PWG Presents "From Parts Well Known" on June 24!
By Silverback, PWG Staff Writer
False Klamath, CA - When Dino Winwood
took over as Commissioner or Pro Wrestling Guerrilla (http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
,) his goals were simple: to put on the best wrestling shows possible, and to always think of the children. While Commissioner Winwood has been successful in promoting some fantastic wrestling events, it has been relatively unclear how he intended to "think of the children." Would there be candle lit vigils, or daily moments of reflection and remembrance? Would money be donated to charitable organizations, or would children be given the opportunity to work for PWG for little or no pay? Well, that question finally has its answer, because PWG Commissioner Dino Winwood has suspended Dynasty member Scorpio Sky
for one month, based on his conduct at last weekend's "Fear of a Black Planet." How exactly does that help the children? Dino promises to answer that question, and more, in the next paragraph!
Last weekend, The Dynasty's "coming out party" was a resounding success, thanks in part to their successful defenses of both the World title, and the World tag team titles. The Dynasty very nearly put Frankie Kazarian
out of action, but thanks to some quick thinking by B-Boy
, and some even quicker nunchaku-ing by Human Tornado
, Kazarian was spared from the same fate as Super Dragon
. That's all well and good for Frankie, but what about the children? Well, The Dynasty's victories all featured bending of the rules, and in some case, rules were outright broken. The biggest offender was Scorpio Sky, who used interference by Jade Chung
to win his match against "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen
, threw a chair at Dino Winwood (this is known thanks to the magic of video tape, since the Dino's back was turned,) and returned to ringside, after being banned, in order to assist Joey Ryan
in defending his title. Winwood emphatically stated "This sets a bad example for the children, and I will not stand for it! Scorpio Sky's rule breaking has earned him the ultimate time out! And let that be a lesson to all you youngsters out there!"
While one would imagine the "ultimate time out" to be some sort of deathlike state from which there would be no return, Dino was pretty worked up over it, so we'll let him slide.
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "From Parts Well Known" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 7:30PM, and will feature:
PWG World Championship Match
(c) vs. Davey Richards
- The first real victims of The Dynasty were Super Dragon and Davey Richards, whose near 9 month title reign was ended abruptly by Arrogance (Chris Bosh
& Scott Lost
) with help from Joey Ryan. Post match, with Richards incapacitated, The Dynasty proceeded to destroy Super Dragon, injuring him and putting him out of action for an indefinite period of time. When Richards regained consciousness, the damage was done, and The Dynasty was gloating, but they made two very powerful enemies that day, and Davey Richards swore he would have revenge for their stolen belts, and for his fallen partner. Joey Ryan may have The Dynasty in his corner, but will they be enough to stop Davey Richards when he's bent on revenge?
vs. "The Professional" Scott Lost
- B-Boy is probably the only man in the history of professional wrestling to be named number one contender three times in three months, and never receive a title match. Now B-Boy beef with Joey Ryan supersedes the PWG World Championship, and is entirely about hatred between the two men. At first, Joey was using the title to dodge B-Boy, but when B-Boy made it clear he just wanted a shot at "The Technical Wizard," no title on the line, Joey had to do some quick thinking, which is not his specialty. Scott Lost was volunteered to fight in Joey's place, and if Scott wins the match, B-Boy will never again get to face Joey. But if Scott loses the match, B-Boy will get his shot at Joey Ryan at PWG's 3rd Anniversary show, where B-Boy can choose the type of match, and if Joey is still champion, the belt will be on the line!
"Photogenic" Chris Bosh
vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian
- There was a time when Frankie Kazarian only hated Scorpio Sky. Sky cost Frankie matches, repeatedly walloped him with a chair, and cut his trademark ponytail. But immediately after he was cheated out of his third PWG world title reign, Frankie Kazarian was the victim of a four on one beating at the hands of The Dynasty. It was very nearly a duplicate of last month's attack on Super Dragon, until B-Boy and Human Tornado interfered. Now, Frankie's attention has been diverted from just Scorpio Sky to the entire Dynasty, and Chris Bosh has the honor of defending his group against a Frankie Kazarian fans have not seen in some time; a Frankie Kazarian driven by revenge.
Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes
& Rocky Romero
) vs. Alex Koslov
- In recent months, the team of Alex Koslov and Ronin have been turning quite a few heads, but tag teams in PWG were forced to take notice of the duo when they defeated Cape Fear. Some fans think it was an upset, and the pair is destined for greatness, others believe it was just a fluke, and Cape Fear had an off night. Either way, they will have their work cut out for them when the legendary SoCal tag team of Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero, the Havana Pitbulls, reunite to take on the young up and comers!
Cape Fear (El Generico
) vs. Chris Sabin
& Kevin Steen
- Kevin Steen and Chris Sabin may be the smartest men in PWG. Sabin, whose shot at the PWG title was ruined by Scorpio Sky, and Steen, who was defeated by Scorpio Sky only after Jade Chung interfered, have decided to join forces in order to take on The Dynasty. However, before they get a shot at the PWG World Tag Team Champions Arrogance, they'll have to work their way up the ladder. Cape Fear, after their loss to Koslov & Ronin, are looking to climb back up the ranks for a shot at the titles, and a victory against Sabin and Steen could be just the springboard they need.
Plus TJ Perkins
will take on Disco Machine
! And Commissioner Dino Winwood will be on hand to make mildly controversial rulings and hand out lollipops!
A note for fans who are planning on attending PWG's 3rd Anniversary in July: The 3rd anniversary celebration has been changed to only one night, Sunday, July 16. Scheduling conflicts forced us to change the event to one night only, but rest assured, we will be kicking off PWG's 3rd year with a bang! We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "From Parts Well Known" takes place at the Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC on Saturday, June 24, 2006 at 7:30PM. The Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC is located at 1110 Bates Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90029. Tickets are $20 each, and will be available at the door. For more information, please visit http://www.prowrestlingguerrilla.com
or email email@example.com