Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Is Your Body Ready? Takes Place June 15! Tickets on Sale

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:58 pm

do0shebag55 wrote:
Xlos713 wrote:whats wrong with general admission?

There's nothing wrong with general admission... But once you've done Front Row as long as Franchise, Itchypanda, SlayJ, CreedP, and several others have for years, you get used to several things: not having anyone in front of you, taking your own life in to your hands, and easily spotting yourself on the DVDs.

Exactly.
The Franchise13

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri May 24, 2013 5:37 am

Xlos713 wrote:whats wrong with general admission?

(In the voice of the ski instructor when South Park went to Colorado) When you go to a PWG show in general admission and your under 5'3, your gonna have a bad time.
Nasty Nate

Postby Xlos713 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:31 am

I did front row for years, but that was before they started charging extra to sit there. 2nd row is just as good and you can see yourself on dvds too. hell even the last row is good cause you can stand up on your chair and see everything. i remember when they had seating on the stage at the Legion Hall, those were perfect. personally, i never understood paying the extra 5 bucks to sit a few inches closer
Xlos713

Postby Nasty Nate » Fri May 24, 2013 11:25 am

Nasty Nate wrote:(In the voice of the ski instructor when South Park went to Colorado) .

It just dawned on me that they are always in Colorado
Nasty Nate

Postby The Franchise13 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Xlos713 wrote:I did front row for years, but that was before they started charging extra to sit there. 2nd row is just as good and you can see yourself on dvds too. hell even the last row is good cause you can stand up on your chair and see everything. i remember when they had seating on the stage at the Legion Hall, those were perfect. personally, i never understood paying the extra 5 bucks to sit a few inches closer

To me, it has nothing to do with being on the DVD, it's just comfortability. I feel more comfortable as far as my space. Especially since I drink a pitcher of beer. Also because I have space to run when you wrestlers are flying at you. Most of the times, I bring my nieces with me, and I have to make sure they're safe.

So again.... I don't mind paying double just to get my comfortability.
The Franchise13

Postby luca brasi » Mon May 27, 2013 4:42 pm

seems to me Front Row would be the LEAST safe place to be!
luca brasi

Postby do0shebag55 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:05 pm

luca brasi wrote:seems to me Front Row would be the LEAST safe place to be!

Front row allows for more room to move to the side on the dives... Second and third row don't offer nearly as much room to get out of the way on quick dives (see Nick Jackson and Paul London)
do0shebag55

Postby El Asian » Wed May 29, 2013 10:25 pm

As mentioned in other topics, not only Sami Callihan is on his way out but Samuray Del Sol is on his way out as well it seems, kinda sucks we are losing Del Sol so soon just as he debut
El Asian

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:02 am

New show title..."Gone in 60 Minutes"
SlayJ

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:43 am

Long night...quite a few drinks in...hopefully I won't embarrass anybody. But I wanted to weigh in on the front row thing. It has nothing to do with ego for us old-schoolers. The fact that we try our best to secure our regular spots in the front row show after show is because we love the sense of community that comes with being a regular fan in Reseda. There's an unwitten code that we all follow where we KNOW our seats..we KNOW our friends seats...and we love looking around and seeing our buddies perched in their spots. It's something that very few people probably really "get". But PWG is something special to all of us. The Legion Hall probably houses the biggest sense of (here's that word again) "community" amongst Pro Wrestling fans since the heyday of ECW at The Arena. And we just love the fact that MAYBE POSSIBLY we do our small part in adding to the atmosphere and the awesomeness of what makes Pro Wrestling Guerrilla such a worldwide success! I just know that I show up in Reseda from San Diego for every show and see the same faces waiting in line, ready to talk Wrestling or whatever and they are truly the greatest people I have a pleasure to know! There have been a few times over the past four or five shows where I wasn't initially able to secure front row seats. And the beautiful thing about my PWG family is, I've always had somebody picking me up and saying "I got ya covered". And that is truly the beauty of what this wrestling promotion means...it's about friendship and sharing the best Pro Wrestling experience possible with amazing people! Yes, I'm pretty drunk as I post this (basically like every show I attend)...but my love for Pro Wrestling Guerriila and all the friends I've made there is second to none! CANNOT WAIT for the next show to arrive!
SlayJ

Postby The Franchise13 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 pm

SlayJ wrote:Long night...quite a few drinks in...hopefully I won't embarrass anybody. But I wanted to weigh in on the front row thing. It has nothing to do with ego for us old-schoolers. The fact that we try our best to secure our regular spots in the front row show after show is because we love the sense of community that comes with being a regular fan in Reseda. There's an unwitten code that we all follow where we KNOW our seats..we KNOW our friends seats...and we love looking around and seeing our buddies perched in their spots. It's something that very few people probably really "get". But PWG is something special to all of us. The Legion Hall probably houses the biggest sense of (here's that word again) "community" amongst Pro Wrestling fans since the heyday of ECW at The Arena. And we just love the fact that MAYBE POSSIBLY we do our small part in adding to the atmosphere and the awesomeness of what makes Pro Wrestling Guerrilla such a worldwide success! I just know that I show up in Reseda from San Diego for every show and see the same faces waiting in line, ready to talk Wrestling or whatever and they are truly the greatest people I have a pleasure to know! There have been a few times over the past four or five shows where I wasn't initially able to secure front row seats. And the beautiful thing about my PWG family is, I've always had somebody picking me up and saying "I got ya covered". And that is truly the beauty of what this wrestling promotion means...it's about friendship and sharing the best Pro Wrestling experience possible with amazing people! Yes, I'm pretty drunk as I post this (basically like every show I attend)...but my love for Pro Wrestling Guerriila and all the friends I've made there is second to none! CANNOT WAIT for the next show to arrive!

SlayJ, you may be drunk, but you perfectly described how I feel aswell... and I'm silver (unfortunately). Its a bond that we all have. Its a bond when we wait outside for 5 hours in line. Its a bond that we all know our respective seats. Its even a bond when something huge happens and we all look at each other, smile at each other, and know that we are enjoying it as the "family" that we are.

I'm pretty sure 2nd row may be great aswell, but I know it won't be the same. Hell, if I saw SlayJ on the 2nd row, I know he won't be 100% happy. Hell, if I saw that SlayJ was seating on the front row, but not on his respective seat, I know that the show won't be the same for him. I know that, because I would feel the same way.
The Franchise13

Postby Xlos713 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:22 pm

i have been going to PWG since Are You Adequately Prepared To Rock?!ive met alot of you and seen alot of you at other shows as well. for me, just being able to get in and sit with my friends is good enough. if its on the stage, the 1st row, or the last row, we all come together and enjoy the show. if you love sitting front row, than by all means, spend the extra dough to sit there. i know that 5 dollars isnt alot of money, but it is enough for me to buy a couple of beers at intermission.

to each their own.
Xlos713

Postby El Generico Mark » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:39 pm

no Roderick "The Anvil" Strong :( still pumped though :P
El Generico Mark

front row thoughts

Postby LwoHeat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Hi All,

Just want to throw my 2 cents in, I've been attending shows since the First MPW show, the old Rev pro shows and every PWG show from the first one forward plus every odd show under the sun back since way back then. After 6 years of amazing so-cal indy action I moved out of state for my career but would still come into town for 4-5 PWG shows a year when I could swing the airfare and find a place to stay. I've sat in the front , in the middle and the last rows of all the various venues. I have to say I love the atmosphere of the PWG in Reseda, its filled with amazing memories for me and it is a family. The past few years when I come down for shows i have sat in the last row cause there really isnt a bad seat in the place. However on special occasions such as bringing in a newbie and wanting them to get the full on front row experience I have moved to the front row. Over the years I have introduced 4 newbies who became diehards to PWG. Hell, one of my best father son experiences was when I brought my Dad to a show and we sat in the 2nd row, I would have loved to sit him front row ringside but it wasnt to be as I was too slow purchasing tickets. So that being said I spent the extra dough on front row seats for this show and I am bringing another newbie and another old die hard like me. Sorry if in the shuffle someone who lays claim to 3 seats in the front row has to move a row or two back, but sometimes in a family you take a different spot at the dinner table so new guests can feel welcome and eat too. And in my mind if I can make this newbie another diehard and PWG gains another fan then we all benefit as it hopefully contributes to PWG living another year for all of us.

Peace love and barbies.
LwoHeat

Postby The_Sharpshooter » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:13 am

Is this thread about the upcoming pwg show or about where one likes to sit at a pwg event?!?.. No offense to anyone, but how about we stop this 'circle-jerk' about the enjoyment of hanging out with your best friend in the front row and lets get back to the topic at hand... On paper, this show spells "Event of the Year".
The_Sharpshooter

Postby El Asian » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 pm

Tickets already closed despite not being June 11, which was the day they would close ticket sales
El Asian

Postby Sickler » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Son of a bitch, I'm gonna have to show up hours early again, aren't I?

Still, good to see them selling out so quickly.
Sickler

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:57 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU....

Damn it, I always bought my tickets the weekend before the show. Now I have to show up like 3 hours before doors open to get in. Oh well., it's always worth it though.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby JAG » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Just got paid yesterday. Was about to buy my tickets now. Totally disappointed I won't be able to go to this show. Waiting over 3 hours for a maybe you'll get in doesn't sound worth it.
JAG

Postby luca brasi » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 pm

99.9% sure you would still get in. It is rare that PWG actually turns away people. Maybe one time..? If there were more, please enlighten me folks
luca brasi

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum