We Sold our Soul for Rock n Roll

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: We Sold our Soul for Rock n Roll

Postby ShadowMaster » Mon May 19, 2014 7:33 pm

Could have done Lee v.s Steen , Bucks v.s Swann and Fox , still done Gargano v.s Romero , Alexander v.s ACH v.s Ricochet . I would have rather booked Willie Mack over Koslov. But i'm sure he is booked elsewhere . Just my suggestions
ShadowMaster

Postby PWGnorthern » Thu May 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Predictions for tomorrow...

Swann over Fox
Strong def. Cage
Romero over Koslov
Best Friends over Joey & Candice, hopefully challenge Young Bucks for tag titles at anniversary show - Guerrilla Warfare ??
ACH over Ricochet
Steen/Bucks over Lee/Alexander/Gargano - I originally was gonna say Lee/Alexander/Gargano (Everett) winning but with Steen leaving I cant see them having him go out on a losing note
O'Reilly submits Cole

- hopefully Willie Mack has an appearance as well
PWGnorthern

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sun May 25, 2014 12:57 am

WOW, never seen the forum so dead after a show, especially one with a title change. i hope the company isn't starting to lose it's luster.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun May 25, 2014 4:55 am

I imagine all the talk is over on The FaceBook. Was their a return date announced?
Garden State Saint

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 25, 2014 12:17 pm

Sorry, I usaully have my review up faster.

-The first half I really don't want to talk much about, the second half was incredible.

-The crowd was white hot for the opener, I didn't like it nearly as much as everyone else, but it was still really good though.

-Swann/Fox was what you expect, a decient match.

-I hated the tag match with a passion, Chucky T didn't want to hit a woman so he went to the back and dressed like a woman when he came back out. I just did not enjoy this thing at all.

-Kozlov/Romero was good in the last 2 minuites or so, meh before then.

-This was really a tale of two halves, after intermission the rest of the show was incredible.

-ACH/Ricochet was one of the best matches of the night. I was worried before this match that this could be real spot happy, however they really slowed this thing down and it really benefited them. They told a great story of "Can you top this?". This was great to watch, one of the best PWG matches of the year (I know its a small sample size thus far). ACH and Ricochet are two guys who I can definatly see becoming PWG champions in the future.

-Next we have the six man, great as you would expect. The two guys who really stood out are Kevin Steen and Trevor Lee. Kevin just makes every match so much fun, and Trevor did some crazy shit, including
Spoiler: show
a dive over Gargano while he was doing his tarantula variation
. Just like ACH and Ricochet I see Trevor lee as a future (but not for a while) main eventer. But about this match, it got plenty of time and everyone looked good, great stuff.

-The main event was another great match, I don't know if this will make the DVD, but me and Cole were cussing back and forth most of the match, I was so anti-Cole at this show, haha. There was one sequence where
Spoiler: show
they played off the superkick battle they had at Steen Wolf match, the one that ended with the discus lariat
. Lots of interference, which was expected and to be honest it actually helped in this situation.

-After the match Kyle cut a promo saying he will be a fighting champion and he will take on anybody. He was almost in tears while he was talking. The crowd was chanting "O'Reilly" and "You deserve it", man, this was just a moment I am thankful to be able to see live. Kyle is one of the best wrestlers on the indys (the best on the indys in my humble opinion), and it's crazy to see him go from a guy who everyone hated a couple years ago thanks to Jim Cornette and called a "Davey clone" to the PWG Champion. I really couldn't be happier for the guy.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Really pleased for Kyle O'Reilly. Can't wait to see the moment on DVD!

Very excited for Ricochet-ACH too. Been looking forward to this match for a while now.

So what do you guys think we might see at the next show? O'Reilly-Steen? Bucks-Joey&Candice?
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Sun May 25, 2014 7:05 pm

toby80 wrote:Really pleased for Kyle O'Reilly. Can't wait to see the moment on DVD!

Very excited for Ricochet-ACH too. Been looking forward to this match for a while now.

So what do you guys think we might see at the next show? O'Reilly-Steen? Bucks-Joey&Candice?

I defenatly think it will be O'Reilly/Steen, and mabey Young Bucks/Bad Influence.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:10 am

eastbay510 wrote:
toby80 wrote:Really pleased for Kyle O'Reilly. Can't wait to see the moment on DVD!

I defenatly think it will be O'Reilly/Steen, and mabey Young Bucks/Bad Influence.

The Bucks vs. Bad Influence would be awesome :D
toby80

Postby CreedP » Mon May 26, 2014 6:26 pm

I'm expecting Candace & Joey will be the ones to take the straps off the Bucks, since even the DDT winners couldn't get it done. Although... I don't remember the Unbreakable Machines going after the belts, but since they beat just about everyone, that seems like a good possibility too.

Also, since I thought 7 matches at WSOSFRAR would mean a surprise bonus 8th match (I guess they don't do that in PWG, lol), perhaps the return of Christopher Daniels at the 11th Anniversary show in July? :)

CREED
CreedP

Postby pwggrodd » Mon May 26, 2014 8:07 pm

Y'know, it's always kinda bugged me that the UFMs never got a title rematch against the Young Bucks after they lost to them at DDT4 2013. Doesn't look like they'll be getting one either. Oh, well. Maybe they'll get a shot at whoever beats the Bucks.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon May 26, 2014 8:55 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Y'know, it's always kinda bugged me that the UFMs never got a title rematch against the Young Bucks after they lost to them at DDT4 2013. Doesn't look like they'll be getting one either. Oh, well. Maybe they'll get a shot at whoever beats the Bucks.

I can't see them getting a shot against Joey and Candice. If either Cage or Elgin hits Candice with anything and she kicks out it won't look believable at all.
eastbay510

Postby rohgenextfan » Mon May 26, 2014 10:10 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
pwggrodd wrote:Y'know, it's always kinda bugged me that the UFMs never got a title rematch against the Young Bucks after they lost to them at DDT4 2013. Doesn't look like they'll be getting one either. Oh, well. Maybe they'll get a shot at whoever beats the Bucks.

I can't see them getting a shot against Joey and Candice. If either Cage or Elgin hits Candice with anything and she kicks out it won't look believable at all.

The story of the match could be Elgin and Cage having difficulty getting their hands on Candice and hitting their big moves. Would make for a fun match.

Also depends on who gets a title shot first. UFM or Candice/Joey. If the former, I can see Candice/Joey taking the belts from the Youngbucks. But, if Candice/Joey lose, then UFM will probably do it.....Also, any info on Super Smash Brothers' visa issues?
rohgenextfan

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum