Cole's title reign (spoiler warning)

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Cole's title reign (spoiler warning)

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:17 am

With the first PWG show of 2014 on the horizon it has really made me reflect on 2013, the constant of 2013? Adam Cole remained champ the entire year, which has me thinking... when he loses the strap will he be considered the greatest of all time? I'll be the first to admit, when Mount Rushmore was formed at BOLA I was worried that Adam Cole's PWG Title run would end up like Matt Taven's ROH TV Title run; where you are 100% sure the match will have a bullshit finish due to interference, and you are just waiting for it the entire match. To Super Dragon and Excalibur's credit Cole got two clean victories over two of independant wrestling's biggest names over All Star Weekend, and has him look much more credible. What are you're guys thoughts? How long do you want to see Cole hold the title? Who do you want to see him defend it against? Who do you want to see take the title? And is Adam Cole the greatest PWG Champ of all time?
eastbay510

Re: Cole's title reign (spoiler warning)

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:20 am

Well, Cole's going to surpass Hero's title reign length record in another 12 days, so he's going to be the greatest ever by that score, at any rate. At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see him hold the belt until the eleventh anniversary show. I'm hoping for defenses against Ricochet and Strong, maybe rematches against O'Reilly and Younger. I do feel that if he takes on one of the latter two a second time, he needs to lose it to them, though. Cole's reign's going to be the longest ever, but he's not going to defend as many times as Hero or Ryan did, but that's not really his fault, since PWG runs so fewer shows now.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:47 am

To be honest, I hope he holds on to it the entire year. I'm assuming if someone beats him at DDT4 they will be in line for a shot, and whoever wins the 4 way as well. I would like to see Candice (if it's a loaded show and it dosen't need to main event), Ricochet, AR Fox, ACH, Roddy, and Chuck Taylor get shots. If they keep him as champ for a long time there is plenty to do.
eastbay510

Postby eldink » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 am

they have built this up to where i think the candice-cole match will be well received...that is because although we usually can anticipate a title retention, one can never be quite sure...candice as a short term champion can create a complete shakeup to the entire roster
eldink

Postby Super Dragon Mark » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 pm

Cole could do a Young Bucks and hold the title for around two years. I feel it...
Super Dragon Mark

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:49 pm

Super Dragon Mark wrote:Cole could do a Young Bucks and hold the title for around two years. I feel it...

I don't, I hope he does, but I don't think there is any way he beats Drake again.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 am

Well with Drake gone soon, its not gonna happen maybe though one guy I would like to get a shot is Rich Swann, who made All Night Long our generation's Enter Sandman despite the fact All Night Long came out before Enter Sandman
El Asian

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum