Ten Takes Place August 9! 10 Years of PWG!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Ten Takes Place August 9! 10 Years of PWG!

Postby The Franchise13 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:29 am

CreedP wrote:And again, I'm not saying TEN was at all a bad show, no sir. It was an outstanding show. But I was really hoping they'd go for topping Steen Wolf, since it is a special occasion. And it didn't feel like they did... sure, the wrestling was amazing, top to bottom , the ladder match was insane... The Panama Destroyer through a table was all kinds of nuts! Nese made a great debut showing, the chicken fight ... great stuff.

Like I said, I just thought we'd get something extra for the celebration of ten years of PWG, the birthday cake after a great meal. Still a good show, still one I'll recommend and buy.

CREED

Creed, I agree with your point of view on the show. KrazieBone, you make some great points too. This show was a classic PWG show, but classic PWG shows dont earn the right to be called Show of the Year. To me, there was something missing in the air. It probably could of been the lack of surprises that we were all hopping there would be. And to me, that missing gap that could of made this show an OMG Show, was filled by disappointment by both heels retaining their belts.

This was a great show. Solid from beginning to end. But called me spoil, but because this was the 10 year anniversary show, I was expecting a tad better.
The Franchise13

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:53 am

Preview is up:
abouttreefitty350

Postby bennym6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:15 am

CreedP wrote:(Sorry for the double post, but since you can't edit your own posts...)
Oh, and the other thing. Both heel champs retaining. That took the wind out of my sails, especially with Cole miraculously shrugging off a freakin' turnbuckle brainbuster! lol If either one had lost to ANYONE else in the match, it would have rocked the place.

It just felt like some weird booking, like when dirtbag heel Triple H builds to the big match at Wrestlemania, then retains the title in the Main Event, only to lose it to the same guy two months later. Why didn't you have him win at the biggest show of the year, instead of using THAT to sell more PPVs? It's backwards. And that's how I felt about Cole 'stealing one' yet again, especially when the crowd is molten hot to see Drake win. Or just to see Cole lose. Or the Bucks.

To put it another way, if Inner City had won the ladder match, you don't have to spend ten minutes thanking the crowd and 'keeping the party going', the crowd would already be celebrating and singing 'All Night Long ' on their own, haha.

But in the end, it is what it is. The show is still good, but in my book, it didn't knock Steen Wolf off the pedestal of Best PWG Show Ever, or DDT4 from Best 2013 Show. Different strokes, I guess. :)

CREED

I love Drake to death but I think PWG staff have other ideas on who is going to beat Cole (probably Kyle O'Reilly). Adam Cole is a great heel and I think the moment of him losing the belt needs to wait a while. As for the Bucks losing, that would be kind of dumb IMO. They just won the belts and I don't think it's the right time yet for them to lose also.
bennym6

Postby bennym6 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:18 am

ShadowMaster wrote:The show was great all the match's were solid from top to bottom . I'm feeling pretty good with my BOLA pick in Kyle O'Reilly he was bumped up on the card and put on a hell of a match with TJP . Me and a couple fans around me were talking about how London looked like he was drunk or on something . There was a scary moment before the show started as fans were lined up getting in the Legion Hall , I believe a fan fell over and hit he's head really hard it was pretty scary but luckly he was ok . Really can't wait for BOLA

Sorry for the double post.

I'm glad someone else is picking Kyle. I picked him to win BOLA forever ago and now people are starting to believe me :).
bennym6

Postby camstun187 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Wow, so now PWG's message board fans are dismissing match quality in favor of the need for a "moment"?

Seriously, don't be douchebags.
camstun187

Postby stormcradledriver » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:44 pm

TEN DVD's ship tomorrow. Amazing turnaround.
stormcradledriver

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum