What BOLA Match Are You looking forward to the most?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

What BOLA Match Are You looking forward to the most?

Postby Htornado » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:22 am

I think there all going to be great.
Htornado

Postby Htornado » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:25 am

For me it's between Davey Richards vs. Tj Perkins and Sky vs. Kazarian, Steen vs. Sydal will also be good.
Htornado

Postby Novocaine » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:09 pm

Dragon Kid vs. Quicksilver should be fun...and Super Dragon/Necro should be all sorts of brutal.
Novocaine

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:21 pm

Dragon Kid/Quicksilver could very well be match of the tournament and a fun match to watch live. Strong/Sabin should be good especially since Sabin brings his A game when he's in PWG. Steen/Sydal could be better than their 1st match at ASW since Sydal just finished a tour of Dragons Gate. And of course Dragon/Necro will be a GET THE F*CK out of the way type of match!
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby watchxyoxface » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:19 pm

Definitely Dragon/Necro, or the possibility of Richards/Danielson or Richards/Aries.
watchxyoxface

Postby watchxyoxface » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:22 pm

Wow, after really looking at the brackets, look at these possibilities:

Hero/Claudio
Cabana/Generico
Cabana/Delirious
Quicksilver/Sabin

Or Round 3
Davey/Roderick
Quicks/Aries
Hero/SD
Evans/SD
watchxyoxface

Postby TigerDriver98 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:24 am

I could cop out and say "Everything!" which would be true... but here's a few matches I'm especially looking forward to:

Necro Butcher Vs. Super Dragon: Well... naturally. It's Super Dragon Vs. Necro Butcher! This could be the most insane 10-15 minute match ever in PWG.

Jack Evans Vs. Claudio: Haven't heard much talk about this one, but it'll turn some heads. They will mix perfectly, as Evans is the best flyer on the Indies, Claudio is one of the best bases. Oh man... this will be good.

Austin Aries Vs. American Dragon: Always wanted to see this live. I just hope they don't make it too comedy heavy.

Dragon Kid Vs. Quicksilver: Just sounds good, doesn't it?

Later round matches:

Strong Vs. Quicksilver/Dragon Kid: I like Sabin, but I hope Strong beats him just so we see one of these matches.

Davey Richards Vs. Austin Aries/American Dragon - Both would be great.

Davey Richards or American Dragon Vs. Roderick Strong - See above

CIMA Vs. El Generico - A match I think could steal the tourney.

But really, the match everyone should be looking out for, is the LOSERS TAG MATCH. Just think of the all possibilities! Jack Evans, Dragon Kid, M-Dogg 20, Sydal, Genki, NECRO BUTCHER! This match will definately steal the weekend.
TigerDriver98

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:53 pm

I'd love to see Davey/Strong at some point in the tournament. But I doubt it will happen since Strong is working Sabin in the First Round. And the non-tournament match on Night 3 could very well steal the show. If it's anything like last years we're all in for a treat!
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby WannaB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:54 pm

I wouldn't count the possibilit of a Strong/Davey match out just yet. I personally thinks it's the most likely match-up to occur in that bracket, although the possibility that American Dragon or Sabin could win upsets is still very strong.
WannaB

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:40 pm

You know the more I think about it, the more i'd like to see Strong/Danielson in the tournament
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby Lord Akiyama » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:51 pm

Although I think Davey will make it to the Finals, can you imagine getting to see Roderick Strong vs. American Dragon live and not have to be on the East Coast? Just reading and watching clips from their trilogy of matches over in ROH is absolutely astonishing and it would blow the roof to see those two go at it in PWG.

First Round Matches I'm looking forward to include:
Delirious vs. El Generico
Dragon Kid vs. Quicksilver
Chris Sabin vs. Roderick Strong
American Dragon vs. Austin Aries
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Jack Evans

Second Round Possibilities:
CIMA vs. Matt Sydal
Dragon Kid vs. Roderick Strong
American Dragon vs. Davey Richards

Semi-Final Possibilities:
CIMA vs. El Generico
Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards (or American Dragon)
Lord Akiyama

Postby Novocaine » Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:46 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:Although I think Davey will make it to the Finals, can you imagine getting to see Roderick Strong vs. American Dragon live and not have to be on the East Coast? Just reading and watching clips from their trilogy of matches over in ROH is absolutely astonishing and it would blow the roof to see those two go at it in PWG.

First Round Matches I'm looking forward to include:
Delirious vs. El Generico
Dragon Kid vs. Quicksilver
Chris Sabin vs. Roderick Strong
American Dragon vs. Austin Aries
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Jack Evans

Second Round Possibilities:
CIMA vs. Matt Sydal
Dragon Kid vs. Roderick Strong
American Dragon vs. Davey Richards

Semi-Final Possibilities:
CIMA vs. El Generico
Roderick Strong vs. Davey Richards (or American Dragon)

I don't know much about match lengths for BOLA but I think it'd be sweet for the west coast to get a taste of Strong/Danielson. These two compliment each other so well and at this point can EASILY go at it for 30 minutes and make it special.l
Novocaine

Postby WannaB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:13 pm

That would actually be pretty cool. I loved their match at ROH's supercard. Great stuff. But yeah, I'd think that 30 minutes might be the most that match would be allowed to go for BOLA.
WannaB

Postby PsychoDriver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:26 pm

It'd be cooler if PWG went with something that hasn't been done three times in less than a year by ROH.
PsychoDriver

Postby AmDragon187 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:33 pm

The possibility of Dragon vs Davey Richards in round 2.
AmDragon187

Postby WannaB » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:52 pm

PsychoDriver wrote:It'd be cooler if PWG went with something that hasn't been done three times in less than a year by ROH.

True... which is why Davey/Strong would be a far better choice.
WannaB

Postby watchxyoxface » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:09 pm

Yeah, Davey is going to the finals probably, so Davey/Roddy is quite the strong possibility.
watchxyoxface

Postby RM Punk » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:17 pm

I'm very interested in seeing how the Dragon Kid v Quicksilver match turns out. Quicksilver is all kinds of awesomeness and with Dragon Kid, it'll either be a huge compliment to his style or a terrible clash...
RM Punk

Postby litoness » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:24 am

do I have to pick just one??

well just looking at first round...i'll get to see Aries and danielson in ROH, and I've no desire to see Necro vs. SD. Sydal vs. Steen will be awesome as will Horiguchi and Hero. HAGE all the way. The mini-comedy bracket looks promising. if I could get Richards vs. Aries then I will mark out like a little school girl.
litoness

BOLA

Postby =DDT= » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:34 am

I think a great comedy Match will be Generico/Colt I dont think there's any way that match wont happen....

And that Middle 8 bracket is goign to be Amazing no matter what happens.... Sabin/Kid Quick/Sabin Quick/Strong Strong/Kid all could be good and the same thing goes for the Perkins/Richards, Dragon/Aries

I want the Finals to come to Generico/Richards or Danielson/Kazarian or Dragon

Either way im going to for out the 30 something to get all three of these when they come out
=DDT=

Next

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum