Your top 5 matches in PWG history.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Your top 5 matches in PWG history.

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 pm

There are no wrong answers here, I'm curious what everyone's favorite matches in PWG are. You can just list them or give a little summery if you want as to why you love those matches.

Here's mine(keep in mind I have only been going to shows since 09);

1) Akira Tozawa vs Chris Hero-BOLA 2010 Night 2:

I'm sorry but this show sucked, on top of that a lot of fans to this point were not impressed by Tozawa. I really wasn't that excited for this match... but this match proved me way wrong. Out of all the matches I've ever seen in wrestling I have never been as emotionally invested as I was with this classic. It was great on DVD, but the atmosphere in the building was incredible.

2) Future Shock vs Young Bucks-Steenwolf:
3) Drake Younger vs B-Boy-Threemendous III:
4) Kenny Omega vs Davey Richards-As The Worm Turns
5) ACH vs Kyle O'Reilly-BOLA 2013 Night 2
eastbay510

Re: Your top 5 matches in PWG history.

Postby jonny craig » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:06 am

eastbay510 wrote:1) Akira Tozawa vs Chris Hero-BOLA 2010 Night 2:

I'm sorry but this show sucked, on top of that a lot of fans to this point were not impressed by Tozawa. I really wasn't that excited for this match... but this match proved me way wrong. Out of all the matches I've ever seen in wrestling I have never been as emotionally invested as I was with this classic. It was great on DVD, but the atmosphere in the building was incredible.

I was there, that was an awesome match, I kinda felt bad for the main event.

Off the top of my head:
1.Brian kendrick & the young bucks vs Cima & motor city machine guns
2.Bryan Danielson vs Kenny Omega
3.El Generico vs Kevin Steen Ladder Match
4.Bryan Danielson vs El Generico for the title
5.Young Bucks vs Future Shock vs Super Smash Brothers Ladder Match
jonny craig

Postby luca brasi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:48 am

2010 BOLA N2 sucked?
I really don't remember the whole show, but I can say I do NOT remember a PWG show where the whole show "sucked"... maybe a match or two, but the whole show..? I have to go back and see why.
luca brasi

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Trust me, it's bad. Hero goes from having the best match of the night to the worst in just a couple of hours-the Joey Ryan/Chris Hero final is a poor match. It was a match that had already happened a couple of times recently, so nobody wanted to see it, and everyone wanted Claudio in the final, so the crowd was already angry-and then Hero and Ryan went out and did nothing but throw elbows and superkicks. And the superkicks and elbows all ended up meaningless because the match ended on a small package. Other than Tozawa/Hero, everything else on the show was blah, and ending the night and the tournament on a match that was bad, that no one wanted to see, and featured a guy winning that nobody wanted to win was a bad move. Left a really bad taste in the mouth. Luckily, PWG corrected its mistakes soon thereafter.
pwggrodd

Postby luca brasi » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:24 am

Ha ha, I believe you now...excellent explanation!
luca brasi

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum