Super Dragon Super Fun Time Q&A - Wed 9/5 4PM PDT

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Super Dragon Super Fun Time Q&A - Wed 9/5 4PM PDT

Postby heel9783 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Are you surprised with how the super smash brothers are doing in PWG? Seems like since the got to work for you guys their stock has blown up.
heel9783

Postby ManuRomero90 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:19 pm

What´s your favorite multiman match of BOLA?
ManuRomero90

Postby vanssfindder » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:20 pm

What inspired the PWG logo?
vanssfindder

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:20 pm

DeadmanDRB wrote:What are your view on The Young Bucks? They're incredible workers.

I hated their guts when I first met them. They came to Rev Pro training and wanted to show off doing shooting stars in an elbow drop drill. If you told me in 10 years they would be one of the things that makes a fed I haven't even started so special I would have laughed in your face again!

I think they are the best tag team in wrestling. Their run this year has been incredible. You will never see them in a bad match. They do for tags in PWG what Steen/Generico do for singles. They're also great guys. They love PWG.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby deadmandevilman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Any chance for a PWG wrestling school? Weeknights at the legion?
deadmandevilman

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Where do you get your gear? I know you've cited Cacao Planning, but also mentioned a worker/workers leaving and starting a new company, which you get your gear from now.

You're the best, Dragon.

A guy named Sasaki made all my masks/gear towards the end. He was from Cacao, but ended up starting his own company. I don't remember what it's called right now. I get my ring jackets from a guy named Bucio in Mexico who makes all the stuff for AAA and CMLL.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby Teamratedcds » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:23 pm

Any chance that you will ever get to face Sami Callihan? Will he be a regular in pwg from now on ?
Teamratedcds

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:25 pm

heel9783 wrote:What do you think of the comparison between PWG and ECW?

ECW was great and part of the reason I got into wrestling, but I don't think PWG can really be compared to ECW.

I guess can see some of the comparisons with things like the atmosphere and fans at the shows as well as the good wrestling.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:26 pm

I Am Hollywood wrote:Is there anyone that has been involved in PWG throughout its history that you feel has not gotten the respect they have deserved?

I think Joey gets a lot of unfair shit on the internet. People act like he is horrible, which is far from the truth.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby Teamratedcds » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 pm

Thoughts on how well the b boy vs dark younger match went? The crowd seemed to love it and really liked drake. Any chance that he will be a regularin pwg?
Teamratedcds

Postby Souf Centrol » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:27 pm

PWG_Dragon wrote:
tholzerman wrote:Will there be more intergender matches at PWG shows in the future?

Doubtful. I haven't liked any women matches in PWG ever. Which makes it hard to figure out what to do with Candice nowdays.

Can we get Sara Del Rey or some other hard hitting athletic woman in PWG?
Souf Centrol

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:28 pm

JAG wrote:What was your mindset before, during and after the 06 BOLA match v Necro? I had never seen the entire locker room empty out to see a match before.

I was excited. That was a fun one. I told him before hand I wanted it to be as crazy as possible, and told him to punch me in the face for real. Well, first punched knocked me out, and I wrestled the whole match somehow. Never tell Necro Butcher to punch you in the face! After the match I remembered nothing. I think it was still pretty cool.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby samus123 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:31 pm

Would you ever come back to Ring Of Honor for an appearance?
samus123

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:32 pm

El Asian wrote:thoughts on working with WrestleReunion and feelings about them going on hiatus because this year didn't do as well as they hoped?

It's unfortunate. If there's one guy I'll work with on shows, it's Michael. He's been a great friend to PWG over the years. I actually loved doing Wrestle Reunion. Some of that shit we got to do was so insane.

I wanted to make it as crazy as possible with things that would never happen on a normal PWG show. I really wanted to do Necro Butcher vs Muta on the first show. Getting Lyger on a PWG show amazing. Having Terry Funk and Roddy Piper square off on a PWG show was incredible to say the least. Those are the kinds of things that were amazing about WR.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby vanssfindder » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Is there a chance we could see AJ Styles or Samoa Joe booked in PWG again? They really need a run on the indies!
vanssfindder

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:34 pm

PWG_Dragon wrote:
Super Dragon Mark wrote:Where do you get your gear? I know you've cited Cacao Planning, but also mentioned a worker/workers leaving and starting a new company, which you get your gear from now.

You're the best, Dragon.

A guy named Sasaki made all my masks/gear towards the end. He was from Cacao, but ended up starting his own company. I don't remember what it's called right now. I get my ring jackets from a guy named Bucio in Mexico who makes all the stuff for AAA and CMLL.

Thanks a lot, man. If it means anything, I'm currently training to wrestling and paying my dues, but you're my inspiration. No homo. You've got the coolest gear ever in my opinion, and my goal is to wrestle in PWG. I shall repay you with a little token of information: Elgin's nickname used to be Phat Farm, and I heard it really annoys him when people call him that.

Any truth to Wikipedia listing your real name as "Daniel Lyon"? Always wondered how anyone would get info like that about you, unless you put it there to fuck with people.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:35 pm

vanssfindder wrote:Will Teddy Hart and Jack Evans possibly be on a PWG show in the future?

I doubt it. Was never a big fan of Teddy Hart. He was a nice guy though from what I remember. He actually showed up to PWG once unannounced and said he would only wrestle me in a match.

Jack Evans was always cool, and it's too bad things went down the way they did with him. He burned us on several flights over the years. I was told by his father that we would get paid back, but he ended up getting sick of dealing with it all too I heard he quit.

Even after that I tried to set something up for the first Wrestle Reunion with him, but they just stopped replying to me again. So it's probably not something that will happen anytime soon.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:36 pm

Suicidal Youth wrote:Which version of the Psycho Driver is your favorite to use?

I like the original best.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

Postby BigBen213 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 pm

What single show would you say is the best representation of PWG as it stands today? Trying to get a friend into it but not quite sure where I should start to get them off on the right foot.

Thanks again for doing this, really enjoying your responses to everything!
BigBen213

Postby PWG_Dragon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:38 pm

camstun187 wrote:-In one of your last tag matches (Passive Hostility w/ B-BOY Vs. Generico/Quicksilver), you gave Quicksilver one of the nastiest tombstone piledrivers I can ever remember seeing. You spiked the hell out of him, and shortly after he retired because of lingering neck issues. Did that have anything to do with it?

I don't remember him hurting his neck in that match. He actually retired because he kept getting hurt over the years, and in one of his last matches ended up getting a staph infection that he almost died from. I guess it was the last straw for him. He ended up burning all his wrestling gear and calling it quits. Pretty unfortunate.
PWG_Dragon
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum