2017 Year End Awards

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

2017 Year End Awards

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 am

Ok, so last time I posted one of these things no one else was into it, don't know if anyone will be into it this time, but with no show announcement yet and I'm bored waiting for turkey in a couple days, so here we go, haha.

Wrestler of the Year: Keith Lee
Match of the Year: Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak
Show of the year: BOLA N3
Tag team of the year: Chosen Bros
Newvomer of the year: Keith Lee
Biggest improvement:: Rey Fenix
Breakout star Keith Lee
Favorite moment: Ricochet winning the world title.
Least favorite show: Man on the Silver Mountain
Most disapointing match: Jonah Rock vs Zack Sabre Jr.-BOLA N1
Worst match: Sami Callihan vs. Dave Crist vs. Jake Crist vs. Dezmond Xavier-Pushin Foward Back
Which wrestler was the biggest letdown: Matt Sydal
Worst wrestler of the year: Brian Cage
Least impressive newcomer: OI4k, Jason Cade

For 2017:

Next breakout star: WALTER
Who you most want to see debut: "Jurassic Punk" Syd Parker, Dowie James, Logan Grey, Marcius Pitt.(Didn't include TK because Dragon already said he wants to reschedule the Bucks match).
Who do you most want to see go away:Brian Cage
Match you most want to see (already on PWG roster): WALTER vs Jonah Rock
Match you most want to see (among those not necessarily on the current roster): Adam Brooks vs Dowie James, Chosen Bros. vs TMDK(Jonah Rock and Marcius Pitt).
eastbay510

Re: 2017 Year End Awards

Postby pwggrodd » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:57 pm

I have to agree on the need for a Jonah Rock vs. WALTER match. I really don't get why everybody hated the Rock vs. Sabre Jr. match so much, though. Sydal's really lost a step lately. Something's just...missing. I hope the Callihan crew all disappear, EXCEPT for Dezmond Xavier. I think that kid's the next Ricochet.
pwggrodd

Postby eastbay510 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:40 pm

pwggrodd wrote:I have to agree on the need for a Jonah Rock vs. WALTER match. I really don't get why everybody hated the Rock vs. Sabre Jr. match so much, though. Sydal's really lost a step lately. Something's just...missing. I hope the Callihan crew all disappear, EXCEPT for Dezmond Xavier. I think that kid's the next Ricochet.

I agree with everything you said. I liked the Jonah/Zack match, but I was expecting something blow away. I didn't feel like Rock made the first impression he needed too... all his other matches have been great though. It seems like the majority of people straight up hated his BOLA match for whatever reason.

But Sydal has had forgettable matches with Pete Dunne, Pentagon, and Cage over the last year. I agree that Callahan's crew can all go away(besides Dez), I would also add Sydal and Cage to people I could do without to be honest.
eastbay510

Postby pwggrodd » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Problem with Cage is that when he wrestles smaller guys, he too often tries to hang with them when he's really at his best just throwing them around, like Elgin or Cobb would. He needs to focus on just using his power game and let the sloppy-looking flippy stuff go.
pwggrodd

Postby El Asian » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:38 pm

I agree if Cage focus on his more power game than trying to do flips, he be fine, a good example is Cage's stuff in Lucha Underground where he does this. As for Sydal, I agree but I honestly would like to see Sydal form a team with Trevor Lee at this point on to freshen Lee up and because Ricochet is probably on his way out soon anyways.
El Asian

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum