Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate on Oct. 27!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Failure to Communicate on Oct.

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:10 pm

This show went from really good to amazingly great. With the recent changes to the card, this show could possibly be show of the year candidate. So many great matches on the card, its crazy. If you havent bought a ticket to this show, i hope u show up on Saturday and come in early to get a great seat. In my eyes, here are the 5 top reasons why you should:

5. Rich Swann Debut. A lot of people have been asking for it. I dont know too much about him, but if he wants to keep coming back to Reseda, he has to make a good 1st impression. He is wrestling Roderick Strong, in which should be an amazing match.

4. Joey Ryan. With Joey's recent win at a TNA show, he is officially now contracted by TNA. And with TNA's restrictions, we might possibly not see Joey Ryan this Saturday. And if he does show up, this could possibly be his farewell show. Will Joey get a respectful farewell he so rightfully deserves? Will he even show up?

3. Cage vs Mack. This Grudge match has been building up for the last few months. Who will take a step closer to the number 1 Contender spot for the PWG Title? This will be a fight!

2. Two Skinny Black Guys of Moral Fiber RETURN! And they are going to wrestle one of the best teams in the world today... The Young Bucks! Is going to be great to see Kenny Omega again. Its been 3 years since his last PWG show. And hopefully he becomes a regular again so he can compete for the PWG Title again.

1. Triple threat PWG Title Match. The last time the Title change hands, it happened on a Triple threat match. Will lightning strike again? Can Unbreakable Michael Elgin, who is doing double duty, prove to Reseda that he is the "Next Guy"? Can Ricochet pin the Champ again like he did in BOLA? Or will Steen prove his dominance again and show the world why he is Mr PWG?
The Franchise13

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Omega & Generico vs. The Young Bucks totally makes up for no SSB.
Garden State Saint

Postby CheMateo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:33 pm

That is indeed exciting news! Wow, it has been over 2 and a half years since we last saw Omega in PWG. What a great solution to the subject of change. It should be great seeing two former foes (or are they still foes?!) teaming up. Match of the night. It just might just be.
CheMateo

Postby lunatic903 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 pm

cant wait to saturday gonna be a great show here's my preview see u guys saturday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a7AWAX- ... ture=g-upl
lunatic903

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:36 pm

Ya'll are so lucky. Please post results via mobile if possible. I can't attend because of family duties but I'll be playing the Bouncing Souls "Ole" at the party I'm attending. I don't care if I get confused looks from my friends.
Itchypanda

Postby DeadBlueBlazer » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Does anyone have a spare ticket? I really dont want to stand in the no ticket line.

hit me up here or twitter @cptblackheart elblueblazer@hotmail.com
DeadBlueBlazer

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:25 pm

Going to have LIVE tweeting results http://twitter.com/PWPonderings as always. Our guy is there. Says estimated attendance is 375 right now.
spawnsyxx9

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:07 pm

So far Ryan Taylor def Joey Ryan.

Elgin vs Edwards here. Pic. Edwards held up for 65 seconds

spawnsyxx9

Postby spawnsyxx9 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's
Failure to Communicate
October 27, 2012
Reseda, CA
Estimated attendance: 375

Ryan Taylor def Joey Ryan with a shiranui
Michael Elgin def Eddie Edwards via Elgin bomb
RockNES Monsters def Famous B and B-Boy via school boy when Yuma held the tights on B-boy
Sami Callihan def Davey Richards via stretch muffler
Roderick Strong over Rich Swann via suplex into a back breaker
Brian Cage def Willie Mack via weapon x after a low blow when the ref went down
Kenny Omega & El Generico def The Young Bucks when Omega pinned Matt while El Generico pinned Nick after a top rope brainbuster and a top rope croytes wrath. Also another ref bump on the same ref as the Mack/cage match.
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Three-Way Match
Kevin Steen pins Ricochet via package piledriver on the back of Michael Elgin to retain.
Cole still has the belt. Steen challenges him for the Dec 1 show.

Pics & details can be found here: http://wp.me/p1rVA2-5kj
spawnsyxx9

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:40 am

Awesome Night, here are some of my Photos is people want to check them out! http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.485800981450217.113739.100000609576513&type=3

My favorite match of the night is a tie between Bucks vs GenericOmega and Richards/Callihan
loserkings007

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Sami vs Davey, match of the night for sure, I would say this was one of the best matches of the year. Over all the show was fucking awesome.
krayzie Bone

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:58 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Sami vs Davey, match of the night for sure, I would say this was one of the best matches of the year. Over all the show was fucking awesome.

I would have guessed this was match of the night with the Generico tag being a close second.
Garden State Saint

Postby krayzie Bone » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:Sami vs Davey, match of the night for sure, I would say this was one of the best matches of the year. Over all the show was fucking awesome.

No I would say my second favorite match was Eddie Edwards vs Michael Elgin
krayzie Bone

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:22 pm

I really wasnt feeling this show at all, It was kinda blah to me.

-Dont want to talk about the opener to much, lots of sleeze, lots of kicks and "fuck you's".

-Eddie vs. Elgin was the match of the night. great stuff, If it had more time it could been amazing but still an awesome match.

-B-Boy/Famous B vs. RockNess was not that good at all, B-Boy looked good though.

-Sami vs. Davey was good, I felt like the finish fell a little flat. I feel like the crowd got burned out on the false finishes by the time the finish came. The crowd shat on Davey and was completly behing Callihan.

-What was up with Strong Vs Swann? Did Swann legit piss off Roddy? It was basicly an extended squash, Swann got a few spots in but Roddy beat the fuck out of him. Swann looked okay but I want to see him really show what he can do. He did get a please come back chant.

-I'm really starting to wonder whats next for Cage and Mack. With Cole fueding with Steen I wonder where that leaves these 2. I felt like this was their chance to show that they belong in the main event scene, and it ended up a little boring if Im being honest. The finish was really clunky.

-The tag match was good, not amazing but really solid stuff. Seeing Omega back was awesome, he was so fucking over. The crowd went nucular during the arm wrestling spot. As a match it was pretty good but Omega's return made it memorable, If that makes sence.

-Take a great triple threat and only watch the first half of the match and then foward to the finish and you have the main event. Really good stuff but could have been so much more if it was given time, It probally went under 15 minuites. Ricochet was the star of this match in my opinion, It really is amazing how far he has come.

Overall... mehh, there were a few cool moments for me personally however

-Eddie acknowledged my Giants Shirt (World series champs again baby!!! fuck yeah!!!)

-I cheered for Swann Roddy said he was gonna beat my ass

-Ricochet hugged some girl on his way to the ring and I yelled "wheres my hug at?" and then we proceeded to hug it out... first Koslov now Ricochet, I feel love man, I feel the love...
eastbay510

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:43 am

The crowd energy wasn't anywhere near where it was at the last few shows. Could be because of the opener. Joey and Ryan Taylor had zero chemistry together. Bad match. Slow, lazy kicks thrown to be countered by slow lazy looking moves. I think almost everyone expected this to be Joey's farewell match because of TNA, so when he lost and just walked to the back, people were kind of confused.

Elgin vs Edwards was pretty damn good.

Whatever energy was gained by the previous match, it was all lost in the B Boy/Famous B vs RockNES match. Holy crap was this one a stinker. Zero chemistry. It made Joey vs Taylor look like Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid. Famous B is just bad.

Sami vs Davey was awesome. Davey really looked like he was having fun during the match. Whatever heat the crowd had with him the last show because of the "Team Bandits" shit is now gone. There was a funny spot where Davey was throwing rapid kicks, and someone in the crowd said, "We miss Danielson too". Davey said, "I'm better than Danielson!". That prompted a "NO!" chant by the crowd, which was met with a "YES!" chant by Davey. Good back and forth between Davey and Sami, and the crowd was surprised when Davey tapped.

Swann vs Strong was great. This was my first time seeing Swann, and I hope he becomes a regular. Crowd was hesitant about Swann, at first, but he really proved that he belongs. About 10 minutes into the match, someone in the crowd yelled, "I'm sorry I made fun of your wings!" in regards to Swann's wings on his tights. Swann hit a standing 450 splash. Never seen that before.

Brian Cage looks like he's put on another 15 or 20 pounds in bulk. Holy crap. And Willie Mack now has blondish brown hair. Hahahha! Good hard hitting match. The crowd was very happy to see the dumb fat ref get hit by the Discus Lariat.

The building went crazy for Kenny Omega. Me included. It was soooooo great to see him back. Halfway through the match, Kenny borrowed a fans hat. He put it on and challenged one of the Bucks to an arm wrestling match. Of course, right before they locked up, Kenny turned the hat backwards. OVER THE TOP!!!!! Great finish with the tandem Turnbuckle Brainbustaaaaaah and top rope Croyt's Wrath. Kenny got on the mic and addressed rumors that he hasn't been back because of money or politics. He made it clear that his schedule in Japan is what has prevented him from coming back. He didn't want to make promises, but he very much wants to come back at the soonest his schedule allows. Hopefully it isn't another 2 and a half years. Also, big props to the sound guy. After Kenny's speech, they played his old theme. Kenny was genuinely shocked and very happy to hear it:

The 3 way was very good. Steen didn't have the belt since Cole stole it at the last show. Steen called out Cole for the December 1st show.

Overall, solid show, but not at the insanely high levels of the last 3 or 4 shows due to a couple of real stinkers.
abouttreefitty350

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 am

B-Boy nor Famous B are two wrestlers I never care to watch other than B-Boys match with Younger all he's other match's have been bad . As for Famous B he looked really out of shape on Saturday . I can agree with the post above me that whatever energy that was there after the Elgin/Edwards match was gone once this match got going .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:30 pm

Someone yelled to Swann "your dick has wings" then I yelled back "that's cause he fucked a red bull"... I thought it was funny.

Also apparently the fat ref is now known as "Fat Elvis"
eastbay510

Postby krayzie Bone » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:40 pm

There is a big difference between 'crowd energy" and drunk assholes yelling loud, chanting stupid shit and trying to put themselves over. At the last show I liked the crowd energy cause we didn't have too many drunk assholes who yell stupid shit. The crowd was very appreciative of the great wrestling that PWG gave us. I don't know why a lot of people here try to focus on fans or crowd too much. The fans don't make the show, wrestling does. So just because less people tapped the ring, it makes it a lesser show? I don't get it.

As far as Roderick vs Swan goes, I loved that match, Swan is a new guy in PWG and he has to pay his dues. He got a great initiation from Roderick, this is how wrestling was in the old days, the new guy gets the crap beaten out of him, nothing wrong with that. I'm not taking anything away from Swan, he is a well established worker and he is a gifted athlete, he was taken to the limit by Roderick, good stuff right there.
krayzie Bone

Postby ajday » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 pm

krayzie Bone wrote:There is a big difference between 'crowd energy" and drunk assholes yelling loud, chanting stupid shit and trying to put themselves over. At the last show I liked the crowd energy cause we didn't have too many drunk assholes who yell stupid shit. The crowd was very appreciative of the great wrestling that PWG gave us. I don't know why a lot of people here try to focus on fans or crowd too much. The fans don't make the show, wrestling does. So just because less people tapped the ring, it makes it a lesser show? I don't get it.

I agree with you, Krayzie Bone. And I know this is completely different from where you were going with it but a "drunk assholes yelling loud, chanting stupid shit [who is] trying to put themselves over" can ruin a DVD for the audience at home because of their stupidity (pointless chants, random hi-fives, stupid looks into the camera, etc.). I'm glad to hear there was less of that at this show.
ajday

Postby SlayJ » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 pm

ajday wrote:
krayzie Bone wrote:There is a big difference between 'crowd energy" and drunk assholes yelling loud, chanting stupid shit and trying to put themselves over. At the last show I liked the crowd energy cause we didn't have too many drunk assholes who yell stupid shit. The crowd was very appreciative of the great wrestling that PWG gave us. I don't know why a lot of people here try to focus on fans or crowd too much. The fans don't make the show, wrestling does. So just because less people tapped the ring, it makes it a lesser show? I don't get it.

I agree with you, Krayzie Bone. And I know this is completely different from where you were going with it but a "drunk assholes yelling loud, chanting stupid shit [who is] trying to put themselves over" can ruin a DVD for the audience at home because of their stupidity (pointless chants, random hi-fives, stupid looks into the camera, etc.). I'm glad to hear there was less of that at this show.

As a guy who enjoys random hi-fives and an occasional stupid look into the camera I take great offense to your post! Ok, not really. But c'mon, it's Pro Wrestling, not a Presidential debate. It's supposed to be fun. Yes, drunk "ASSHOLES" should get the boot from Larry (or better yet, just stay home). But if the rest of us want to get a little animated and have some fun, where is the harm? I'm sorry if that "ruins" your DVD watching experience. But I would tend to think you're in the minority there. I've seen numerous DVD review sites talk up PWG fans as some of the best and most energetic anywhere in the world. They talk about the party like atmosphere that sets PWG's live events apart from anybody else. And that doesn't happen from sitting there with your arms folded acting like you're too cool for school. Sure, some of us can be a bit goofy sometimes. But I'd say 95% of us are coming from a positive place. For me personally, if I'm gonna make the trip from San Diego every other month or so to meet up with friends and see my favorite Pro Wrestling company on the planet, I'm going to blow off some steam, enjoy a few drinks and totally have a blast. Sure, I may occasionally watch a DVD later on and feel a little stupid for being such a dork. But then I think back to how much fun I was having and it's all good. So hey, fair enough if you don't want to "join the party" and I'm sorry if fans like me take anything away from your experience. But just because some of us may enjoy our PWG experience in a different way than you do doesn't make us any less appreciative to the wrestlers and their efforts. I have NOTHING but respect for every one of those guys. I just also love random hi-fives and wacky chants.
SlayJ

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum