Bowie

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: Bowie

Postby pwggrodd » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Hey, just look at it this way-even if it is just these 7 matches, it ain't bad. Besides, ASW XII is apt to be loaded.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:31 pm

pwggrodd wrote:Hey, just look at it this way-even if it is just these 7 matches, it ain't bad. Besides, ASW XII is apt to be loaded.

Absolutly Right, but they haven't announced that they are done adding matches so we are going to keep speculating until then.

By the way Candice is in AIW that night, and Dickenson is in Europe I believe.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:10 pm

Also we can count out Elgin as well since he is working NJPW on that day as well but if we don't have an announcement of an 8th match this week, I guess its possible to have a surprise match day of the show or BOWIE will be a 7 match show, fine either way with PWG though.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:41 am

You know who is avlaible? Ospreay just tweeted he has feb 12 free.

He also tweeted he has march 4th free, but not the 5th. Meaning he probally isnt booked for ASW.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:33 pm

I be fine for Ospreay to return, I don't know who he could face though. I would hope some of the luchadors or Team Tremendous are available on the 12th as well. Though it would be possible for Ospreay to work night 1 of All Star Weekend I guess.
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:19 am

Just wondering what we can expect for lining up at the Legion Hall before the show tomorrow ?
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:28 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Just wondering what we can expect for lining up at the Legion Hall before the show tomorrow ?

Larry said he is going to let us in a half hour every show. So probally 7 or 7:30 if he sticks to this, I lost count at this point. I'm still going to line up until he kicks us out again.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:28 am

Half hour later each show is what I meant to say.
eastbay510

Postby ShadowMaster » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:32 am

Yea I figured nothing would be done , guess it's line across the street again. By the time BOLA comes around I'm sure they will have us line up at the Rite Aid.
ShadowMaster

Postby shyboy13 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:46 am

This board has always been a ghost town but it's never been this bad. Results?
shyboy13

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:08 pm

I am a little late, but here is my review for Bowie.

-Before the show started I got to meet Becky Lynch, who was there as a fan. She couldn't have been nicer, she took pictures with anybody who asked.

-Show started with Excalibur Talking about the passings of Lemmy and Bowie, and thanking Bryan Danielson. Most of the fans were respectful, but a small minority were acting like assholes, which they would keep doing throughout the night.

-Dalton Castle's entrance was as epic as you would expect. He had a couple local wrestlers playing his boys. When he came out he got one of the loudest pops I have ever heard in that building. Match started out super fun for a little, but really started to drag as it went on. It should have been way shorter. That being said Dalton will be back without a doubt, he was more impressive then the match was if that makes sense, and got over huge.

-Trent/Hero was the first sleeper match of the night. Started off real slow at the start, but really got great down the stretch. Probably the best match I have ever seen from Trent, and the second best match of the night in my opinion.

-Sami vs Jack and Cole vs Everett were not that great. I don't get the love for Everett to be honest, it was pretty clear he was not in Cole's league in this one.

-Intermission. There was the beer line and the Dalton Castle line. The beer line was longer, but not by much.

-Lee vs Sabre. Lee came out to Born in the USA by Bruce Springsteen, which was so much better than his old theme. Holy shit, Trevor was such an asshole in this one. I remember when he debuted he was really quiet, well in this one he was doing the Kevin Steen thing where he was yelling and cussing throughout the match, excpet it wasn't funny like Kevin is. It really suited him, he came off like such a prick. During this match some of the new fans were getting on Sabre and started a "USA" chant, which we replied with a "Shut the fuck up" chant. Only in Reseda. Great as you would expect, but only my third best match of the night.

-Speedball vs Evil Uno. This is not what I expected at all, and I mean that that in the best way possible. I thought this would be a fun match, and I had never seen this new Evil Uno character and I assumed he would be a goofy heel, as he has always been a goofy face. I could not have been more wrong, this was the second sleeper match and the match of the night. Uno almost came off as a bigger prick then Lee did. He was vicious in this one, stiffed the fuck out of Bailey. This one almost felt like a fight at times, and they had the crowd going ape shit. When Uno came out he didn't get much of a pop with all the newer fans, by the end he was over as hell. I can not say enough good things about this match.

-Roddy vs Galloway was a very good match that could have been great. The crowd never bought for a second that Drew had a chance in hell of winning, but that is not the fault of the wrestlers, just the situation. Both guys really busted their asses and delivered another stiff match.

-Cole came out and he and Roddy attacked Drew and attempted to put him through open chairs via End of Heartache like he did to O'Reilly in 2014 until Sabre made the save. Roddy cut a promo challenging Sabre for the title at ASW N1.

-Overall, lots of ups, some downs. worth the DVD purchase for the Trent/Hero and Uno/Bailey matches alone.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:44 pm

One thing that really upsets me about this show is that the world will never see the Dalton Castle pop. That was honestly one if not the loudest reactions I have heard in 5+ years of shows. So Super Dragon, Excalibur, or anyone from Highspots who may be reading this; please don't let this moment be lost, at least release it as a Youtube exclusive.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:00 am

Thanks for the review eastbay :)

It's exciting to know that Roddy vs. Zack happens in just a few short weeks!
toby80

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum