So what will Davey think?

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

So what will Davey think?

Postby The Kid from Camp Cabana » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:46 am

8) Davey Richards announced after BOLA that he wanted to challenge for the tag team titles. He wanted SD back as his partner. Due to scheduling conflicts, Davey could not make "Self-Titled".

For right or wrong reasons, Dragon and B-Boy are the new champs.

So where does that leave Davey? Will he have issues over this? Will his comments be forgotten? Is he destined for singles gold? Is a feud brewing on the horizon with Dragon?

Just asking.
The Kid from Camp Cabana

Postby Slappy » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:08 am

From Super Dragons view, It's Daveys fault for not being there. PWG is the company that gave him his exposure, a chance to run with a major indie belt and all the main events he's been in.

As soon as Gabe and the rest of the east coast took notice of him, Davey's priorities weren't PWG anymore. Why should Dragon wait around for Davey's calender to be free when he can get the job done with B-boy?
Slappy

Postby The Kid from Camp Cabana » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:18 am

Slappy wrote:From Super Dragons view, It's Daveys fault for not being there. PWG is the company that gave him his exposure, a chance to run with a major indie belt and all the main events he's been in.

As soon as Gabe and the rest of the east coast took notice of him, Davey's priorities weren't PWG anymore. Why should Dragon wait around for Davey's calender to be free when he can get the job done with B-boy?

And I think that many share your opinion about his "priorities" being in order. But he won BOLA. If his priorities were east coast related, would he have taken the biggest tourney in PWG?

It is also possible the tag title change was hotshotted, given the nature of the show being switched and the line-up not being as strong.
The Kid from Camp Cabana

Postby evilpaz » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:31 am

The Kid from Camp Cabana wrote:And I think that many share your opinion about his "priorities" being in order. But he won BOLA. If his priorities were east coast related, would he have taken the biggest tourney in PWG?

Yes. For the same reason many of the other ROH stars were part of it.
evilpaz

Postby watchxyoxface » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:00 am

I think they knew Davey wasn't going to be able to make it and pulled the whole "conflicting dates" thing as a worked shoot kinda gig, to start up a SD/Davey feud.
watchxyoxface

Postby Sillentassasin » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:17 pm

Okay... i think you guys are getting into the POLITICS of why SD and BBOY are tag champs :P

you know this is all set up for a SD vs. Richards feud right?

and FYI SD was suppose to win BOLA :P he just got injured and had to change plans but that's not important
Sillentassasin

Postby BMH55 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:42 pm

Sillentassasin wrote:
and FYI SD was suppose to win BOLA :P he just got injured and had to change plans but that's not important

I sincerely doubt that.
BMH55

Postby Evilguest » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:20 pm

The Kid from Camp Cabana wrote:
Slappy wrote:From Super Dragons view, It's Daveys fault for not being there. PWG is the company that gave him his exposure, a chance to run with a major indie belt and all the main events he's been in.

And I think that many share your opinion about his "priorities" being in order. But he won BOLA. If his priorities were east coast related, would he have taken the biggest tourney in PWG?

It is also possible the tag title change was hotshotted, given the nature of the show being switched and the line-up not being as strong.

Are you people for real? They changed the date of the show. His "priority" is to wrestle as much as possible to make money, its not his fault they changed the date of the show.
Evilguest

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:49 am

BMH55 wrote:
Sillentassasin wrote:

I sincerely doubt that.

From the F4W BOLA recap:

". Davey cut a promo saying his first priority was not getting a shot at the PWG Title, but rather getting his tag titles back with partner Dragon. I was wondering why he cut this promo since it seemed odd to win the tournament and then not ask for a shot at the PWG Championship. Later, I discovered that the original plan was for Dragon to win the whole thing, and when he was unable to move on they had to completely switch things around. "

Make of that what you will. F4W is usually reliable from what I've heard. Clearly a few audibles were called at BOLA.

Anyway, I wouldn't doubt Davey's loyality. I did have my doubts before Davey started with ROH, but not so much anymore. Davey has made it clear that ROH-PWG are equal priorities to him. Unlike pretty much everyone else he has been willing to ROH shows for PWG shows.

He's really only took one ROH show over PWG as of yet (Black Planet) and was clearly supposed to be at 10/7 before the date change (you can't expect him to just bail on a pre-existing commitment like he was Samoa Joe or something). Yes, he probably will miss some future shows due to ROH (as well as miss ROH shows for PWG shows), but to say right now that PWG isn't a high priority to him would be incorrect.
TigerDriver98

Postby Slappy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:39 am

Evilguest wrote:

Are you people for real? They changed the date of the show. His "priority" is to wrestle as much as possible to make money, its not his fault they changed the date of the show.

He was booked for ROH for both Friday and Saturday.

Also, note that I stated my point was from Super Dragons viewpoint in the storyline.
Slappy

Postby Ariesfan » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:47 am

Davey was not booked for ROH on 10/7 until the PWG show was cancelled. He was going to be at PWG, but he couldn't just drop the ROH 10/6 booking because PWG had to change their show date.
Ariesfan

Postby Evilguest » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:12 am

Slappy wrote:
Evilguest wrote:

He was booked for ROH for both Friday and Saturday.

Also, note that I stated my point was from Super Dragons viewpoint in the storyline.

That's why I asked if you were serious. I wasn't sure. I did however want to defend Davey just in case you were. :wink:
Evilguest

Postby npdavis » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:16 pm

All I know is we're going to get the big Super Dragon/Richards singles match that was teased last fall at the Battle of Los Angeles.
npdavis

Postby Deviant » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:59 pm

I personally don't give a damn about any of the "real reasons" behind things. Davey won BOLA and then Davey's partner won the tag titles without him. I don't care what happened backstage to lead to these events. Do any of you really care? Focus on the stuff in front of the curtain, it's pretty sweet in its own right.

It certainly looks like PWG is building to Davey vs. Dragon. Who really gives a damn about any of the behind the scenes (rumoured) circumstances that lead to it?! Let's just focus on salivating over Davey vs. Dragon.
Deviant

Postby DBDIV » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:07 pm

Personally I think the Richards & Dragon tag team Train has come and gone. I like the fact that B-Boy & Dragon are champs now it opens up something different in the tag team chapter and I'm looking forward to their title defenese(s).
DBDIV

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum