Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns 2/27/15

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Returns 2/27/15

Postby toby80 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:26 am

It's a real shame about Uhaa. If the rumours of him being NXT bound are true, then we saw him far too briefly in PWG.

Still, good luck to him... he more than deserves it!

Glad to see Ricochet vs. Sydal added. Those two have such good chemistry.
toby80

Postby SlayJ » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:11 am

Definitely a "different" looking card for PWG, but I could see this being that "springboard show" that kicks off a whole new era of the Guerrilla! With Cage's status in limbo at the moment, I'd personally do a switcheroo on a couple things to get him involved. With so many of the main singles contenders being recent contract casualties, why not take three of the most established PWG guys (Hero/Ciampa/Cage) and do a triple threat #1 contenders match? You could build up the winner of that as the next challenger for the winner of Strong/Lee. Have Gulak and Alexander go one-on-one (which I think would be a fun match) and there ya go.
SlayJ

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:42 pm

Sucks about Uhaa but the card still looks great and I was gonna express disappointment about Brian Cage being gone from the card but then I just found out Justin Gabriel quit the WWE, so now I'm thinking it be a perfect time for PWG to take advantage of this and hopefully add one extra match between Cage and Gabriel, fitting given both men's history back in WWE developmental as well.
El Asian

Postby PWGnorthern » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:25 pm

From Out Of Nowhere.... great show name, and great graphic on the front. Fantastic
PWGnorthern

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 pm

ACH vs AR Fox has been added. Good, I feel like 7 matches is a bit short for a full card.
pwggrodd

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:03 pm

Tried to get front row, but it sold out instantly. Oh well, general admission will do!
abouttreefitty350

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:18 pm

Holy shit, general admission is gone!
abouttreefitty350

Postby eldink » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:18 pm

this is ridiculous ...you're shutting out your loyal customers and creating a ticket scalping situation..sell tickets at the show for the next one
eldink

Postby do0shebag55 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:20 pm

Hope you all got your tickets, Front Row OR Otherwise... Sold out in at least 10 minutes, may have been faster but that's when I noticed that all tickets were gone.

As per the scalping, I've never noticed that. Most people who come to the show around 2-3PM get tickets at face value from the people who had flakey friends that cancelled. And everyone else in line almost always get in by paying at the door.
do0shebag55

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:26 pm

I've been going to PWG for almost 9 years, and I've never seen anyone turned away at the door. Everyone who came to buy tickets at the door for Danielson's return show got in, everyone got in the night that people thought CM Punk might show up, and everyone has gotten in since the boom in popularity over the last two years. You may be standing, but you'll get in.
abouttreefitty350

Postby eldink » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:38 pm

i am looking to trade two ga tix for one front row.. i'm a little too old to stand in line for 5 hours...even up....no cash involved
eldink

Postby Dangerous Robot » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:24 pm

I had to work late and wasn't able to get tickets. Anyone have two or even three General Admission?
Thanks!
Dangerous Robot

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:56 am

abouttreefitty350 wrote:I've been going to PWG for almost 9 years, and I've never seen anyone turned away at the door. Everyone who came to buy tickets at the door for Danielson's return show got in, everyone got in the night that people thought CM Punk might show up, and everyone has gotten in since the boom in popularity over the last two years. You may be standing, but you'll get in.

that's all well and good i guess but really sucks for people who travel. i was at the PWG debut show and love the company but i'm not driving for 3+ hours then standing in live for 4+ and then have to watch the show standing, it's just too much even for me much less my son and his mom.

it's a sad fact of life that things have to change and i'll continue to support the company by purchasing DVDs and telling anybody who will listen how awesome the shows are but i just don't see being able to attend live shows in my future any anymore :cry:
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby Dangerous Robot » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:53 am

LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i'm not driving for 3+ hours then standing in live for 4+ and then have to watch the show standing, it's just too much even for me much less my son and his mom.

Ask around, maybe has extra tickets or just one even so you wife can go inside and save you seats. Stop whining and get creative man. Just as anything else in life, if you want something bad enough you'll find a way to get it!
Dangerous Robot

Postby AmericanWolvesMark » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:23 am

I bought tickets the second the clock showed 8 PM on Thursday. As legendary as the Legion Hall has become, Excalibur, Supes, and the rest of the PWG booking team have to address this problem soon. I've gone to pretty much every PWG show since Threemendous II with a few exceptions. Black Cole Sun was only the second time where I didn't go to the show because pre-sale tickets sold out so fast. This is the second show in a row that this has happened where all tickets sell out in 10 minutes or less. I'm fucking elated that PWG has reached this status within the wrestling community(especially locally) where every show is a "Must-see" show. However, I fear a lot of people who I've become friends with over the years are probably going to stop going because they just won't be able to buy tickets in time. Hell, I may eventually become one of those people if this continues to happen. I think the time to seriously consider moving to a bigger venue is here. Like I said, I'm glad that PWG is making new die-hards with each new show, but they can't forget or more bluntly, neglect the people who have been coming for years now and their desire to continue to come year after year. I know that Larry rents the building cheap, and everybody loves the place, but yeah, they gotta move somewhere else now.
AmericanWolvesMark

Postby LBOinyamouf4sho » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:26 am

Dangerous Robot wrote:
LBOinyamouf4sho wrote:i'm not driving for 3+ hours then standing in live for 4+ and then have to watch the show standing, it's just too much even for me much less my son and his mom.

Ask around, maybe has extra tickets or just one even so you wife can go inside and save you seats. Stop whining and get creative man. Just as anything else in life, if you want something bad enough you'll find a way to get it!

i don't think it's whining to xpress a feeling sadness about not being able to attend live shows anymore after so many years, again i'm happy for PWG and wish them continued success.

i've accepted that my viewing will just have to be on DVD xclusively now and that's good enough for me.
LBOinyamouf4sho

Postby JAG » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:29 am

PWG= Supply and demand and its finest
JAG

Postby do0shebag55 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 pm

AmericanWolvesMark wrote:. I know that Larry rents the building cheap, and everybody loves the place, but yeah, they gotta move somewhere else now.

This comment always comes up and I have a weird perspective on this.

Larry sat a show sat beside me for a couple of minutes Front Row 2 years ago as the masses were filing in. Among the many things I gleamed from Larry was that the rent for the building he charges is dirt cheap. Without going over the exact number, it's way South of $1k. He makes it all back on booze.

Now think of this "problem" in the shoes of the guys promoting the show. Reseda is a magical place, there is no denying that. Why would PWG brass think of changing venues when every show at Reseda sells out in less than 6 min and the overhead is so low? Changing venues creates new problems aside from rent prices, does the other place sell booze, will they want rails, will they want 21- people at a place that will sell booze, etc.

TBH, PWG selling out tickets in 6 min is only a problem for people who are lazy and just want things handed to them. I've haven't had a problem buying Front Row tickets for PWG for the last 6 years. I have no sympathy for anyone who can't check out on Paypal in 6 minutes.

TL; DR If anything, if I were PWG brass, why would I change anything? If anything, the solution is to run more shows at Reseda, since we're only getting 10 ish shows a year.
do0shebag55

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:18 pm

I live in SoCal now,but I'm from San Leandro,which is next to Oakland. I used to wake up at 6, drive from there to San Francisco to pickup my friend, to San Jose to pick up another friend, then to Reseda, over 7 hours total, and I would still be there first. The point is show up early and you will get in,and even if they had to turn away people,it would be the fans at the end of the line. Just show up before 5 and you will get in.

And I disagree about moving venues. I'm not gonna talk about the atmosphere, because we all know. Because Reseda is so cheap to run they are able to have the amount of fly in's that they have. PWG just lost O'Reilly, Cole, Elgin, Fish, and Uhaa. and not to long before that they lost Steen and Drake. Do we really want to risk losing more guys? PWG has a cool factor that other indys do not have, they didn't get that by sacraficing quality. Remember they have to sell DVD's along with tickets to the show.
eastbay510

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:53 pm

Dangerous Robot wrote:

Ease up on LBO, Robot. He's not whining. He's an old school fan just like you and I are and he has a good point. I am in a similar situation. I always plan on going to shows too but the tickets are far too often sold out. I no longer have the desire to get there 3-4 hours early just to POSSIBLY get let in or POSSIBLY stand all night. Its too risky so I generally just choose not to take the risk. i would love to attend more shows (since ive been going for over 10 years) but it just takes too much time and effort now. If I were guaranteed a seat and I didnt have to stand in line for hours I would no doubt attend almost every show like I did for so many years.

On a related note, im proud that PWG has grow in status the way it has. It just sucks that there are so many more people who are left out.
shyboy13

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum