Stupid, Stupid Ending To The TLC Cage Match

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:03 am

SoCalAndy wrote:
Bushinyou wrote:You only had one sentence to type for your flame, and you didn't even get it right. Nice try.

The points I made are valid whether you disagree with my opinion or not.

Oh no, big bad SoCalAndy called me a mark! What are you, SoCalAndy - a Smark? Oh yeah, that MUST mean you and your superior intellect gives you the right to flame any opinion you don't agree with. Ever bought a ticket? Then you're a mark, too.

Oh no, I messed up my post. :( It's funny that you of all people didn't get my post. But it's ok, I'll let you go on with your bitching. And if you're not going to go to BOLA, good. That just means some other fan who wants to go really badly will have a better chance at getting tickets now. :D Toodles <3.
Yeah, I got the fact that I posted that exact quote a while back. Nice try once again. However, like I said before, there's a difference between excellent heel heat and bullshit finishes that shouldn't happen. Ending a TLC Steel Cage match with an ether-soaked rag just to show Joey's chicken-heel shit status does nothing for me, and it didn't seem to for a lot of other people, either.
Bushinyou

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:08 am

chicken-shit heel*
Bushinyou

Postby ozmania » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:19 am

I didn't go to the show, but if you're that upset, then I think they got the reaction they wanted from you.

Although, you seem to be the only one arguing this point. I mean, you say "a lot of other people" but then you're the only one complaining. I just don't see the reason to focus on the finish of what sounds like an awesome, awesome match.

And Joey winning and The Dynasty being pelted in the ring by bottles and cans seems like the type of nWo ending that they probably wanted. I mean it seems like they formed The Dynasty in order to get this kind of heat.
ozmania

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:38 am

After the show the crowd did not have the same aura as it usually does after every other PWG show I've been to. An example, albeit a crude example, would be being entertained by watching someone who was constipated struggling and struggling and struggling to push out a fart, but in the end all they push out is a non-stinky silent fart. I'd be a little disappointed in the payoff... LOL

Lovely example, I know... :)

I'm bringing "other people" into the discussion in reference to the crap being thrown in the ring. I'm just mentioning the fact that PWG gave the fans a crappy ending to a great card. That's all I'm saying.

But hey, I paid money to Nitro and saw the "Finger Poke of Doom," so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.
Bushinyou

Postby noah_ther » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:31 pm

I think this is one of those 'agree to disagree' kinda arguments. Clearly about 65-85% of the crowd thought that the ending was kinda BS. They had built up B-Boy as a solid threat for so long that him winning the match wud have, in my opinion, been a great way to have the fans leave for the next month and a half before BoLA. Basically alot of people are disenfranchised with Joey Ryan's title reign, and even the booking thus far, not PWG as a whole. I think it more or less leaves a bad taste in alot of people's mouth and they have another 45 days or so to think about it till BoLA. If you're going to job legit wrestlers out to a champion, at least job them out to make him look strong...if he's just going to cheat and if that is his only means of winning, then why even bother letting him screw over big name talent? I just hope that they find a better contender to take the belt off Joey because if you were there and saw the reaction of the fans, B-Boy winning seemed to be like the right thing to do at that time and would have freshened up the title scene a bit.

Clearly no one who takes the time to buy a ticket to a PWG show, attend, then write up a post on the board hates PWG or is admonishing it as a poor promotion, but clearly by how the reaction was at the show alot of people were disappointed. Then again, just like in RoH you get gets who thinks PWG can never do wrong no matter what they decide and how they book so...I guess... I dunno. If you're a PWG loyalist and 'fan boy' keep going to the shows and enjoying it. If you hate Joey's title reign...just go for the undercard. Cuz' Joey ain't the only one gettin' your money you know. I just hope those damn Briscoe's don't get them too. *Shakes Fist* Damn Brisoces...
noah_ther

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:44 pm

noah_ther wrote:I think this is one of those 'agree to disagree' kinda arguments. Clearly about 65-85% of the crowd thought that the ending was kinda BS. They had built up B-Boy as a solid threat for so long that him winning the match wud have, in my opinion, been a great way to have the fans leave for the next month and a half before BoLA. Basically alot of people are disenfranchised with Joey Ryan's title reign, and even the booking thus far, not PWG as a whole. I think it more or less leaves a bad taste in alot of people's mouth and they have another 45 days or so to think about it till BoLA. If you're going to job legit wrestlers out to a champion, at least job them out to make him look strong...if he's just going to cheat and if that is his only means of winning, then why even bother letting him screw over big name talent? I just hope that they find a better contender to take the belt off Joey because if you were there and saw the reaction of the fans, B-Boy winning seemed to be like the right thing to do at that time and would have freshened up the title scene a bit.

Clearly no one who takes the time to buy a ticket to a PWG show, attend, then write up a post on the board hates PWG or is admonishing it as a poor promotion, but clearly by how the reaction was at the show alot of people were disappointed. Then again, just like in RoH you get gets who thinks PWG can never do wrong no matter what they decide and how they book so...I guess... I dunno. If you're a PWG loyalist and 'fan boy' keep going to the shows and enjoying it. If you hate Joey's title reign...just go for the undercard. Cuz' Joey ain't the only one gettin' your money you know. I just hope those damn Briscoe's don't get them too. *Shakes Fist* Damn Brisoces...
Well said, noah_ther.
Bushinyou

Postby scrub » Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Briscoes vs. Los Luchas. PWG make it happen!
scrub

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:16 pm

I don't really give a shit about what Bushinyou said, to be honest. He didn't really do anything to make me take his opinion seriously. He just comes off as a whiney bitch who can never be pleased. Much like ODB said, you're the type of bitch don't appreciate shit. PWG put on such an awesome show, everyone in every match last night gave it everything they had to put on a great show, and now PWG is going balls out with BOLA bringing in the best talent in the world and are putting on the greatest looking wrestling tournament in indy wrestling history. If unappreciative assholes like Bushinyou doesn't want to support PWG over the finish to one match, let him. PWG doesn't need fans like him.
PsychoDriver

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:47 pm

PsychoDriver wrote:I don't really give a shit about what Bushinyou said, to be honest. He didn't really do anything to make me take his opinion seriously. He just comes off as a whiney bitch who can never be pleased. Much like ODB said, you're the type of bitch don't appreciate shit. PWG put on such an awesome show, everyone in every match last night gave it everything they had to put on a great show, and now PWG is going balls out with BOLA bringing in the best talent in the world and are putting on the greatest looking wrestling tournament in indy wrestling history. If unappreciative assholes like Bushinyou doesn't want to support PWG over the finish to one match, let him. PWG doesn't need fans like him.
Did you even bother to read my posts? I've made it plainly clear that I've enjoyed every PWG show I've been to, including last night. And actually, PWG DOES need fans like me because I come on a fairly regular basis and when I do attend I purchase $25-$100 worth of DVD's, depending on how much I can afford at any given show. Unappreciative? Hardly! I appreciate every person in the industry in some form, including guys you probably can't stand because of their "work rate." The point I'm trying to make is directly to the good folks at PWG, not blind following fan boys such as yourself. Now, if you have valid points, then why don't you go ahead and make them? Because sounding off in the manner you did makes you seem like the tool, not me.
Bushinyou

Postby WannaB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:59 pm

Bushinyou wrote:
PsychoDriver wrote:I don't really give a shit about what Bushinyou said, to be honest. He didn't really do anything to make me take his opinion seriously. He just comes off as a whiney bitch who can never be pleased. Much like ODB said, you're the type of bitch don't appreciate shit. PWG put on such an awesome show, everyone in every match last night gave it everything they had to put on a great show, and now PWG is going balls out with BOLA bringing in the best talent in the world and are putting on the greatest looking wrestling tournament in indy wrestling history. If unappreciative assholes like Bushinyou doesn't want to support PWG over the finish to one match, let him. PWG doesn't need fans like him.
Did you even bother to read my posts? I've made it plainly clear that I've enjoyed every PWG show I've been to, including last night. And actually, PWG DOES need fans like me because I come on a fairly regular basis and when I do attend I purchase $25-$100 worth of DVD's, depending on how much I can afford at any given show. Unappreciative? Hardly! I appreciate every person in the industry in some form, including guys you probably can't stand because of their "work rate." The point I'm trying to make is directly to the good folks at PWG, not blind following fan boys such as yourself. Now, if you have valid points, then why don't you go ahead and make them? Because sounding off in the manner you did makes you seem like the tool, not me.

So if you are as dedicated of a fan as you claim to be, then why are you taking a wrestling promotion's booking decision so personally? And why then is the price of $75 for 3 nights of wrestling featuring the best card any indy show in SoCal has ever seen is too costly for you despite your $75-$100 dollars + your regular $20 in admission that you normally spend at any other PWG show.

You haven't made any valid points. You've only made complaints. Your arguments that PWG did something to wrong you or that they have done something so reprehensible & unforgivable have absolutley no support what so ever.

Did Joey Ryan's win upset people? Yes. Did Disco Machine's win over Excalibur upset people? Yes. Does it matter? It shouldn't on a personal level. Business wise it should because whatever heat these wins & losses have garnered said individuals with is a benefit to PWG. I sincerely doubt that anyone will stop going to PWG as a result of the Battledome's outcome. If anything it only drives the fans to have more passion in Joey Ryan's future title defenses in the hope that he will lose his belt.

If you are however someone who will stop going to PWG because B-Boy's loss offended you, then everything you just claimed to be as far as your loyalty to PWG & respect for their product is a hypocritical load of crap.
WannaB

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:14 pm

Actually, I plan on going at least one night for the tournament, so there's no hypocrisy there. It didn't ruin my night or anything nor does my existance revolve around PWG, like it seems to be for a select few. It's not "personal." I'll say it one last time -- I simply think PWG dropped the ball with the way they handled the finish to the cage match. That's it. The other points I made were mere observations on my part. :)

Honestly, as I stated before, I think it will be anti-climatic and the anticipation won't be as high unless they end Joey's title reign with a bigger gimmick match, which doesn't seem to be PWG's cup of tea.

I think noah_ther made my point better than I did, so I understand the dissent. I think we just agree to disagree, WannaB. I mean no disrespect to anyone that posts here (Except maybe for Joey Ryan and his marginal talent, assuming he has the time to lurk here, which I doubt.). However, those of you telling I'm just being a "whiny bitch" or whatever... :lol:
Bushinyou

Postby Hulkushi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:18 pm

dude B-Boy couldn't handle the power of the 'Stache, and an Ether Soaked rag

it was anything goes.

I'm totally digging Joey Ryan's trapped in the eighties character

all he needs now is a talking car
Hulkushi

Postby Hulkushi » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:22 pm

oh and I think Alex Koslov will win the title call it a hunch
Hulkushi

Postby WannaB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:29 pm

Hulkushi wrote:dude B-Boy couldn't handle the power of the 'Stache, and an Ether Soaked rag

it was anything goes.

I'm totally digging Joey Ryan's trapped in the eighties character

all he needs now is a talking car

I think this is the greatest comment on this thread yet. But the real question I beg of you is what would the car be named?
WannaB

I'd rather sound like a tool than look like one

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:58 pm

Did you even bother to read my posts? I've made it plainly clear that I've enjoyed every PWG show I've been to, including last night.

Yeah, I've read this entire thread and even went back to read some of your older posts. You didn't make shit clear, you were just shitting over the ending and bitching about the BOLA prices. I don't even have to reply to the rest of your points since the quote above proves that you're a dolt.

The point I'm trying to make is directly to the good folks at PWG, not blind following fan boys such as yourself.

If you're not trying to make your point toward "blind fan boys", stop replying because you're just looking even more stupid than before. Since you're still replying, than you are making your points directly toward us blind fan boys.
PsychoDriver

Postby noah_ther » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:17 pm

Hulkushi wrote:dude B-Boy couldn't handle the power of the 'Stache, and an Ether Soaked rag

The thing that pisses me off about the Ether rag is that Joey has used that gimmick so many times...at play grounds, Toys 'R' Us, and in his white unmarked truck he claims to sell "Ice Cream" out of. Leave it up to Joey to use an ether rag off a "boy".

Damn kid toucher.
:x
noah_ther

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:27 pm

Bushinyou wrote:Oh, I feel the need to add one more thing...

While it is WRONG for fans to start throwing objects at the wrestlers, PWG kinda (almost) got what it deserved. PWG needs to make sure it doesn't forget the people, such as myself, who fork over almost half a days pay (my fiancee likes PWG) to come watch you guys entertain the masses. Don't screw your fans like that. Give them what they want to see.

I will say this for PWG, however; this the first time I've left with a very bad taste in my mouth at a PWG show and I've been to about a dozen. Other than that, keep it up, guys!

See the bold text PsychoDriver??? Do ya see it? You're either REALLY blind, REALLY stupid, or don't know how to read. Yeah, I tell PWG... "Other than that, keep it up, guys!"... you know, with the exclamation point!!!!!! See them? Shall I put it in big, bold print for you?!

Yeah, all I was doing was bitching, right? Unfortunately, that seems to be mostly what goes on here. Too bad, because I'd like to discuss things with you guys more often, but the flaming is pretty constant it seems. Oh well. You can't please everybody, I guess.

The main point I was trying to make was about using an ether-soaked rag to end a TLC Steel Cage Match, but not about the prices of the 3-day tournament. At the very least Ryan should've won on a big spot, not with an ether-soaked freakin' rag! That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, although some of you act like dogs trying to find a bone, I suppose.

I appreciate the conversation with the folks who at least attempted to make valid arguments, whether you agree or not. The rest of you who can't take constructive criticism of PWG can go toy with Bosh's dildo. I'll just slip back into anonymity and enjoy the shows that don't make me feel cheated.

:roll:
Bushinyou

Postby SoCalAndy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:51 pm

At the very least Ryan should've won on a big spot, not with an ether-soaked freakin' rag!

Let me explain something to you. Joey Ryan is a heel. His gimmick is that he cheats. Keep those two things in mind. Now, the entire point of Joey being a heel is to get fans to boo him. His entire gimmick would be that he cheats, and if he didn't cheat(which is his main source of heel heat) and did a big spot to end the match the fans would of cheered no matter what and he wouldn't be sticking to his gimmick. Yeah, it's crazy, I know! A heel not winning by giving the fans what they want in order to upset them. Holy shit! It's so crazy, that it works! Like, he turned heel because he couldn't beat people fairly. He's not supposed to be better than anyone, he's not supposed to give fans what he wants. He's supposed to piss people off. By using an ether rag, he did just that. But whatever man, I guess you'd rather see people get beat by getting thrown through a bunch of tables and shit than care about logic.

The rest of you who can't take constructive criticism of PWG can go toy with Bosh's dildo.

It's only constructive criticism when there's something constructive in the criticisms, which is something you didn't provide. But whatever, go have sex with your cat.
SoCalAndy

Postby WannaB » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Bushinyou wrote:
Bushinyou wrote:Oh, I feel the need to add one more thing...

While it is WRONG for fans to start throwing objects at the wrestlers, PWG kinda (almost) got what it deserved. PWG needs to make sure it doesn't forget the people, such as myself, who fork over almost half a days pay (my fiancee likes PWG) to come watch you guys entertain the masses. Don't screw your fans like that. Give them what they want to see.

I will say this for PWG, however; this the first time I've left with a very bad taste in my mouth at a PWG show and I've been to about a dozen. Other than that, keep it up, guys!

See the bold text PsychoDriver??? Do ya see it? You're either REALLY blind, REALLY stupid, or don't know how to read. Yeah, I tell PWG... "Other than that, keep it up, guys!"... you know, with the exclamation point!!!!!! See them? Shall I put it in big, bold print for you?!

Yeah, all I was doing was bitching, right? Unfortunately, that seems to be mostly what goes on here. Too bad, because I'd like to discuss things with you guys more often, but the flaming is pretty constant it seems. Oh well. You can't please everybody, I guess.

The main point I was trying to make was about using an ether-soaked rag to end a TLC Steel Cage Match, but not about the prices of the 3-day tournament. At the very least Ryan should've won on a big spot, not with an ether-soaked freakin' rag! That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it, although some of you act like dogs trying to find a bone, I suppose.

I appreciate the conversation with the folks who at least attempted to make valid arguments, whether you agree or not. The rest of you who can't take constructive criticism of PWG can go toy with Bosh's dildo. I'll just slip back into anonymity and enjoy the shows that don't make me feel cheated.

:roll:

Dude...

...calm the fuck down. You sound like a raving psycho in need of some Demoral. Chill. You're seriously taking this whole thread way to fucking personally.
WannaB

Postby Bushinyou » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:08 pm

Because it's logical to not get pinned when you get splashed through a table by somebody from the top of a steel cage, get powerbombed through a table from the top rope, being elbowed off the side of a cage and through a table, or from a double stomp from the cage to the floor?! :lol: (It also kinda sucks that they didn't work their way around the ring so the fans on the other side of the building could get a good look at what was going on outside of the cage, but that's somewhat trivial, albeit not completely trivial.)

The entire psychology behind the TLC Steel Cage Match is illogical. In fact, most pro wrestling matches in this era are illogical. Hell, most wrestling matches in the sports history have been illogical since the 1930's. Logic isn't really the point, in my opinion. The Perkins/Strong was the most logical of all the matches, yet got the least amount of crowd reaction. People like the flippity-flop stuff nowadays. I either accept it or I don't watch wrestling. I've learned to accept it and quite enjoy it when it makes sense, actually.

It could've even been Lost or Bosh doing a spot to B-Boy with Ryan covering for the win. But hey, I suppose I threw all of those cans and bottles into the ring all by myself. Riiiiiiight... I did it; I admit it! I did it all by my little lonesome! :wink:

Of course, some of those people were just sheep following what a few others started. But it also shows that it was a cheap ending and that I'm not the only one who thought so.
Bushinyou

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum