courtesy?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

courtesy?

Postby BearSnatch » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:01 am

hey guys, Ive been a reader on these boards ever since my first show a couple months back, never really felt like i had to post until now. After attending "Threemendous" and leaving the show pissed off, not because of the ending and not because of what happend after words. But because of the people sitting in front of us. After every 2 count of the night, what appeared to be 15, 16 year old boys, would jump up out of there seats and shout "TWO!!!". I honestly dont want to go into detail on what spot i missed when, or what i didnt catch. To make a long story short, they stood up, ALOT, when no one was standing at all. I know when im lucky enough to front row seats no matter how much i do get into it and want to jump up and shout i resist, I will not stand up until i know everyone around me, or at the verry least the people behind me are on there feat. I just feel its common courtesy to stay seated while in the front, you have a better view than everyone else behind you anyway, why ruin it for them!
BearSnatch

Postby SoCalAndy » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:37 am

If they're standing up and blocking your view all the time, tell them to sit down and to stop blocking your view. If that doesn't work, move. It's that easy.
SoCalAndy

Postby urmomsurdad » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:40 am

you're right.... next time tell the kids that when they ARE doing it.
urmomsurdad

Postby WannaB » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:49 pm

There were a lot of casual fans there that were chanting & yelling out the dumbest things. Unoriginal stuff & they all repeated each other. There were morons who were egging on everyone to throw their chairs instead of garbage. And of course there were people who do that fucking TWO!

Yeah, just tell them to sit the fuck down and shut up. It sucks, but sometimes nothing you do can help.

I'll never forgive Canada for turning TWO into such a huge fucking annoyance in all of the wrestling industry. I'm looking at you Kevin Steen.
WannaB

Postby The Masked Akeem » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:24 pm

Bearsnatch,

Expecting common courtesy at a pro wrestling event is like expecting a free blowjob at a strip club.

It's not gonna happen.

Annoying fans are a part of ALL pro wrestling events, and as such, you have the choice to deal with them, or not go. For the most part, I choose to watch the DVDs instead of attending the live events. The weird thing is that I think fans at PWG shows as a whole, aren't nearly as egregiously irritating as they used to be. But that may just depend on who, or what, is sitting around you.
The Masked Akeem

Postby PsychoDriver » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:31 pm

I don't think any fans can be as bad as Juggalo fans or TNA fans. Some PWG fans can be annoying, but not as bad as the ones I just mentioned. Well, maybe blood marks, but you can put them into the Juggalo category. Drunk fans can are borderline though. Some of them can be into the shows and have fun. Others are just giant tools(like those Mexican dudes at Sunday's show).
PsychoDriver

Postby mulkeybros » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:06 pm

Yeah, TWOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! has definitely run it's course I feel.
mulkeybros

Postby Sillentassasin » Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:52 pm

hmmmmmm... well when there is an exciting match and everyone is really hyped it's cool to go up and cheer.. ive been a fan for about 15 years and when i go to a PWG show.. i do tend to mark out... but the people behind and to the side of me were also having fun...

i mean.. when going to a PWG show your going to have FUN.. ur not gonna stand up and block peoples views randomly.. but when there is a crazy good match and everyone is liking it.. u tend to mark out :P

that's my opinion
Sillentassasin

Postby Paul Burns » Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:58 pm

SoCalAndy wrote:If they're standing up and blocking your view all the time, tell them to sit down and to stop blocking your view. If that doesn't work, move. It's that easy.

Bingo. If theres some fuckwit infront of me I'll tell him so. Usually they stop being annoying, and unfortunately dude common courtesy isn't really apparent in pro wrestling, just something we have to put up with.
Paul Burns

Postby WannaB » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Paul Burns wrote:
SoCalAndy wrote:If they're standing up and blocking your view all the time, tell them to sit down and to stop blocking your view. If that doesn't work, move. It's that easy.

Bingo. If theres some fuckwit infront of me I'll tell him so. Usually they stop being annoying, and unfortunately dude common courtesy isn't really apparent in pro wrestling, just something we have to put up with.

Of course PWG does have a very friendly atmosphere as many of the fans are well acquainted with each other. So while courtesy is something you shouldn't expect at a wrestling event, it is much more prevalent in PWG than most other shows.
WannaB

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum