Postby Lord Akiyama » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:23 am

Jimmy Rave
Jimmy Jacobs
Shark Boy
Delirious
KENTA
Lord Akiyama

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:55 pm

You can take Delirious off the list after BOLA. Saw Rave at the Super Juniors but sadly we couldn't throw TP at him! KENTA is the one guy that i'd love to see booked in PWG but I highly doubt it could happen.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby watchxyoxface » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 pm

Even though Max Boyer would make a great addition, is anyone else with me on the fact that PWG should try to stay away from flying in more guys? I mean, when a company just tries to become a super indy or ROH lite it just becomes annoying. I'd rather see more emphasis on the home talent than bringing in guys just because they're popular.
watchxyoxface

Postby evilpaz » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:27 pm

watchxyoxface wrote:I'd rather see more emphasis on the home talent than bringing in guys just because they're popular.

In that case, I'd like to see (or see back)

Charles Mercury
Bino Gambino
Jason King
Bo Cooper
Aaron Agui-..nah
Markus Riot
and most of all...

KARL "MACHINE GUN" ANDERSON
evilpaz

Postby PsychoDriver » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:30 pm

evilpaz wrote:
watchxyoxface wrote:I'd rather see more emphasis on the home talent than bringing in guys just because they're popular.

In that case, I'd like to see (or see back)

Bo Cooper

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I hope you're not serious.
PsychoDriver

Postby WannaB » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:51 pm

Fergal Devitt. He only got to compete in a six man tag a few months back, so the PWG crowd didn't really get to see what he had to offer. He is an impressive talent none-the-less, and I'd love to see him come back for a good singles match the next time he's out here.
WannaB

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:26 am

As far as CA based talent:

CHARLES MERCURY! Big fan of Chucks. Don't know why they stopped using him. Sometimes see him hanging around the shows anyway, so it wouldn't be too hard to get him back.

Ryan Drago: I saw a few recent matches, and was impressive (apparently had a good match with Davey in WAR as well) Has already wrestled for PWG in their first ever match. I'd like to see him get another shot.

Joey Harder: Another good local wrestler.

Lionheart: Not quite sure if he'd fit PWG. But from what I seen, he's a fun worker.

Lil Nate: Never liked his UPW stuff, but was quite good the few times I've seen him in AWS.

Tommy Williams: Good wrestler, where has he been lately?

Kenny King: I think he moved to Florida (worked for TNA a few times), but he's a real entertaining wrestler. Someone I wish PWG would have brought in around late 2004.

Fergal DeVitt is great, and we'll likely be hearing more than him in the future. But he seems pretty locked into NJPW for the time being.

And if PWG ever wants to give Candice LaRae a match, it'd be cool to see Sara Del Ray back in PWG.

Everyone else I've seen either isn't quite ready yet or wouldn't gel with PWG's style. It's times like these where you really miss RevPro, who it seemed always had a new batch of talented rookies waiting.
TigerDriver98

Postby WannaB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:58 am

I saw that Drago match with Davey. It was horrible. Drago decided to wrestle only a few days after knee surgery so he'd hold back, slow down, botch spots, and it made things real tough for Davey. The other stuff I've seen him do was pretty unimpressive. I've heard good things, but have yet to see them.

Nate has some good stuff here and there but a lot of times it's because of his opponent. The best UPW match I ever saw him in was Frankie's farewell (when he was headed to the E). He can wrestle, but he's not all that impressive once you get past the whole "he's pretty good for a little guy" frame of mind.

Markus Riot is someone I think we'll see in PWG one day. I saw him and Cholo practically kill each other at an AWS 5 for 5 show one night. Brutal stuff and very impressive. Markus only got 5 bucks himself before he had to race to his night class. His match with Dragon at WAR was pretty good to. Albeit a match where Dragon beat the living shit out of him. That catapult spot with Disco inside the bleachers at the O.C. show... he did that to Markus first. Poor bastard still doesn't remember half of that match.

Lionheart's got some entertainment value, but very little unless things are booked around him intentionally. I don't think the bulk of PWG fans would take to him. Same as Nate; good, but not that impressive.

Speaking of Lionheart, Lil Cholo did give him a stinger. Any wrestler that can temporarily paralyze another wrestler & get away with it is alright in my book. :wink: But seriously, he has a good work rate. I'd like to see him back in PWG now and then.

Tommy's been wrestling mostly for NJPW. And he got creamed by Kurt Angle last year for the WrestleMania workout in Hollywood. If he comes back I recommend against the old name.
WannaB

Postby Aaron » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:13 am

Ashley Reed!

Then we can have Scorpio Sky vs Ashley Reed II in a PWG ring :D
Aaron

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:47 am

Sorry to hear about the Drago-Davey match. If WAR ever decided to actually release that Best of Davey DVD, that was one of the matches I was looking forward too.

Drago's definately good though, and would lead to a fair share of funny Rocky 4 jokes on commentary.

I like Lil' Cholo. Also looked good last times I've saw him wrestle. Maybe good as an opening tag match guy in PWG.

I probably haven't seen enough Lionheart or Nate. Don't make it to that many non-PWG shows lately.

Here's an idea I know people will hate (and probably wouldn't work anyway) but I wouldn't mind seeing PWG have a "Do or Die" type pre-show to try out new local talent. To test the waters so to speak

It's an idea anyway.
TigerDriver98

Postby rockstar69 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:45 am

Joel wrote:PAC... He's a British guy, he wrestled Ted Hart a few weeks back and he is seriously going somewhere, he can fly like no-one else at the moment. Bring in Jack Evans too and have them fly all over the arena. :lol:

Sorry to break the bad news but PAC is going to be out for awhile, he was wrestling for a english promotion over here and he broke a rib, he had to be taken off the 1PW show in Hull where he was meant to be teaming up with Chris Hero going against Yoshinobu Kanemura and Takashi Sugiura. It's a shame as he was just making a name for himself... but he should be back sooner than you know it.
rockstar69

Postby Aaron » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:52 am

Pac should be back this month. If it goes very well for him, he'll be back in time to face Matt Sydal at Frontiers of Honour II. Early estimates would suggest he's back two weeks after that.

Anyways, Ashley Reed > all other British wrestlers! :D
Aaron

Postby It's A Bomb » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:03 am

Markus Riot is someone I think we'll see in PWG one day.

I hope you're wrong.
It's A Bomb

Who I'd Like to say in PWG

Postby =DDT= » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:56 pm

Coming from Norcal, we see alot of Talent flowing through the Area and theres actually a couple matchups i'd like to see in PWG

I would like to see:

Cape Fear (PWG)
vs
Vinny Massaro and 'The Big Ugly' JD Bishop (Supreme ProWrestling)

Virgil Flynn(SPW) - Best High Flyer in Norcal
vs.
Jack Evans - Fuckin Ridiculous

"The Rock Legend Scum" Adam Thornstowe (SPW)
vs.
"The Future" Frankie Kazarian

Those would all be really good matches in my opinion but im just a fan like everyone else
=DDT=

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:27 pm

These suggestions keep getting worse. Markus Riot? Vinny Massaro? :(
PsychoDriver

Postby =DDT= » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:57 pm

Vinny and Ugly together are a great tag team... they pull some funny stuff and can be good faces and heels.... this isnt a matter of WHO DO WE THINK YOU WOULD LIKE its who WE WOULD LIKE to see

In the Words of Chris Jericho.... ASSCLOWN
=DDT=

Postby WannaB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:17 pm

=DDT= wrote:Vinny and Ugly together are a great tag team... they pull some funny stuff and can be good faces and heels.... this isnt a matter of WHO DO WE THINK YOU WOULD LIKE its who WE WOULD LIKE to see

In the Words of Chris Jericho.... ASSCLOWN

Easy there... whether you like it or not your words are open for debate & criticism on the internet just as much as the rest of us.

And if you're going to insult people, don't quote other people's insults.
WannaB

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:21 pm

=DDT= wrote:In the Words of Chris Jericho.... ASSCLOWN

HA HA HA HA
PsychoDriver

Postby evilpaz » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:35 pm

found as a link... a fucking awesome Scorpio Sky video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHg67a4M0jM
evilpaz

Postby WannaB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:49 pm

evilpaz wrote:found as a link... a fucking awesome Scorpio Sky video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHg67a4M0jM

I'm lost on what that has to do with this thread...
WannaB

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum