Bowie

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Bowie

Postby El Asian » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Might as well have a topic for the next show since tickets go on sale soon. No card, so this is either a Mystery Vortex show or they probably could just reveal the card later on, before tickets go on sale or after.
El Asian

Re: Bowie

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:49 pm

Dalton Castle debut, haven't seen much of him but have heard good things, Evil Uno coming back, that's only good news!
PWGnorthern

Postby abouttreefitty350 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:03 pm

Got my tickets! Best of luck to everyone!
abouttreefitty350

Postby pwggrodd » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Dalton Castle debuting at a show titled Bowie feels so, so right. Also, hey, at least half of the SSB is back! Tickets page said more to be announced, so this might not be the full card...
pwggrodd

Postby toby80 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:02 am

Not the strongest of cards, but I very much look forward to Trevor Lee and Zack Sabre Jr.

And it'll be great too see Player Uno back (or should I say, Evil Uno!).
toby80

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:32 am

I actually really like this card, on paper this actually sounds better then Lemmy. Intresting that there are no tags in two shows, a couple years ago when the roster was 90% flyers a card of singles matches is something I would have dreaded, but I feel the roster is diverse enough these days to be able to pull it off.

New Japan and Progress are running that weekend, so I kinda expected a thin roster for this one to be honest.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:15 pm

Though I'm sure people know already, here is the full card:

Singles Match
Dalton Castle vs. Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
"Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Evil (Player) Uno

Singles Match
Chris Hero vs. Trent?

Singles Match
Adam Cole vs. Andrew Everett

Singles Match
Trevor Lee vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Roderick Strong (Champion) vs. Drew Galloway (Challenger)

Plus more to be announced!

Solid card and of course the mention "more to be announced", hopefully they announce something about that or just have them day of the show

eastbay510 wrote:New Japan and Progress are running that weekend, so I kinda expected a thin roster for this one to be honest.

Regarding New Japan, yeah, Bucks mentioned they'll be there as well as Kyle, Sydal, Ricochet, and Omega. If Michael Elgin is available, I would like for him to be added to this, I was gonna maybe suggest him vs. Thatcher but then I realize Thatcher is working Progress that night. Also since Trent? is working this show, I assume Rocky Romero will be available and I wouldn't mind seeing him on the card. As for Progress, as mentioned that Thatcher is working that show as well as Tommy End, I assume Scurll, Ospreay, and Andrews will be working Progress as well. Still, I hope we get a tag match or 2, like bring back Team Tremendous or even debut teams like War Machine or Tabarnak de Team. Also if nothing conflicts with AAA, I would love to see the return of the luchadores again and also maybe bring back Chris Dickinson as well.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:17 pm

So far we know End and Thatcher(if he is healthy by then) will be at Progress. Scurll will probally be champ by then, and Ospreay dosen't miss shows. If they are waiting to announce something I'm assuming either it's something big or they haven't figured it out yet.

Mabey we will see some new talent like Lio Rush or Tracy Williams. If it's a tag team match Country Jacked would be awesome to see.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:25 am

That seems fair, I think Ospreay is the current champion as well but if Mark Andrews isn't working Progress at the very least, I wouldn't mind having him for this. I would be fine with Lio Rush, Tracy Williams, or even Joey Janela debut as well. I don't know anything about Country Jacked but should be fine I guess.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:02 pm

El Asian wrote:That seems fair, I think Ospreay is the current champion as well but if Mark Andrews isn't working Progress at the very least, I wouldn't mind having him for this. I would be fine with Lio Rush, Tracy Williams, or even Joey Janela debut as well. I don't know anything about Country Jacked but should be fine I guess.

Country Jacked is Corey Hollis and Adam Page from ROH. I have zero desire to ever see Joey Janela in a PWG ring.
eastbay510

Postby The Franchise13 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:11 pm

El Asian wrote:Though I'm sure people know already, here is the full card:

Singles Match
Dalton Castle vs. Chuck Taylor

Singles Match
"Speedball" Mike Bailey vs. Evil (Player) Uno

Singles Match
Chris Hero vs. Trent?

Singles Match
Adam Cole vs. Andrew Everett

Singles Match
Trevor Lee vs. Zack Sabre, Jr.

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Match
Roderick Strong (Champion) vs. Drew Galloway (Challenger)

Plus more to be announced!

Solid card and of course the mention "more to be announced", hopefully they announce something about that or just have them day of the show

I've never been let down by a PWG Show, so I'm sure this show will be great.

My question is..... why aren't they booking Strong vs Sabre?
The Franchise13

Postby El Asian » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 pm

If I had to guess, I would expect Strong vs. Sabre for All Star Weekend hopefully and given the story of Strong loves using distractions and attacking refs to keep his title, I could see PWG using a special guest referee or enforcer for Strong vs. Sabre as well, but that's just me suggesting stuff. Also Jack Evans vs. Sami Callihan is now confirmed
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:16 pm

I'm assuming they are letting it build a little longer. This is the biggest match they have had in years. To be honest I was pissed when they didn't book it at Lemmy, but now I'm cool with it. I expect it to happen at 13.

If they wait too long this match will get Tyler Black syndrome, but they are not there yet.
eastbay510

Postby eastbay510 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:18 pm

El Asian wrote:If I had to guess, I would expect Strong vs. Sabre for All Star Weekend hopefully and given the story of Strong loves using distractions and attacking refs to keep his title, I could see PWG using a special guest referee or enforcer for Strong vs. Sabre as well, but that's just me suggesting stuff. Also Jack Evans vs. Sami Callihan is now confirmed

I think they can go two directions; no stipulation and try for a 5 star match(which is what I'm hoping for), or Guerrilla Warfare.
eastbay510

Postby eldink » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:33 am

please no warfare...they are too talented to bring in weapons into a singles match
eldink

Postby eastbay510 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:06 am

eldink wrote:please no warfare...they are too talented to bring in weapons into a singles match

I agree, I hope they attempt to go for a 5 star classic.
eastbay510

Postby El Asian » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:04 pm

I agree for no Guerrilla Warfare for Sabre vs. Strong, hell personally wouldn't mind for no Guerrilla Warfare for all year this year but if there is a stip between Strong and Sabre, I say have KO or Submission Only match. Also I think holding off Sabre vs. Strong until 13 seems a bit too long and to have, I say would prefer to have it sooner and by All Star Weekend 12 coming at the very least.
El Asian

Postby eastbay510 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:31 am

Is there gonna be another match or has everything been announced? They haven't said anything either way.
eastbay510

Postby PWGnorthern » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Seven matches now, im expecting one more to be announced
PWGnorthern

Postby bford24 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:10 am

Any last minute match won't include Brian Cage, Johnny Gargano or Ray Rowe as they are all on the VIP promotion in Dallas that night so guess that means War Machine is out too
bford24

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum