acted like he was going to go after him. It was also how the fan was too drunk to defend himself, so his boyfriend would stand up giving dirty look at the fans acting like if he was going to do something.

I just wanted to address a few points here as I was that fan brought up in this post. First off night one I was NOT drunk. I was just standing and booing Davey when he came out and maybe had given him the finger once, as he walked by me he punched me in the stomach for no reason.. something you neglected to say in your post. This was assault.. I crossed no lines I was simply stating my feelings on a wrestler I personally don't care for which is my right as a fan. I did not touch Davey nor did I get into the ring.. if I did either of these Davey has the right to do whatever he would like to me and that point but for simply booing him and flipping him off he does not.. so that is why I continued and escalated giving Davey crap.. only for him to ASSSAULT me again after the match by kicking me. As far as "Crying to anyone who would listen" the only people that I talked about this with that night outside the group of my friends where one fan who came up to me asking about it, and Joey Ryan who as someone I have worked with in the past and owner of the company I felt needed to know what happened. Because as you stated this is a situation that could lead to lawsuits. Davey did come up and give what I felt was a half ass apology full of excuses and me a tee shirt as I felt Joey told him to, and this was not on his own nor was it sincere.

As far as night two goes, yes I was more drunk than I should have been. For this I apologize to PWG Staff, the wresters, and the fans. If I come back to PWG I will never be anywhere near this intoxicated again as it doesn't reflect well on me. If I ruined night two for anyone I do apologize, But also just to state I never crossed the line of touching any wrestlers or getting in the ring. I steal have a dislike for Davey Richards and what he did to me night one, and that is my right because I felt he crossed the line and I wont forgive him for what he did.
sockfoley2012

Postby sockfoley2012 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:09 pm

NHfan wrote:By the way that zonked out dude that wouldn't sit down, it was that asshole and his friends who were tailgating.at the end of night two I saw them breaking bottles in the parking lot. Fucking dickheads.

To address this, yes we did tailgate night one.. we are from Utah and didnt know this wasnt allowed. We tailgated with some friends from Cali so we assumed it was okay. Once we found out it wasnt we didnt drink anymore in the parking lot. Yes, bottles where accidently dropped night two, but they where not drunken in parking lot and we where not smashing them, they simply fell out and we cleaned it up to the best of our ability
sockfoley2012

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 pm

sockfoley2012 wrote:

To address this, yes we did tailgate night one.. we are from Utah and didnt know this wasnt allowed. We tailgated with some friends from Cali so we assumed it was okay. Once we found out it wasnt we didnt drink anymore in the parking lot. Yes, bottles where accidently dropped night two, but they where not drunken in parking lot and we where not smashing them, they simply fell out and we cleaned it up to the best of our ability

What? In Utah you can't even drink in most counties, so why the hell would you assume that drinking in public in California is OK? LOL

I mean California is a liberal state but its not anarchy they do have laws. lol
krayzie Bone

Postby sockfoley2012 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:29 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:
sockfoley2012 wrote:

What? In Utah you can't even drink in most counties, so why the hell would you assume that drinking in public in California is OK? LOL

I mean California is a liberal state but its not anarchy they do have laws. lol

Yes I do apologize for this we where in the wrong.. I know you can in Vegas, and I know california was pretty liberal so I had no idea.. plus some of our aqauntances that where from Cali where tailgating with us so I just assumed.. sorry again and I hope it doesnt cause any issues for PWG once we found out it didnt happen again
sockfoley2012

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum