El Generico to WWE?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

El Generico to WWE?

Postby toby80 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:17 am

It's been reported by pwponderings.com that El Generico has signed a deal with WWE.

If it's true, he'll be a tremendous loss to the independent wrestling scene, but considering how much he has contributed over the years, he deserves to earn his fame and fortune in the big leagues. If WWE handles him right (and that's a big if) he will be HUGE.

Fingers crossed he gets a PWG send-off. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.
toby80

Re: El Generico to WWE?

Postby ShadowMaster » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 am

Just read that also over on lords of pain , like you said toby80 losing El Generico would be a huge loss to the independent wrestling world but a huge gain if WWE uses him rite . If you let El Generico be El Generico in WWE he would be a huge star especially with the younger fan base . I was worried that PWG wouldn't be able to give me a send off since he was replaced due to injury with Willie Mack for this Saturdays DDT 4 , but it now looks like El Generico is back to teaming with Kevin Steen . So if it is true and he did sign with the WWE and this happens to be his last match for PWG i'm glad I could say I was there for it .
ShadowMaster

Postby toby80 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 am

Generico back in DDT4 :shock: That's great news :mrgreen:

Make sure you guys show him mad love!
toby80

Postby shettler » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:22 am

Good luck, El Generico!
shettler

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm

Sad to see him leave PWG, but it's hard to think of many wrestlers who deserve a shot at the big time more than Generico.
TigerDriver98

Postby Garden State Saint » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:58 pm

TigerDriver98 wrote:Sad to see him leave PWG, but it's hard to think of many wrestlers who deserve a shot at the big time more than Generico.

This is precisely correct. I wish nothing but the best for this guy.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:38 pm

I am hearing that Generico will be the first in many signings that WWE has been interested with the independents lately and I am hearing who WWE is interested and they are part of PWG as of right now although while it sucks that guys are going, I do see this as a nice opportunity for more indie guys to break out hopefully

Anyways, its going to be weird not seeing Generico's name in BOLA this year though
El Asian

Postby BrianS » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:16 am

I read elsewhere that WWE thinks he'll come in handy internationally because he speaks multiple languages.

Do they realize it's a gimmick and he doesn't actually speak much Spanish? Maybe they think the French market is going to be big, who knows?

Also, the jury is out on whether they will keep him masked. How fucking dumb.
BrianS

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:22 am

So after being in denial for the last few days, this news is finally starting to kick in.

Ive been attending PWG shows since June 2009 and I have yet to miss a show. And from what I can recall, in those 3 1/2 years, El Generico has only missed about 3 shows. Kevin Steen may be Mr PWG, but to me, El Generico is the heart and soul of PWG. His always greeting fans before each show. When his "Ole" theme song comes on, the Reseda Legion Hall gets on their feet and start clapping. And he rarely has bad matches

If it is true, and it looks like it is, that the WWE has signed him, this is going to really truly fucking suck! Im happy for El Generico and he deserves the best... but PWG wont be the same.
The Franchise13

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:30 pm

El Asian wrote:Anyways, its going to be weird not seeing Generico's name in BOLA this year though

Theres always the possibility of Generico choking Justin Roberts with a tie, getting released, doing indies for a few months and then getting re-hired.
Garden State Saint

Postby DjEn3rgy21 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:24 pm

BrianS wrote:I read elsewhere that WWE thinks he'll come in handy internationally because he speaks multiple languages.

Do they realize it's a gimmick and he doesn't actually speak much Spanish? Maybe they think the French market is going to be big, who knows?

Also, the jury is out on whether they will keep him masked. How fucking dumb.

He actually speaks french, he had a conversation with my sister once all in french. And traveling from what I've heard he is very fluent from all those years. His spanish however, lol if we go back to the Steenerico/ Danger Bees! promos good or bad, he sells it all over the world.
DjEn3rgy21

Postby Garden State Saint » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:47 am

Garden State Saint

Postby BrianS » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:54 pm

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

BrianS

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:09 am

Unmasking Generico. Another reason why the big E is the worst wrestling company in the world. A big pile of shit.
ESPINOZA316

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 am

At least he got to keep the elbow pads :roll:
Nasty Nate

Postby El Asian » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:25 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:Unmasking Generico. Another reason why the big E is the worst wrestling company in the world. A big pile of shit.

Unless you ignore promotions run by Mr. California, Ian Rotten, or the National Wrestling Alliance in its current state
El Asian

Postby Xlos713 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:40 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:Unmasking Generico. Another reason why the big E is the worst wrestling company in the world. A big pile of shit.

please explain how this hurts him?
Xlos713

Postby ESPINOZA316 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:01 am

Xlos713 wrote:

We don't know if this hurts him personally because we don't know him or atleast i don't. It still doesn't change the fact that Vince always has to crap on everything. Claudio is now a big boring fuck. Hero is watered down. PAC is watered down like crazy. Danielson has the dumbest gimick ever and the list goes on. I understand that the wrestlers want to get paid but can't Vince just give a fuck just a little for wrestling fanatics like us.
ESPINOZA316

Postby Itchypanda » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:21 am

We don't know if this hurts him personally because we don't know him or atleast i don't. It still doesn't change the fact that Vince always has to crap on everything. Claudio is now a big boring fuck. Hero is watered down. PAC is watered down like crazy. Danielson has the dumbest gimick ever and the list goes on. I understand that the wrestlers want to get paid but can't Vince just give a fuck just a little for wrestling fanatics like us.

Whoa, whoa! Hold up. Claudio isn't boring to me in the WWE. I actually like his character and he's often given a decent amount of time to wrestle plus the buildup is slower and thus likely a better payoff. Yes, he's been squashed by Ryback and Orton but they have been more established in that organization. I can't speak about Hero and PAC because I watch NXT off and on in Vimeo. Danielson is highly entertaining and is filling in the old Kurt Angle position (funny one moment and lethal the next moment). I think if you become to smark-y about wrestling it becomes too cynical to watch.

Yes, I would prefer Generico with the mask on, but I'm curious to see him generate a new gimmick since he's been under mask for so damn long. Wait and see what happens. If it's awful, we'll always have wonderful memories of him in PWG and the indy world.
Itchypanda

Postby Xlos713 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:43 am

ESPINOZA316 wrote:
Xlos713 wrote:

Claudio is awesome, dude works hard, has good matches with everyone, including the MIZ. plus hes US Champion. Hero, to me anyway, was always boring and repetitive. dude works hard, but he never gave me something to "mark" for, except when he helped start the CZW vs ROH feud. PAC is watered down, but what you, and most indy fans need to realize, is that the workers know going in that they cant or wont be able to do the "flippity, floppity" style that works in the indys. its their choice to sign with the WWE, no one makes them sign their name on the dotted line, but they do. Why? Because its 99.9% of all wrestlers goal to get signed and work for WWE.

Danielson is another guy who made lemonade outta lemons. went from being fired, to rehired, to being in one of the bigger acts on the show. who doesnt love Team Hell No?

Vince has very little to do with all this stuff now. hes just a business man, and like all business men, he does what he needs to do.
Xlos713

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum