THIRTEEN

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Re: THIRTEEN

Postby eastbay510 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:09 pm

Some thoughts on the show:

-It was hot as fuck in that venue. Possibly the hottest I have ever experienced. As a result I had no energy for most of the show.

-Speaking of low energy, I don't know if it was the heat or if there were just a lot of new fans, but it was a weird energy in that building. Weird chants, and a lot of assholes yelling stupid shit(more on that later).

-keep in mind that this is just my opinion, but I did not like the first half at all, and neither did a lot of people I talked to. Not awful, but nothing had me jumping up and down.

-Cole vs Cage, bleh. Glad Cole is out of BOLA to be honest. Can't remember the last time he has had a good singles match.

-Thatcher/Roddy was solid, nothing special. Got good towards the finish.

-Cobb vs Lee had a lot of nice spots, didn't flow very well though.

-Trent vs Chuck was a good match that would have been a lot better if it had a story or promos behind it. They used a lot of weapons, which was cool, but without a story didn't make a lot of sense.

-Sami vs Scurll... Ok, at this point in the show I was just waiting for this show to start picking up, and this Space Cat gimmick did absolutly nothing for me, but it got over so... meh. Lots of meowing, scratching, weird shit like that. Once it got out of the comedy it got great. Marty is so good at these hot finishing sequences. If this was more serious I felt this would have been amazing, but I'm gonna assume other people who were into the cat gimmick will disagree.

-Bucks vs DBE. Here we go. This was tremendous just amazing stuff... But before the match some asshole was mouthing off to Hero, Hero went on a long rant abd this asshole kept of talking shit. Hero went into the crowd and pushed him as hard as he could. Fuck that dude. Anyway... great stuff as expected. Dunn took a doomsday superkick to the floor and took a nasty bump, he was limping after the match, hopefully he is ok.

-I wish DBE took the tag titles. In 2016 there have only been 4 teams booked so far, one the Bucks, the other 3 have lost title matches to the Bucks. I honestly have no clue who can win those belts now, I expect the Bucks to hold on to them for another year or two just because I don't see anothwr option now.

-O'Reilly vs Sabre. Honestly, more than likely the PWG match of the year, I will have to buy the DVD to confirm that. Incredible stuff, felt like an 06 ROH Bryan Danielson classic. I won't spoil any spots, you need to see this match. Funny enough the crowd was drained at the beginning, just no more energy the first few minutes. They had the crowd going balistic by the end. I can not put this over enough.

-After O'Reilly vs Sabre ebds Roddy comes out and demands a rematch for the title, which is granted. Apparently it's no DQ. Tons of interference, but in a good way. They didn't try to go for a 5 star classic, which is a smart move. This was a sprint. Reminded me of Steen vs Claudio from 8. Just tons of fun.

-After the match Roddy has a giant smile on his face. Zack asks "are we done?" Roddy replies "For now". Roddy grabs the mic and the crowd instantly realises this is it for him in PWG. Rushmore comes out, teases the turn, but they hug it out. And the rest of the locker room comes out. After being the biggest heel for the last couple years it was so nice to see him break character and just let us thank him. He said the best part of PWG is he was able to meet his finace, who was on the stage. Once Roddy said that she started bawling, I hope the camera got that on camera, it was such a sweet moment. Chants of "Thank you Roderick" and "You deserve it" filled the building as we say goodbye to an independent wrestling legend.

-This was a show of two halves. First half was not very good, second was as good as PWG gets(aside from Sami's gimmick), with 2 classics and the farewell. Definitely buy this when it is released on DVD.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:26 pm

Great to hear that Roddy got a proper send-off.

Very well deserved.
toby80

Postby El Asian » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:22 pm

eastbay510 wrote:-Cole vs Cage, bleh. Glad Cole is out of BOLA to be honest. Can't remember the last time he has had a good singles match.

I don't know, I've enjoyed Cole's matches with Sabre, Bailey, and Dalton this year
El Asian

Postby ShadowMaster » Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:39 pm

Theres been some rumblings on twitter that people snuck in after intermission if thats the case thats some serious bullshit.
ShadowMaster

Postby eastbay510 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:13 am

ShadowMaster wrote:Theres been some rumblings on twitter that people snuck in after intermission if thats the case thats some serious bullshit.

Yea, and aside from people bassicly stealing from the company and disrespecting those who actually paid, if this keeps up I'm assuming either there will be no reentry so no going outside for intermission. Or they have to recheck tickets, which would cause intermission to go on forever, causing later shows or shorter matches, and really suck if you lose your ticket.

Some serious bullshit.
eastbay510

Postby toby80 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 am

Just watched the THIRTEEN preview, and man... the Sabre Jr-O'Reilly match looks absolutely killer. So brutal.
toby80

Postby Jack » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:00 am

THIRTEEN is now shipping!
Jack

Postby Garden State Saint » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:17 pm

eastbay510 wrote:
ShadowMaster wrote:Theres been some rumblings on twitter that people snuck in after intermission if thats the case thats some serious bullshit.

Yea, and aside from people bassicly stealing from the company and disrespecting those who actually paid, if this keeps up I'm assuming either there will be no reentry so no going outside for intermission. Or they have to recheck tickets, which would cause intermission to go on forever, causing later shows or shorter matches, and really suck if you lose your ticket.

Some serious bullshit.

Wristbands if you go outside once you're inside. Solved.
Garden State Saint

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum