This is LA, not Boston

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

This is LA, not Boston

Postby NHfan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Just wanted to point something else out about my first PWG experience, and the LA crowd in general. You guys (for the most part) are really an awesome crowd. There's gonna be bad apples everywhere, but in your city it seems to be far less than out here where I go to shows. I'm not saying I dont like Boston, in fact I really enjoy a lot of the time I've gone there. But there is no mistaking the difference in crowds. Out here I've gone to DGUSA, Chikara, and ROH shows. The majority of the time the crowd is not nearly as vocal as you guys (you guys go nuts and its awesome!) A lot of the time they either sit on their hands, or yell out stupid and sometimes racial shit. If I have to hear one more dude out here yell out fake Japanese gibberish or "finish him Liu Kang" at the Dragon Gate guys I'm gonna lose it. I like that when someone is being dumb out in LA, you guys boo them down and call them on their shit. You're vocal about people being assholes and I like that a lot. Once again, there are some good people out here, but we're the minority IMO. You guys (most of you) rock and are what bring the PWG shows to life. Thanks again.
NHfan

Re: This is LA, not Boston

Postby NHfan » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Ps: points if you actually know what my post title is referencing! :p
NHfan

Postby luca brasi » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:43 am

I win! early 80s hardcore comp THIS IS BOSTON NOT L.A. great great album
luca brasi

Postby Nasty Nate » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:21 am

The bands on the album are The Groinoids, Decadence, The Proletariat, The Freeze, The F.U.'s, Jerry's Kids, and Gang Green
Nasty Nate

Postby krayzie Bone » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:12 pm

NHfan wrote:Just wanted to point something else out about my first PWG experience, and the LA crowd in general. You guys (for the most part) are really an awesome crowd. There's gonna be bad apples everywhere, but in your city it seems to be far less than out here where I go to shows. I'm not saying I dont like Boston, in fact I really enjoy a lot of the time I've gone there. But there is no mistaking the difference in crowds. Out here I've gone to DGUSA, Chikara, and ROH shows. The majority of the time the crowd is not nearly as vocal as you guys (you guys go nuts and its awesome!) A lot of the time they either sit on their hands, or yell out stupid and sometimes racial shit. If I have to hear one more dude out here yell out fake Japanese gibberish or "finish him Liu Kang" at the Dragon Gate guys I'm gonna lose it. I like that when someone is being dumb out in LA, you guys boo them down and call them on their shit. You're vocal about people being assholes and I like that a lot. Once again, there are some good people out here, but we're the minority IMO. You guys (most of you) rock and are what bring the PWG shows to life. Thanks again.

They yell racist shit in Boston? Wow that sucks I thought Boston was far removed from Mason Dixon line and is somewhat a cultural city, with some of the best universities in the country I would assume Boston was above that petty low class bull shit that many American town are known for.
krayzie Bone

Postby NHfan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:47 pm

It's not like everyone in the crowd does, it's more of a select few. I know their is only a select few who yell stupid things in LA too, but the main difference is in Boston they get away with it. No one boos them, they just let it slide and don't say anything. I think we still have some great fans, but the few bad ones here kind of outshine the rest which makes going to shows kind of a bummer sometimes. I did say the good ones were the minority before, what I meant was that there's a minority of people who start appropriate chants, clap, and try to make things more fun. Most of them are quiet and then there's the few a-holes that break up the silence by yelling mean and idiotic things. But my main point is that by experiencing the Reseda crowd, it's kind of influencing my decision to move lol.

BTW: thanks to the two who got the reference! I always thought it would make a good PWG show title :P
NHfan

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:11 am

NHfan wrote:It's not like everyone in the crowd does, it's more of a select few. I know their is only a select few who yell stupid things in LA too, but the main difference is in Boston they get away with it. No one boos them, they just let it slide and don't say anything. I think we still have some great fans, but the few bad ones here kind of outshine the rest which makes going to shows kind of a bummer sometimes. I did say the good ones were the minority before, what I meant was that there's a minority of people who start appropriate chants, clap, and try to make things more fun. Most of them are quiet and then there's the few a-holes that break up the silence by yelling mean and idiotic things. But my main point is that by experiencing the Reseda crowd, it's kind of influencing my decision to move lol.

BTW: thanks to the two who got the reference! I always thought it would make a good PWG show title :P

Yeah I would love to move to L.A. as well. Lots of good wrestling and awesome weather. Do you know who Joey Eastman is? He is also from Boston and he originally started wrestling yay chant.
krayzie Bone

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:03 pm

Gotta agree: the East and West Coast crowds are vastly different, which is pretty apparent for anyone who compares a PWG show to an ROH show from the East Coast. I'm all for offensive humour, but just because it's dark doesn't make it edgy and funny, and that shit annoys me with those shows too. Kudos to mostly everyone involved with PWG for being tolerant and understanding and stuff.

Thought your thing was a ref' to Escape from LA, by the way. "You might have survived Cleveland. You might have escaped from New York. But this is L.A., vato. And you're about to find out that this fucking city can kill anybody!"
Super Dragon Mark

Postby NHfan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:24 pm

I can't speak for the entire East coast of course, but I get your point. Maybe it's just the PWG crowd in particular, but it was a huge change from what I'm used to and for the most part that is a positive thing. Maybe it is just a Boston thing though, because when I went to CHikara in Portland, ME that crowd was really great too. I've been dissapointed with the crowd at the majority of the shows Ive gone to in Boston, once again there are exceptions.
NHfan

Postby NHfan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:27 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Yeah I would love to move to L.A. as well. Lots of good wrestling and awesome weather. Do you know who Joey Eastman is? He is also from Boston and he originally started wrestling yay chant.

BTW yeah I've seen Joey on videos when he was an IWA announcer and I've seen him pop up at shows in the Boston area before. He's alright. Eddie Edwards bills himself from Boston but he's actually from my homestate of NH.
NHfan

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum