PWG Horror Business Results

Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Discussion

Postby Dangerous Robot » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:22 pm

The Six wrote:Bosh saying he's going for the title, even if the champ is Joey, and then Joey helps him in his match?

Seriously, what?
Dangerous Robot

Postby luca brasi » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:45 pm

They're both Dynasty members. Nothing wrong with an attempted swerve to make the later interference seem more of a surprise. After all, Bosh helped Joey win his match, too.
I remember in 86 or 87 I'm guessing... Dusty vs. Flair... before the match, Tully Blanchard came out with JJ Dillon, said he wanted a title match with the champ, whether it was his enemy Dusty or good friend Ric (Dusty was champ at the time). Of course, Tully interfered in the match and helped Ric injure Dusty's leg, setting up Flair regaining the NWA title from Dusty the next night when Dusty passed out due to pain while in the Figure 4.
luca brasi

Postby Dangerous Robot » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:01 pm

luca brasi wrote:They're both Dynasty members. Nothing wrong with an attempted swerve to make the later interference seem more of a surprise. After all, Bosh helped Joey win his match, too.
I remember in 86 or 87 I'm guessing... Dusty vs. Flair... before the match, Tully Blanchard came out with JJ Dillon, said he wanted a title match with the champ, whether it was his enemy Dusty or good friend Ric (Dusty was champ at the time). Of course, Tully interfered in the match and helped Ric injure Dusty's leg, setting up Flair regaining the NWA title from Dusty the next night when Dusty passed out due to pain while in the Figure 4.

Okay, but Joey (Flair in your scenario) already has the belt. Still doesn't make sense. I see Bosh helping in Joey's title loss at ASW4. . .
Dangerous Robot

Postby TigerDriver98 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:29 pm

Well, even when the Dynasty formed, Bosh has always claimed he was after the title (no matter who had it). So not much is different there.

Some short thoughts on the show:

- Got there sort of early, so was parking wasn't issue. But if they ever hold a bigger show there, I can see that lot filling up in a hurry.

- TJ-Rocky was quite good. I thought it was a big improvement over their Self Titled match. I hope TJ Perkins gets some sort of direction in PWG soon. He's pretty much still in the same place he's been in since 2003. Guessing he'll be next on the Ronin hit list.

- SHINGO! He had a good enough match with Ronin. I hope he comes back and faces a smaller wrestler like a Quicksilver. He's great in matches with guys like that.

- Tornado-Bosh was alot of fun. Always love Tornado's BALL OF STEEL reaction to Bosh's Lioncock Punch. Definite respect to Candice LeRae (I spelled it correctly this time!) for taking that suplex into the chairs.

- Sydal-Sky seemed to work well together. Although the match was more grounded than I usually like to see from Sydal, it was good. I didn't like the ending, mainly because Jade didn't hit him very hard with that boot. I suppose they could always say it was a LOADED BOOT or something, in which case it'd be perfectly acceptable.

- Post Intermission, Dino comes to the ring dressed as Wilford Brimley (Oatmeal for you, it's the right thing to do) and "fires" the Briscoes. Which you can guess is part of a storyline, to put more heat on the Briscoes for being assholes. Which is a good idea, rather than explain that they (or at least Mark) had a legit reason for missing the show. Hope we see the Briscoes back as a surprise again soon.

- Lost-Davey was one of my favorites of the show. They always have great chemistry together. The handspring into a torture rack counter is amazing.

- Tag Title Match was my match of the show. SD kicking the lined up ROH,CZW and Chikara belts was classic. Really fun stuff here from everyone. Especially SD busting out moves I haven't seen him do in years like the Asai and the Dragon Twister from the apron.

- Joey/Generico was my 2nd favorite of the show. Really well worked, with Generico dominating most of the match. Only for Joey to come up with yet another ingenious way to escape with the title. Fun stuff.

Overall, it was a good show. And one of PWG's more top to bottom solid outings ever. I do think it's one of those shows that will turn out even better on DVD than live. So pick it when it's released.... it's the right thing to do.

- ALL STAR WEEKEND! Was hoping we'd get a talent list at least, but I'm happy to hear Roderick Strong (one of PWG's MVPs this year) will be back.

I can't think of what else they have set up, guessing maybe Cape Fear/Tornado Vs. Joey Ryan/Arrogance for one of the nights and Joey-Tornado on the other (in a Ladder match perhaps? HT did steal the belt) Also maybe something with Sky/Frankie?

M-Dogg/Josh Vs. Cape Fear would work too.

And if Sabin/Shelley are back, I think a matcha against the KOW on Night 2 is a must.

It's also on the weekend of those MTV tapings, which means Sydal and maybe Jack Evans (who MTV has announced) could be there. I've also heard something about a possible off the radar debut for ASW, that'll probably make our UK PWG fans happy.

Hopefully they give us the full line up soon.
TigerDriver98

Postby SoCalAndy » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:36 pm

BMH55 wrote:So why the hell are you on this board if all you want to do is hear yourself talk.

First off, saying I want to hear myself talk is stupid because I can't hear stuff that I type, except for maybe the clicks of my keyboard. Second, I don't come here to "hear myself talk" at all. There are some people who can make decent posts, and when they do I like to read them. I also like reading stupid threads and people getting upset over my posts. Third, MrFantastic enjoys my posts, so I'm doing all this for him.

Shout out to Chris Jackson.
SoCalAndy

Postby PWG-G-G-Unit! » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:39 pm

Sounds like a solid show, but not as good as I thought it would turn out. That could be because I expected the 3-way tag match to be near 5 stars, though.

Can't wait for ASW4. It'll be my second [and possibly 3rd] PWG show and I'm fuckin' hyped. The SD/B-Boy v. Richards/Strong match should be insane.
PWG-G-G-Unit!

Postby onlxn » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:43 pm

Sounds like a fun show.

In regards to this...
cspariah wrote:After the match Rocky cut this promo thanking us all for our support, thanking TJ who he's wrestled many times over the last few years, and thanking his trainer who was sitting in the back. It was very random, is he retiring or something?

Maybe this was his last scheduled match with PWG? They've been using him less and less, probably due to his Japan commitments (was a last-minute addition to BOLA)... would make some sense, ending with a miniseries with one of his training partners... no idea if this is the case, but that's kinda what that speech sounds like to me.

Also, is it possible that Bosh's talk about planning to wrestle for the title was merely cute foreshadowing of his coming out later and eating the pin? Just speculating here...

Also, I'm already cringing at the thought of Dragon/B-Boy vs. Davey/Strong. In a good way.
onlxn

Postby cspariah » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:27 pm

The Six wrote:And Bosh saying he's going for the title, even if the champ is Joey, and then Joey helps him in his match?

I believe that's what they call a swerve.

Oh, also, not sure if anyone mentioned it in the thread yet -- Davey Richards announced that he was still going to go after the tag belts, with his new partner: Roderick Strong.
cspariah

Postby MrFantastic » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:13 am

SoCalAndy wrote:Third, MrFantastic enjoys my posts, so I'm doing all this for him.

Amen to that!

I made a personal promise to myself when I fisrt starting reading message boards that I would not make post with personal opinions on fans thoughts on gimmicks, storylines or specific wrestlers abitliy (or lack thereof, in certain cases) because as having close personal friendships with a majority of the local talent my opinion can be viewed as somewhat biased... However, with that being said, one of my favorite parts of reading these boards are SoCalAndy's posts (and the reactions of other members to them).
MrFantastic

Postby The Six » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:00 am

And T.J. is from Kansas City?
The Six

Postby FallenDragon » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:39 am

Watching Super Dragon go Old School was the highlight of the night besides Ronin winning and Human Tornado Pimpin' Bosh around the ring.
FallenDragon

Postby TheAstroCreep » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:00 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:So who has pictures of Jade in the Batgirl outfit. 8)

Serious? Didn't anyone have a digital camera at the show?
TheAstroCreep

Postby PsychoDriver » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:34 pm

Lord Akiyama wrote:So who has pictures of Jade in the Batgirl outfit. 8)

Wow, ok. Umm. Yeah, what do you plan on doing with those pictures? Wait, nevermind. I don't think anybody wants to know.
PsychoDriver

Postby Nick "MD" Bes » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:51 am

I've also heard something about a possible off the radar debut for ASW, that'll probably make our UK PWG fans happy.

If it's who I think it is, you American fans will LOVE him. It's his first tour of the USA. I'm one of his biggest fans and i'm very happy he's wrestling for PWG which is one of my favourtite promotions to watch. I won't say who he is but let's just say, he may very well be the best at what he does in the World. And that's no joke. And here's a clue: one wrestling magazine called him "a stunning arial artist". For those who know who I mean, keep it under your hats for the moment! Let the fans who don't know who he is enjoy what he has to offer in the ring for themselves.
Nick "MD" Bes

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:18 am

Nick "MD" Bes wrote:
I've also heard something about a possible off the radar debut for ASW, that'll probably make our UK PWG fans happy.

If it's who I think it is, you American fans will LOVE him. It's his first tour of the USA. I'm one of his biggest fans and i'm very happy he's wrestling for PWG which is one of my favourtite promotions to watch. I won't say who he is but let's just say, he may very well be the best at what he does in the World. And that's no joke. And here's a clue: one wrestling magazine called him "a stunning arial artist". For those who know who I mean, keep it under your hats for the moment! Let the fans who don't know who he is enjoy what he has to offer in the ring for themselves.

Ok... seems like we are thinking of the same person. And just to make it not sound like we are trying to get people to call Mean Gene's WCW Hotline.

What I've heard is that much hyped UK high flyer, PAC (great name isn't it?) would be flying in for the MTV tapings and then possibly appearing at ASW. If this is true about ASW or not I have no clue, but we'll find out when PWG decides to tell us.

I've only seen him in YouTube music videos, he has some really neat stuff. Also heard that he's had some great matches with Generico in Europe. So I'm looking forward to seeing him live if he also does PWG that weekend (you couldn't pay me to attend those lame ass MTV tapings... although they'd probably try)
TigerDriver98

Postby Nick "MD" Bes » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:07 am

Indeed I do mean Pac. He told me that he is booked for both the MTV tapings and PWG. He said he wants to do as much as he can in the US but I don't know if he'll do both. He said there was a mix up with flights so we'll wait and see. I honestly would prefer to see him do PWG more than the MTV tapings. I don't watch the MTV tapings. He has had some great matches with Generico. He said he looks forward to wrestling him again because they have great chemistry against each other. On the weekend of the 23rd and 24th of September, IPW:UK celebrated it's second year anniversary. On night one he faced Kevin Steen and El Generico in an excellent triple threat match. Night two he was part of a Global Gauntlet. The first two were Generico and Pac. Straight away these two REALLY did have a great match. And on the 15 of this month, they had ANOTHER great match.
Nick "MD" Bes

Postby JasonDunn » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:15 am

Oh good. Don't ask me why, but I was totally on the wrong track, thinking you were referring to El Mistico...don't know WHY he'd travel up just to do ASW...but whatever. Pac will kick some definite ass seeing live.
JasonDunn

Postby Nick "MD" Bes » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:08 am

I've never heard of El Mistico. But it's cool. I just wish I could be there in person to see Pac's debut in PWG. He's a bit shy so if he doesn't say much, there's a reason! LOL! But as of late he's saying more so he may be breaking out of his shell a bit. For those who haven't seen him before, I won't say what he does in the ring but he is the only wrestler i've ever see do a standing 450 moonsault.
Nick "MD" Bes

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:39 pm

Yeah, travel issues could always backfire when they are being controlled by someone else (especially if they decide to be dicks about it). It could go either way.

We'll see... but hopefully he can appear and has some kind of interaction with El Generico (who usually brings out the best in high flyers) As I really doubt MTV will give him (or anyone else) enough time to do anything worthwhile between all the pseudo-hip garbage. Also heard Jody Fleisch and Jonny Storm could be on the 2nd set of MTV tapings, be cool if PWG could get to use them too.

Here's a PAC video for anyone who's never seen him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uITviKEp9Gs

That imploding 450 looks really good.
TigerDriver98

Postby TigerDriver98 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:46 pm

Somewhat of an MTV talent update from SCU:

"From Japan 's innovative Dragons Gate promotion - Masato Yoshino and Genki Horiguchi

Making his United States debut from England, the Man that Gravity Forgot - Steven Lydon

Independent superstar, the high-flying-mind-blowin' regulator of the ring - Ruckus

More names to be added shortly from all of the major independent wrestling groups throughout America"

PWG please try to get Genki and Yoshino on ASW! I'd have nothing against Ruckus either...
TigerDriver98

PreviousNext

Return to Pro Wrestling Guerrilla Forum