6 pack of PWG DVDs

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

6 pack of PWG DVDs

Postby FL PWG fan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:40 pm

Today my order of 6 PWG DVDs arrived so I will review all 6 of them in this thread over the course of the next few days. I got Crazymania Night 2 and the 5 new DVDs special.

So later tonight I will post Crazymania Night 2 review after Raw.
FL PWG fan

Postby Suicidal Youth » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:52 pm

Awesome, man. I need to pick up some PWG whenever I get the nerve to use Paypal again.
Suicidal Youth

Crazymania Night 2 DVD review

Postby FL PWG fan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:27 pm

Bino/Topgun vs. Disco/Excalibur- the normal opening match.

Phoenix Star vs. Ronin- I like seeing more of Phoenix star and this was a good match.

Sabin vs. Steen vs. B-Boy vs. Frankie- a great 4 corner match that all 4 men look great in it and had some new 4 way spots in it.

Strong vs. Sydal- An Awesome match that I have been wanting to see for awhile, Sydal takes a ton of punishment and Strong justs murders Sydal's back. The best one on one PWG match of the year so far.

Ryan vs. Necro- a great change of pace from Joey's normal title defenses. Necro just beats the living crap out of Joey and Joey does his normal cheating to win. Also Necro wrestles barefoot.

Hero vs. Sky- Sky and Chung are awesome as too cocky heels and Hero is great in the face role. A lot better then the live reports said it was.

Double C vs. Perkins vs. Lost- a good 3 way, starts great, falls off in the middle but picks up again at the end.

M-Dogg vs. Yang- Yeah, Next.

Cape Fear vs. Davey/Dragon- Cape Fear are a awesome team and so are Davey/Dragon these 2 teams just have great chemistry. This match proves why it was the Main event and both teams just tear it up. Tied for 2nd best match of the night.

1. Sydal vs. Strong
2. Cape Fear vs. Davey/Dragon
2. Sabin vs. B-Boy vs. Steen vs. Frankie

A great overall show!
The DVD runs 2 hours 35 minutes.
FL PWG fan

Postby TigerDriver98 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:49 pm

Hero/Sky did come off better on DVD than it did live. Probably because it had to follow the 4-way, Strong-Sydal and NECRO-Joey. Which was an amazing back to back to back series of matches (topped only by Tag 3-way, Frankie-Sky and SD-Necro from BOLA N2 IMO) It was hard for anything that came after to compete with it.

Anyway, ASW3 N2 is one of my top 5 PWG shows of 2006 so far. Good pick up for anyone...
TigerDriver98

The OC

Postby FL PWG fan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:17 am

Perkins vs. Romero- a great opening match that seemed like more of a exhibition of moves then a wrestling match.

Sabin vs. Macho Aries- Heel Macho Aries is awesome; the facials, the mannerisms, the moves just perfect Macho Man. I liked this match a lot and look forward to more of Macho Aries on the Next show.

B-Boy/Frankie vs. Ryan/Sky- Great promo work before the match by all 4 men. The match was great with some new comedy spots and the after match angle really turned up the heat on the Frankie vs. Sky feud.

Danielson vs. Steen- A great first time match that included all the pre match and post match stuff on the DVD.

Bino/Disco/Nemesis vs. Ronin/Dragon/Koslov- a good 6 man tag here that made Bino a star for all the punishment he took and he kept kicking out. The russian dance curb stomp was a great spot in the match.

Colt vs. Tornado- A great first time comedy match mixed with good wrestling.

Double C/Hero/Lost/Bosh vs. Quick/Generico/Dragon/Steen- A awesome 8 man tag that is just fun all the way through, MOTN.

1. The 8 man tag
2. Sky/Joey vs. Frankie/B-Boy
3. Macho Aries vs. Sabin
3. Steen/Danielson.

The DVD runs 2 hours 58 mins
I like this show overall better then Crazymania Night 2.
FL PWG fan

Under The Sea

Postby FL PWG fan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:40 pm

Koslov/Ronin vs. Bino/Hook- normal opening match.

Tornado vs. Sky- great rematch from Beyond the Thunderdome. He brings back the Dunk Rana and hits all of his high impact stuff in this match. Sky and Chung were their normal great selfs and I like Chung's new outfits.

Kevin Hogan vs. Macho Aries- Steen looked better here then he has looked on the last few shows. Aries brings his Macho impressions and Steen brings the Hogan. The finish is also a very clever counter and a new way to do the move.

Perkins/Romero vs. Disco/Nemesis- good match.

Ryan vs. Sabin- good match that the crowd was into and another clever way for Joey to retain.

This is where the DVD gets really good!

Cape Fear vs. Briscoes- Awesome, Awesome tag match here that is a MOTYC. Mark's no rope rana to the outside on Generico is amazing and a candidate for spot of the year. See this Match!

Dragon vs. Double C- headlocks, headlocks and more headlocks a great mat wrestling match that I know the crowd didn't enjoy it but is great for mat wrestling fans. It has a 6 minute headlock!

B-Boy vs. Sydal- Great, great match Sydal this year has been bringing it
and if ROH didn't finally get their head out of their asses and put him on every show, he would be on every PWG show.

Arrogance vs. Davey/Dragon- Great main event, and great angle afterwards. This could be the best match/angle of the year for any promotion.

These are the greatest back to back to back to back matches in PWG history and I would say ROH history as well.

The DVD runs 3 hours 13 mins and this is the best show of the year so far that I have seen on DVD.
FL PWG fan

Postby FL PWG fan » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:33 pm

Fear of a Black Planet review is coming tommorrow.
FL PWG fan

Postby FL PWG fan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:51 am

Fear of a Black Planet

Starts out with a great Dynasty promo then a Frankie promo.

Bino/Top Gun vs. Disco/Nemesis- your normal opening match.

Perkins vs. Excalibur- a good match.

Ronin/Koslov vs. Cape Fear- another great tag match for Cape fear.

Steen vs. Sky- Steen looked really good here and it made the match better because of it, Great match.

Arrogance vs. B-Boy/Tornado- MOTN, here just a great, great match and shows the awesomeness of the PWG tag team scene. The Flip german from the apron is insane!

Frankie vs. Ryan- A fun brawl to start then turns into more of a actually match with Joey using another cheap trick to retain over Frankie.

As a more regulars show it still was a great DVD and very fun to watch on DVD. DVD runs 2 hours 8 mins.
FL PWG fan

Postby FL PWG fan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:13 pm

From Parts Well Known review will be some time Friday.
FL PWG fan

Postby FL PWG fan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:29 am

From Parts well known

TJ vs. Disco- a good opener but really short.

Havana Pitbulls vs. Ronin/Koslov- great to see the pitbulls back again and this is another great PWG tag match. It also marks the end of Red Scare as a team.

Bosh vs. Frankie- Great first time singles meeting, the springboard rana by Frankie is a holy shit moment and the chairshot by Chung is actually a pretty good one unlike Queen S.

Lost vs. B-Boy- is a great match and a great way for B-Boy to pick his stip for the 3rd year show.

Steen/Sabin vs. Cape Fear- The opening promo by Steen is great, how their name should be Tweak and Cartman but Sabin says something cool like Lazor bomb thunder drive team Air Force 1. Anyway, this match is the MOTN and a MOTYC! Both teams bring the goods and show why PWG has the best Tag scene in the States. A match that you should buy the DVD just to see.

Davey vs. Joey- a perfectly overbooked match that is just lots and lots of fun.

The bonus promo is Steen and Sabin in the back finally deciding what name to go by. The DVD runs 2 hours 8 minutes and is well worth your $15.

1. Steen/Sabin vs. Cape Fear
2. Bosh vs. Frankie
3. Joey vs. Davey
FL PWG fan

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum