Tornado booking at Self Titled really bad decision

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby npdavis » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:20 pm

The part of the Ryan reign that's working: fans want him to lose.
The part that is very much unclear: who exactly will step up and be the one to dethrone him.

More and more, I'm not sure. With Super Dragon & B-Boy as the Tag Team Champions, they'll be busy for at least a little while.

Aside from Davey, I don't see any other face right now getting to step it up. Maybe Sabin.
npdavis

Postby Slappy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:16 pm

I say El Generico dethrones Joey and gets revenge for that despicable act on the previously mentioned young girl. The Generic Luchadore to save the day and remain in our hearts forever!
Slappy

Postby head_bump » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:45 am

The famous Dusty finish, it works a lot of the time. Its their way of trying to get more heat on Joey, as he always avoids losing the belt even though his shoulders were pinned.

You think he lost then something comes along to reverse the decision or re-start the match only for the heel to retain - if you don't like it blame Dusty.
head_bump

Postby Deviant » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:47 am

Isn't it weird how much more effectively PWG has used the Dusty finish than anything Dusty's booked in the last, oh I don't know, decade? I love how well a booking strategy that I thought had lost its effectiveness many years ago is still being used today. Kudos PWG.

But still, let's go El Generico! :D
Deviant

Postby noah_ther » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:52 am

I dunno, I guess I just have this fear that no one is going to get the kinda push that B-Boy had when he was chasing the title. The pop for him when everyone thought he won the cage match was probably the biggest I've heard since I started going to PWG, back when it ran in Frank n' Son's. I could be wrong, but I really think that would have been the perfect time to switch the belt. Then again I think from here on out since there are no really clear cut challengers it seems like a foregone conclusion that Joey will hold the belt until at least 2007. Cuz' any win now comes out of no where unless Davey wins the belt.
noah_ther

Previous

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum