DDT4 Kicks Off 2013 on January 12, 2013!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: DDT4 Kicks Off 2013 on January 12, 2013!

Postby ajday » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Two debuting teams (Inner-City Machine Guns and Unbreakable Fucking Machines), two returning team (Briscoes and Generico/Steen), plus DojoBros, Young Bucks, Future Shock and SSB. Any way you structure the bracket, you'll have some kind of surprise match that no one would/will expect and will exceed expectations. It's bound to be one helluva show.

Not only this, but we get the second match in a best-of-three series to be number one contender between Younger and Callihan, which is knockout or submission only.

PWG is coming out strong for 2013. I feel bad for any promotion who has to go up against this.
ajday

Postby PWG_Silverback » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 pm

On January 12, 2013, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will return to American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, for our annual tag team tournament, DDT4! 2013's tournament will feature eight team vying to win the tournament, but only one will be able to win three matches in one night and earn their place in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla history!

Tickets for this event are on sale now on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla tickets page.

DDT4 First Round Tag Team Match
The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. Willie Mack & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)

The Inner-City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

The Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin) vs. World Tag Team Champions Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno & Stupefied)

Non-Tournament Knock-Out or Submission Only Match
Sami Callihan (1-0) vs. Drake Younger

-- As if our annual tag team tournament, DDT4, wasn't enough, we will also feature a non-tournament match between long-time rivals Sami Callihan and Drake Younger! After watching Callihan and Younger beat each other nearly to death at Mystery Vortex, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors thought "Wouldn't it be fun to see that again? And somehow make it more violent?" So now not only has their rematch been made into a Knock-Out or Submission only match, the ante has been upped by also making Callihan vs. Younger into a best-of-three series, with the winner earning a shot at Adam Cole and the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship! As the cliché goes, if you thought their first match was brutal, you haven't seen anything yet.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's next live event, DDT4, takes place on Saturday, January 12, 2013, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35, and General Admission tickets are $30. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on January 08, 2013, at 10:00PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable.

Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:10 pm

PWG_Silverback wrote:Click here to get your DDT4 tickets: http://bit.ly/PWGtix Remember, Shift+Refresh is your friend!

So is F5.

Thank you, Based PWG.
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Holy crap if the Drake/Sami series goes to a third match what the hell is the stipulation gonna be???
eastbay510

Postby ajday » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 pm

eastbay510 wrote:Holy crap if the Drake/Sami series goes to a third match what the hell is the stipulation gonna be???

Guerilla Warfare?

It would only fit, right?
ajday

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 pm

ajday wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:Holy crap if the Drake/Sami series goes to a third match what the hell is the stipulation gonna be???

Guerilla Warfare?

Ladder match? Cage match? Dog collar match?
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:28 am

No Willie Mack as of yet...

...one heck of a card though!
toby80

Postby TelkEvolon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:53 am

eastbay510 wrote:
ajday wrote:

Guerilla Warfare?

Ladder match? Cage match? Dog collar match?

I think a Cage or a Ladder match is way off, at that most I'd be thinking a 2/3 falls or mini iron man match.

But you never know.
TelkEvolon

Postby krayzie Bone » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Sami and Drake final match should be CZW style just fucking crazy shit type of match. As much as I used to like Rockness Monsters, this new gimmick is just not working for them, so in a way I'm glad they are not booked for this. Since they turned heel their matches made zero sense. Very strong show over all, looking forward to it.
krayzie Bone

Postby toby80 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Which matches would everyone like to see during the tournament?

Pretty much any combo is gonna be awesome, but Bucks-Guns, Dojo-Machines, Briscoes-SSB and Shock-Steenerico is my dream opening bracket :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby CreedP » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

First Round matchups are on Twitter!

DojoBros (Roderick/Eddie) vs. Future Shock

Cage & Elgin vs. SSB

Swann & Ricochet vs. Young Bucks

Steen-erico vs. Briscoe Brothers

WOW, really psyched for this card!

CREED
CreedP

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:49 pm

Matchs just announced so heres my predictions :

Briscoe Bros over Steen and Generico ( Only reason I went with that prediction is because I don't see the Briscoes coming back to lose in the opening match )

Dojo Bros over Future Shock ( With Steen losing in the first round I see him taking out all he's frustration out on Adam Cole , costing them the match )

SSB over The Unbreakable Fucking Machines

Ricochet and Rich Swan over The Young Bucks ( Crazy enough this was my hardest match to predict since I see it going either way , I based it off a coin flip )

Second Round

Ricochet and Rich Swan over Briscoe Bros

Dojo Bros over SSB ( Another hard match to determine the winner but in the end I had Dojo Bros picking up the win and knocking off the Tag Team Champs )

Dojo Bros over Ricochet and Rich Swan to become New Tag Team Champions .

Drake Younger over Sami Callahan

A reason I believe SSB won't retain the titles is based on the expense it is to have them flying in for every show . But then again what do I know .
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:17 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Matchs just announced so heres my predictions :

Briscoe Bros over Steen and Generico ( Only reason I went with that prediction is because I don't see the Briscoes coming back to lose in the opening match )

Dojo Bros over Future Shock ( With Steen losing in the first round I see him taking out all he's frustration out on Adam Cole , costing them the match )

Ricochet and Rich Swan over The Young Bucks ( Crazy enough this was my hardest match to predict since I see it going either way , I based it off a coin flip )

Second Round

Dojo Bros over SSB ( Another hard match to determine the winner but in the end I had Dojo Bros picking up the win and knocking off the Tag Team Champs )

A reason I believe SSB won't retain the titles is based on the expense it is to have them flying in for every show . But then again what do I know .

Steen is from the same area.
eastbay510

Postby PWG_Silverback » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 pm

On January 12, 2013, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla will return to American Legion Post #308 in Reseda, CA, for our annual tag team tournament, DDT4! 2013's tournament will feature eight team vying to win the tournament, but only one will be able to win three matches in one night and earn their place in Pro Wrestling Guerrilla history!

Tickets for this event are on sale now on the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla tickets page.

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. Willie Mack & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

DojoBros (Eddie Edwards & Roderick Strong) vs. Future Shock (World Champion Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly)

The Inner-City Machine Guns (Ricochet & Rich Swann) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

The Unbreakable Fucking Machines (Brian Cage & Michael Elgin) vs. World Tag Team Champions Super Smash Brothers (Player Uno & Stupefied)

Non-Tournament Knock-Out or Submission Only Match
Sami Callihan (1-0) vs. Drake Younger

-- As if our annual tag team tournament, DDT4, wasn't enough, we will also feature a non-tournament match between long-time rivals Sami Callihan and Drake Younger! After watching Callihan and Younger beat each other nearly to death at Mystery Vortex, the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Board of Directors thought "Wouldn't it be fun to see that again? And somehow make it more violent?" So now not only has their rematch been made into a Knock-Out or Submission only match, the ante has been upped by also making Callihan vs. Younger into a best-of-three series, with the winner earning a shot at Adam Cole and the Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship! As the cliché goes, if you thought their first match was brutal, you haven't seen anything yet.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's next live event, DDT4, takes place on Saturday, January 12, 2013, at 8:00PM at American Legion Post #308. American Legion Post #308 is located at 7338 Canby Ave., Reseda, CA 91335. Front Row tickets are $35, and General Admission tickets are $30. Online tickets orders are subject to the PayPal Service Charge (2.9% + $0.30). Tickets purchased in advance allow for priority admittance to the venue, along with guaranteed event seating. Online tickets sales for this event will end on January 08, 2013, at 10:00PM. Any remaining tickets will be available for purchase at the door. Tickets are not refundable.

Video recording devices are not permitted. Card subject to change.
Absolutely no outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on American Legion property.
PWG_Silverback
Site Admin

Postby toby80 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:54 am

Awesome line-up!

Bucks-Guns should be a belter :mrgreen:
toby80

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:58 am

eastbay510 wrote:

Second Round

Shit I didn't even think of that .
ShadowMaster

Postby bennym6 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 am

ShadowMaster wrote:
eastbay510 wrote:

Second Round

Shit I didn't even think of that .

I'm pretty sure that was a kayfabe excuse for them wrestling twice lol. I think they just wanted to make up for missing Failure to Communicate.
bennym6

Postby TelkEvolon » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 pm

The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. El Generico & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
Love it, I'd been praying to the gods for years to get one more Steenerico/Briscoes match, I just hope that being a first round match doesn't limit it too much. Dream result right here. I'd have Steenerico win this, Briscoes in PWG are pretty expendable.

Pretty obvious that this will be a quality match, all these guys can go, and go hard should be a great hard hitting battle. I'll have Future Shock going forward

Madness..... Crazy, crazy madness. This should be an over-the-top wild battle 4 young, slick, high flyng superstars all going wild on each other and pulling out all the stops just to make it out of the first round. I'd see ICMG getting the win, we can't only get one match from them.

My least favorite pairing out of all the possible matches to come from the DDT4 announced teams, I really wanna see TUFM go against Bucks or ICMG. But I am sure these to teams will still be able to pull off something special. I think TUFM might get the win just as two guys on the rise in PWG and we haven't seen anything from this team yet.

-Predictions-
Semi Finals:

Steenerico vs Future Shock - I'd have FS get the win, Steenerico just fall apart as Cole pushes them to a frustrating breaking point.

TUFM vs ICMG - ICMG getthe win, they're just too special as a team to not be so fully featured.

Finals:

Future Shock vs ICMG - Future Shock get the win and Cole looks to hold all the belts in 2013.
TelkEvolon

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 am

Just because it would make no sense whatsoever, Briscoes win it all and tell the audience, "Fuck all y'all belts and y'all marks. Greatest tag team on any side of the Mississippi." Yeah, that would be pretty great.
Itchypanda

Postby SlayJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:46 pm

Itchypanda wrote:Just because it would make no sense whatsoever, Briscoes win it all and tell the audience, "Fuck all y'all belts and y'all marks. Greatest tag team on any side of the Mississippi." Yeah, that would be pretty great.

What he said!!! Unless it's a she. I honestly don't know. But probably a dude. ANYHOO....BRISCOES 2013!!!! I want Mark Briscoes teef!!!!! YEEHAW!
SlayJ

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum