ELEVEN

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: ELEVEN

Postby Garden State Saint » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:08 am

So Kazarian last wrestled at PWG 2nd Annual PWG Bicentennial Birthday Extravaganza against Styles. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong
Garden State Saint

Postby pwggrodd » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:45 am

Nope. He made a one night return at Dia de Los Dangerous! in February 2008 to lose Karl Anderson in the first round of a one-day tournament to crown a new champ after Low Ki had to drop the belt. And he lost a Loser Leaves Town match in January 2007, after having been a regular for most of 2006.
pwggrodd

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:44 am

Lets send Steen off the right way and filling that ring with streamers just like Drake got at All Star Weekend 9 . Not sure what color or colors would fit most but lets fill the ring with love and appreciation . There was a pic I saw last night for his last ROH show and he was literally covered head to toe in streamers .
ShadowMaster

Postby jdrouskirsh » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Lets send Steen off the right way and filling that ring with streamers just like Drake got at All Star Weekend 9 . Not sure what color or colors would fit most but lets fill the ring with love and appreciation . There was a pic I saw last night for his last ROH show and he was literally covered head to toe in streamers .

Red and black seem most appropriate, since that's been the most common colors for his merch/ gear...
jdrouskirsh

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Nope. He made a one night return at Dia de Los Dangerous! in February 2008 to lose Karl Anderson in the first round of a one-day tournament to crown a new champ after Low Ki had to drop the belt. And he lost a Loser Leaves Town match in January 2007, after having been a regular for most of 2006.

Oh good call. I should have remembered the Dia de Los Dangerous! thing.
Garden State Saint

Postby El Asian » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Damn shame I'll have to miss this this Saturday due to Comic Con, still should be a great show though I do wish PWG scheduled Eleven last Saturday instead of this Saturday but yeah, I agree that this show is getting overshadowed by BOLA as well and PWG doesn't list the card for Eleven on the front page and I ended up forgetting some matches scheduled for Eleven
El Asian

Postby do0shebag55 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:07 am

El Asian wrote:Damn shame I'll have to miss this this Saturday due to Comic Con, still should be a great show though I do wish PWG scheduled Eleven last Saturday instead of this Saturday but yeah, I agree that this show is getting overshadowed by BOLA as well and PWG doesn't list the card for Eleven on the front page and I ended up forgetting some matches scheduled for Eleven

I'm in the same boat... I'm going to miss Eleven due to San Diego Comic Con, the last PWG show I missed was for the same reason, a show was booked during the same weekend as Comic Con several years ago... And I agree this show is being completely overshadowed. But let's face facts... IT SHOULD BE OVERSHADOWED.

While the anniversary show will be nice, BOLA is what we're all looking forward to. There is a reason BOLA sold out all 3 nights in around 18 hours.

As PWG fans we're all so spoiled, let's just enjoy what we have and praise PWG for giving us an Indy Wrestling Haven. As the wrestling fan who's at the front of these lines, I've met fans from as far as NYC, PA, IL, Australia, China, it's because PWG is special.

So before we complain that a SOLD OUT PWG SHOW is not getting enough pub, why don't we just pull the company line and tell all the haters "In Super Dragon and Excalibur we trust" and go to the shows, and have a great time.
do0shebag55

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:36 pm

All 3 nights of BOLA sold out in 7 hours.
abouttreefitty350

Postby bat4life » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:15 pm

I have 1 front row ticket available for this Saturday. PM if your interested, Thanks!
bat4life

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:26 pm

Brian Cage got injured and won't be at ELEVEN. Gargano will team with Elgin against Best Friends (pretty much guarantees Best Friends win the tag title shot) and Cole vs. Strong will be the number one contender match (I'd say that pretty much guarantees Strong getting the heavyweight title shot, too). Well, that's possibly two guys out of BOLA-both guys in the same match, no less. Also blows the Busick/Gulak vs. Machines match, if Cage misses.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:10 pm

Johnny Gargano is replacing an injured wrestler in a tag match for the second show in a row.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 pm

Since a couple of people on here seemed to have trouble accepting it was true, I should note that Kevin Steen tweeted this-"10 years ago, I stayed up all night in anticipation for my flight to my 1st @OfficialPWG show. Tonight, I do the same for the last one." It's a done deal guys.
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:26 am

pwggrodd wrote:Since a couple of people on here seemed to have trouble accepting it was true, I should note that Kevin Steen tweeted this-"10 years ago, I stayed up all night in anticipation for my flight to my 1st @OfficialPWG show. Tonight, I do the same for the last one." It's a done deal guys.

PWG clearly has a very special place in Steen's heart. It's gonna be an emotional night!
toby80

Postby JAG » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:20 am

jdrouskirsh wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Lets send Steen off the right way and filling that ring with streamers just like Drake got at All Star Weekend 9 . Not sure what color or colors would fit most but lets fill the ring with love and appreciation . There was a pic I saw last night for his last ROH show and he was literally covered head to toe in streamers .

Red and black seem most appropriate, since that's been the most common colors for his merch/ gear...

I will be bringing red, black and white
JAG

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:14 pm

I started going to PWG in 2004 so I've been watching steen live for years since he was almost like a kid. Its sad that he's leaving but im happy for him. Steen is as much PWG as the original PWG 6 imo. Hes gonna be missed.

The return of frankie is another reason to not miss this show. Old school fans may remember that he was a big part of PWG in the early years. And he was a huge advocate for PWG back in the days.

I cant wait for tonight.
shyboy13

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:21 am

Spoilers for the show tonight. It was awesome and I had a great time. I will post a bunch of pictures tomorrow. I'm very tired, so winners are bolded:

The Young Bucks vs. The World's Cutest Tag Team (PWG World Tag Team Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match)

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Chris Hero (PWG World Championship Match)

Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong (PWG World Championship No 1 Contender Match)

The Unbreakable F'N Friends vs. Best Friends (PWG World Tag Team Championship No 1 Contender Match)

Kevin Steen vs. Trevor Lee

Cedric Alexander vs. ACH

Rocky Romero vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Frankie Kazarian vs. Brian Kendrick
abouttreefitty350

Postby toby80 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:41 am

abouttreefitty350 wrote:Spoilers for the show tonight. It was awesome and I had a great time. I will post a bunch of pictures tomorrow. I'm very tired, so winners are bolded:

The Young Bucks vs. The World's Cutest Tag Team (PWG World Tag Team Championship Guerrilla Warfare Match)

Kyle O'Reilly vs. Chris Hero (PWG World Championship Match)

Adam Cole vs. Roderick Strong (PWG World Championship No 1 Contender Match)

The Unbreakable F'N Friends vs. Best Friends (PWG World Tag Team Championship No 1 Contender Match)

Kevin Steen vs. Trevor Lee

Cedric Alexander vs. ACH

Rocky Romero vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Frankie Kazarian vs. Brian Kendrick

Thanks dude! I look forward to seeing the pics :P

Really happy for Candice and Joey. They've really worked towards this.

And, of course, huge kudos to Kevin, for a wonderful PWG career. You will be much missed!
toby80

Postby loserkings007 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:33 am

Awesome seeing everyone again, great time!
loserkings007

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:59 am

Pictures! There's a lot, so I'll use the spoiler tag so it doesn't clog up the board:

Spoiler: show
abouttreefitty350

Postby CreedP » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:12 am

In my humble opinion, this is the Show of the Year so far, but that may not mean much with 3 days of BOLA a month away... :)

Still, fantastic show, exceeded my expectations in nearly every match. Matches I thought would be 'good' were great, matches I thought would be 'great' were incredible. Much respect and thanks to everyone involved with the show last night.

Shame to see Kevin go, but best of luck to him in W... er, at the Orphanage. heh Seeing Steen bathed in streamers as he rolled around like some freak 'party' monster was so hilarious.

Props to everyone involved.. except Legion Larry for not having the A/C going before we walked in to cool it down, it was 95 outside and much hotter inside, sighs. It doesn't make it easy wearing a trenchcoat to the show, lemmetellya, hehe

Major.. MAJOR Props to Candace, holy hell she was a mess but it was an incredible match and seeing them finally beat the Young Bucks for the titles was the 'happy ending' to a show I've been waiting for, for months now... :) Kudos to everyone, but especially to her, here's why:

CREED
CreedP

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum