Super Dragon Injury question

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Super Dragon Injury question

Postby fenric » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:13 am

I gather from what I have read here and elsewhere that Super Dragon had been injured and out leading into BOLA, and he certainly seemed to either be re-injured or just beaten up from the Necro match.

What was/is his injury and what's his status going forward, if anyone knows? Thanks for helping out.
fenric

Postby JustJay » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:24 am

This most recent injury was a concussion, which happened in the Necro Butcher match. I don't think anyone knows what the original injury was that kept him out until the tourney.
JustJay

Thanks!

Postby fenric » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:32 am

Gotcha, thanks for the quick reply! I hope it's something he can get back from in time for 10/7. I would assume it is, otherwise, I doubt they would have had Davey request the match if they feared he might not be ready.
fenric

Answer to my own question

Postby fenric » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:34 pm

According to PW Torch and James Caldwell, who was at the shows, he says that SD took time off due simply to burnout. So, no specific injury pre-show, just taking a break.
fenric

Postby Aaron » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:08 am

Super Dragon has withdrawn from the IPW:UK Anny show due to concussions that are preventing him from both flying and competing.
Aaron

Postby fenric » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:44 am

That's not good... concussions are a serious matter, esp. when there have been multiple ones (as I would guess there have been over his career), so let's hope SD can rest up and get better. I would be pretty surprised if the 10/7 card includes him, given this info.

Thanks for passing it along.

Get well soon, SD!
fenric

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum