1/7 partial live results!

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby It's A Bomb » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:13 pm

I had to stand for a match, but I quickly found a seat and had no problems. The only problem I had was that some of the ring crew people who always try and be the "security" types where sitting front row. While they might not have added much to the problem, I think it was weak that they where sitting front row insted of giving up their seats to people who where standing. Speaking of the ring crew, someone tell them to fix the second rope before someone gets hurts.

Moving on. I thought the show was one of PWG's best shows lately. All the matches where either really good-amazing. Hero/Claudio was a great way to open the show, and it helped the fans get into the show. The only downpoint was the lack of crowd heat for Bosh/Lost, but it was still a good match. The main event was an awesome way to end the event. I think Dragon and Davey have done a great job as a tag team lately. Seeing the huge turnout without guys like AJ Styles present was awesome. Joey Ryan is a huge draw!
It's A Bomb

Postby Rish To The Rosh » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:36 am

A TJ Perkins and Rocky Romero tag-team will own. And it's not something that's subjective, it's FACT!
Rish To The Rosh

Postby WrestlingFanMatt » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:49 am

It's A Bomb wrote:I had to stand for a match, but I quickly found a seat and had no problems. The only problem I had was that some of the ring crew people who always try and be the "security" types where sitting front row. While they might not have added much to the problem, I think it was weak that they where sitting front row insted of giving up their seats to people who where standing. Speaking of the ring crew, someone tell them to fix the second rope before someone gets hurts.

I'm not here to start any problems, but were also fans who attend the shows. Granted, we're able to wait inside and sit down but we also get there four hours early, set up the ring and chairs, and then stay around for a couple extra hours afterwards to tear down and clean up. Not to mention we're doing it as a favor to the guys and we still pay for the show. As far us doing security, the guys ask us especially since they don't wanna anyone to get hurt during the show and then have a law suit. And as far as the second rope goes, we've been telling them to fix it for months. It's not on us, it's the guys who supply the ring that need to fix it.
WrestlingFanMatt

Postby WannaB » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:43 pm

About the chairs. We are sorry if anyone was inconvenienced.

The reason that only 200 of the normal chairs were set up was that PWG did not believe that the attendance would surpass that amount. One reason for this theory was in part due to the lack of "big name" talent such as Samoa Joe, Frankie Kazarian, Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, etc...

If you'll recall the event "Straight To DVD," the attendance was at 200 fans. One reason for this less than normal turnout was the lack of "big name" talent.

Obviously PWG underestimated the interest of the fans. I have no doubt that Guerrilla Warfare at "Astonishing X-Mas" had an impact on "Cruisin For A Bruisin's" turnout.

Despite the minor set back of having too few chairs, we borrowed around 100 chairs from the JCC to allow for everyone to have a seat. All the additional chairs were set up prior to the start of the show. Finding a free chair in the crowd was a bit more difficult as they were scattered and buried amongst the taken ones. Like it was reported, most everyone found a chair following the 1st match.

I spoke with several people after the show, and was assured that on the next occassion a substantial amount of chairs will be ordered. Believe me when I say that we want to avoid seating fiascos like last night, and if you'll recall, the Battle of Los Angeles.

As for the busted second rope. The ring crew and I have nothing to do with that. The ropes used for this particular ring have nearly been streched to their limit. The bigger reason as to why the peg comes loose on the turnbuckles almost constantly is due to the fact that the peg used isn't bolted off on the underside.

A simple suggestion that I have made to PWG and the suppliers of the ring time and time again is to purchase some new pegs that can have nuts screwed onto the underside of the turnbuckle (although not too protruding as that could cut up anyone who dives between the turnbuckles for example). I have also suggested that new ropes be purchased and used, although that is a much more expensive option.

Now, if that takes care of all grievences...

I was overwhelmingly surprised by both the turnout and the quality of the show. It's sad that I underestimated both.
WannaB

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum